Windows 10: IE 11 will not go to taskbar

Discus and support IE 11 will not go to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a friend who no longer can add IE11 to his taskbar. I have tried adding it from "all apps", Start menu, file location, and the link on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LathropDave, Jun 12, 2016.

1. IE 11 will not go to taskbar

I have a friend who no longer can add IE11 to his taskbar. I have tried adding it from "all apps", Start menu, file location, and the link on the desktop but these options do not show the "Pin to taskbar".
    Suggestions?

:)

LathropDave, Jun 12, 2016

2. Freecell: What is the best free download for Freecell?

You can use IE 11 for some of that. Go to Start | All Apps | Windows Accessories | Internet Explorer and that will run IE instead of Edge. You can right click on that in the Start menu and pin it to the Taskbar.

steve

Steve Cochran, Jun 12, 2016
  3. RickCP Win User
    IE icon is gone after updating to win 10

Microsoft Edge is the default browser experience on Windows 10.

IE is still there (hidden in Windows Accesories) but it's not pinned to the Start screen or Taskbar.

Maybe this would work for you:
    Pin Internet Explorer to the Start screen or Taskbar

RickCP, Jun 12, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

IE 11 will not go to taskbar

Have you tried expanding "More" arrow?

brummyfan, Jun 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    For now, a work around :
    Go to This PC > open your main drive C: > open Program Files (x86) > Open Internet Explorer folder > right click at iexplore.exe > click Pin to Taskbar.

Does that work ?

davidhk, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    The way that I did it seemed easy but cheating. Just open IE 11 as if you are going to use it. The icon appears on the task bar. Go to the newly created icon and right click on it and the choice to "pin it" to the task bar appears. Click on the little pin. Easy and done. I just did it the other day when I tried everything else to no avail.

Rocky, Jun 12, 2016
  7. No, as I mentioned above, I tried doing it from "open file location" which is what you're suggesting. thanks anyway.

LathropDave, Jun 12, 2016
  8. IE 11 will not go to taskbar

Will give this a shot. thanks.

LathropDave, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 will not go to taskbar

1. IE 11 will not go to taskbar - Similar Threads - taskbar

2. What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_person4499 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bndtom/what_is_this_copilot_preview_thats_just_popped/
  3. Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...: I restarted my computer and when it loaded back the taskbar stopped working. I have tried many computer resets, Windows Explorers resets, and used the system file checker and the problem persists....
  4. Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...: I restarted my computer and when it loaded back the taskbar stopped working. I have tried many computer resets, Windows Explorers resets, and used the system file checker and the problem persists....
  5. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  6. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  7. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  9. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  10. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...