Windows 10: IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen.

Discus and support IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE 11 in W10 worked O.K. but a month ago suddenly stopped opening from both the taskbar and desktop icons. Right click on these icons gives a pop-up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Glyadun90, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Glyadun90 Win User

IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen.

IE 11 in W10 worked O.K. but a month ago suddenly stopped opening from both the taskbar and desktop icons.

Right click on these icons gives a pop-up list of recent IE WEB and other IE sites at the taskbar IE icon, but clicking on these list items opens CORRECT microwindows (at the taskbar) that can NOT be enlarged. Clicking on the maximize button in these microwindows minimizes them into nothing.

As a result I had to switch into EDGE and import there my Favorites from IE. The EDGE works O.K. and I suspect that the problem with IE is somehow related to the incessant cajoling by MSoft for switching into EDGE, which I was reluctant to do as IE 11 worked to my satisfaction.

I have a gut feeling (???) that MSoft has a hand into stopping my IE 11 working.

I am now content to use EDGE, but I do NOT like to have such important program as IE 11 in trouble, the more so that I may need it in the future.

Can anybody help me to revive IE, as ALL my attempts to use IE TROUBLESHOOTER did not correct IE. The same after a complete scan by NORTON.

Many THANKS for attention.

:)

Glyadun90, Mar 27, 2017
  2. RickCP Win User

IE icon is gone after updating to win 10

Microsoft Edge is the default browser experience on Windows 10.

IE is still there (hidden in Windows Accesories) but it's not pinned to the Start screen or Taskbar.

Maybe this would work for you:
    Pin Internet Explorer to the Start screen or Taskbar

RickCP, Mar 27, 2017
  3. BenChan69 Win User
    Bottom of videos is cut off if I click full screen

most full videos I view on IE 11 on Windows 10, after I click full screen, the bottom image on the screen and the playback option buttons gets cut off. How come? with youtube, I don't get this problem

[Original title: IE 11 in Wundows 10]

BenChan69, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The top right corner in most windows contain Minimize, Maximize/Restore and Close icons. Full Screen is usually reached by press F11 to get it and pressing F11 again [or perhaps Esc] to go back, not all programs support it. F11 Full Screen gets rid of some of the toolbars on Web pages and controls when playing video and audio files.

I mostly use Firefox but sometimes need IE11 for sites not yet coded for Edge but you probably are right about Microsoft and Edge, I just haven't seen the problem yet.

Berton, Mar 27, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It shouldn't be possible to move a window off the edge of your desktop, but sometimes the coordinates get corrupted and the window 'opens' outside the displayed desktop. The 'micro screens' prove that IE is actually running, but has wandered off the edge of the desktop. I've seen this occasionally on every version of windows since '95.

Here's some tips from How-To Geek on how to get it back...
    How to Move a Lost, Off-Screen Window Back to Your Desktop

6. Glyadun90 Win User
    Bree:

Many thanks for your active attention to my IE problem. Unfortunately neither "Cascade" nor "Stacked" windows attempt has any effect and there does not appear a checkmark near these options in the list after I click them (after having several IE microwindows as appearing and then initiating this list of options by clicking the taskbar.

Glyadun90, Mar 29, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. What tablet are you using?

Tony K, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

There is one final option that may revive your IE, that is to reset it back to original 'just installed' conditions. You don't need to be able to open it to do this, you can do it from the Control Panel. Warning: This will disable any add-ons you may have, you may loose them and much else. At least your bookmarks have been imported to Edge, so they are safe. You can however choose to keep personal settings. The tutorial is here:
    Internet Explorer - Reset in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen. - Similar Threads - W10 taskbar microwindows

2. How to hide taskbar when only in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide taskbar when only in full screen?: My taskbar has all of a sudden started acting bizarrely. It no longer hides when I enter full screen on any app or game. It was not doing this before but starting yesterday I can't get it to go away in full screen. I am on Windows 11 and some solutions I've seen online have...
  3. How to hide taskbar when only in full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide taskbar when only in full screen?: My taskbar has all of a sudden started acting bizarrely. It no longer hides when I enter full screen on any app or game. It was not doing this before but starting yesterday I can't get it to go away in full screen. I am on Windows 11 and some solutions I've seen online have...
  4. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  5. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  6. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  7. Keep taskbar in full screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep taskbar in full screen?: I've been looking around without finding a solution. So what I want is to basically be able to have the taskbar appear when I am using an application in full screen. I have it so that the taskbar shows when I'm pointing down at it and would like this to be possible even in...
  8. W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar: Since the latest up date both my W10 computers now have full screen windows partially obscured by the taskbar. The only option is to autohide the taskbar which is a PITA This is both a Packard Bell desktop and a Toshiba laptop. I see this is a common problem since the...
  9. IE 11 will not go to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 will not go to taskbar: I have a friend who no longer can add IE11 to his taskbar. I have tried adding it from "all apps", Start menu, file location, and the link on the desktop but these options do not show the "Pin to taskbar". Suggestions? 53191
  10. Videos on FaceBook wont go full screen in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Videos on FaceBook wont go full screen in IE: For some reason -- videos on facebook wont go full screen in IE. There isnt even the fullscreen toggle arrows on the video. However, this works fine in Chrome and Edge. Must be an IE setting. Can anyone help???? 57736