Windows 10: IE 11 will not open live.com

Discus and support IE 11 will not open live.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Continually says something went wrong and won't log me in on the site. I have put it in compatibility mode and no go. Tried disabling all the add-ons... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by veldthui, Nov 24, 2015.

1. veldthui Win User

IE 11 will not open live.com

Continually says something went wrong and won't log me in on the site. I have put it in compatibility mode and no go. Tried disabling all the add-ons and no go. Tried "Run as Administrator" and no good.

Google Chrome it works 100%, Edge works 100% just won't work with IE11 and web search is not helping at all. They all basically say to do what I did above. Don't want to use Chrome or Edge and can't see why IE11 is not working. It was when the PC was at Windows 8.1 but since the upgrade no good.

:)

veldthui, Nov 24, 2015

2. I want uninstall & then reinstall IE 11 on Win 10

On my laptop with IE 11/Win 10 I have to refresh websites many times (particularly my Hotmail acct in Live.com) but not limited to that site. This does not happen with Chrome, Firefox etc. and not on my tablet or desktops using IE 11. Where can I find
    info to completely remove it and reinstall ? I don't care for the layout of Edge.

Starrider888, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Pdf files will not open in IE 11, Windows 10

Remove IE from the process and have PDFs open in Adobe Reader.

Gear icon (or Alt + x)> Manage add-ons> [Show: All add-ons]> disable the Adobe PDF Reader add-on. I don't think a restart is necessary.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Nov 24, 2015
  6. veldthui Win User
    Yes it does. However anything that refers to Sign in to your Microsoft account does not seem to work. It will show my login details and ask for my password sometimes but usually goes to the something went wrong screen. Again Edge and Chrome work perfectly on this.

veldthui, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That link takes me to the Microsoft Account sign in page.

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  8. veldthui Win User

It does for me sometimes. When I try and log in it say something went wrong. All other times it just says something went wrong. It is clearly an issue with IE because Edge and Chrome work as they should but I Edge is still pathetic at the moment and I don't like Chrome.

veldthui, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 will not open live.com - Similar Threads - open live com

2. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  3. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  4. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Open com ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open com ports: I just purchased a Microsoft Surface To Go 2 and the program that I have installed asks the following to be done. 1. Open com ports. It says that windows 10 uses 2 com ports for bluetooth. 2. Set power option to "high performance". I need help in accomplishing this....
  6. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  7. Com+ Applications will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Com+ Applications will not open.: When I select Com+ Applications in Component Services a window pops up titled "Catalog Error" saying "You do not have permissions to perform the requested action. If security is enabled on the System Application of the target computer make sure you are included in the...
  8. google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.: I recently installed internet explorer 11 on my PC. My system uses windows 10. I cannot open search engine page (Google and youtube) Does anyone know why or how I can fix this? Now I live in china boundary! Thanks...
  9. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  10. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...