Windows 10: IE 15031 tab inquiry

Discus and support IE 15031 tab inquiry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the FAST insider preview of Windows 10 and the version of IE that goes with it (15031). The 1st tab for IE has the current site, the second tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DanielStephen, Feb 16, 2017.

1. IE 15031 tab inquiry

I have the FAST insider preview of Windows 10 and the version of IE that goes with it (15031).
    The 1st tab for IE has the current site, the second tab is to create a NEW tab and the third tab is to "Open Microsoft Edge".
    Is the a way to remove this 3rd tab? I never intend on using Edge.

Thank

:)

DanielStephen, Feb 16, 2017

2. Youtube wont load in IE or EDGE but does in Chrome and Firefox

Leif

I found elsewhere that this is a known issue with IE/Edge in an insider build.

If you are on the slow release of Insider it has not been patched yet. Switch to Fast release, get the new build 15031.rs2_release.170204-1546 and then go back to slow release for the stability.

This build has a few Font issues which are a little quirky but it appears to be stable and IE/Edge then functions.

Mark

Mark Masiak- [O365], Feb 16, 2017
  3. Unable to access Google or YouTube in IE or Edge - works in Chrome

Thank you. I have switched to the Fast Ring and am downloading 15031 now.

Cap'n_Awesome, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

IE 15031 tab inquiry

Hello @DanielStephen
    Welcome to the forums!
    gpedit.msc (in Windows 10 Pro only)
    User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Settings/Advanced Settings/Browsing: enable:

IE 15031 tab inquiry [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 16, 2017
  5. Thanks Edwin but unfortunately I have HOME version.
    I'll check the registry for a setting like that.

FYI, I found ...
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\BROWSE\HIDENEWEDGEBUTTON

Now, which option is it in there ;-)

DUH, it was easier than that...this option is from the Tool/Internet Options/Advanced window under Browsing. There's a "Hide the button" option there.

After setting that option ON and restarting IE, the Edge tab has gone.

DanielStephen, Feb 16, 2017
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    I'd suggest you start using a different browser then Edge isn't going away and IE is eventually being killed off. I agree with you, though. In my opinion Edge sucks.

BRKKAB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 15031 tab inquiry

1. IE 15031 tab inquiry - Similar Threads - 15031 tab inquiry

2. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inquiry: HOW CAN I SEND A MAIL FROM MICROSOFT WORD PAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inquiry/4fb35062-267b-4ce2-be90-bedf25d19ee9
  3. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry: HOW CAN I SEND A MAIL FROM MICROSOFT WORD PAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inquiry/4fb35062-267b-4ce2-be90-bedf25d19ee9
  4. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry: Greetings. I have been attempting to install Forza Horizon 4 via the Microsoft Store App on my Samsung Galaxy Book S but unfortunately, It has been unsuccessful. I would like to know if the Game is compatible with my device or not....
  5. Trojan Inquiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Inquiry: Hello, recently I was doing an experiment and I downloaded a file which contains a trojan. Windows Defender automatically stopped it and I ran a full scan with malware bytes and windows defender. It was a Trojan:Win32/Dridex. My question is, can trojans be detected easily?...
  6. mict.dat Inquiry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mict.dat Inquiry: I have a file which is named mict.dat with 1GB of file size what is this for and can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mictdat-inquiry/685ce150-b832-4e31-9cd0-a1e4dd05aa0d"
  7. IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.

in Browsers and Email
    IE tabs not in same order IE shortcut on task bar.: Hello everybody reading this! I am running Internet Explorer 11. When I have it open with a few tabs open in certain order from left to right (or vice versa), it doesn't always match what I see when I hover my mouse over the Internet Explorer shortcut on the task bar. If I...
  8. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab: My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find any guides for doing this. The YouTube video Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode - PRE09 is helpful in regards to...
  9. Pricing inquiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pricing inquiry: Hi! How much are paper licenses for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pricing-inquiry/c1708124-57f3-428b-a7f5-8d494f006f28"
  10. IE 11 missing tabs

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 missing tabs: I have a weird situation. When I have IE 11 with multiple tabs opened and pull one of them off to a second monitor it looses it's tabs. IE 11 never did that in Windows 7. I have another coworker whose IE does the same. Odd. What's the deal and how do I fix that? 98683