Windows 10: IE alternatives

Discus and support IE alternatives in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Internet Explorer or others ... or which browser are you using? I was looking for most secure browser and came across Aviator. Has somebody tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wert, Oct 7, 2014.

1. wert Win User

IE alternatives

Internet Explorer or others ... or which browser are you using?

I was looking for most secure browser and came across Aviator.

Has somebody tried it and is it really so much more secure than IE, Firefox or Chrome?

:)

wert, Oct 7, 2014

2. Alternative to Bing search in IE?

Thanks! That's very good to hear. It's strange that my old 520 running 8 and later 8.1 kept the choice but my 640 on 8.1 did not. I'm glad to learn that 10 gives users a choice again.

Martin 520, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Alternative to Bing search in IE?

Oh dear. My subsequent searching seems to have answered the question: The choice of using anything except Bing seems to have been taken away. Well obviously that's not going to happen. I'm almost irrationally annoyed about this decision and the fact I'm
    forced to use Bing only stiffens my resolve to do no such thing. So, Google's saved as a favorite and that will have to do.

Martin 520, Oct 7, 2014
  4. IE alternatives

ThrashZone, Oct 7, 2014
  5. I have never used Aviator but i might test it in a VM at some point.
    Toms Guide has a pretty good article on it and touches on way it is meant to be more secure...

What does Aviator do?

Read More...

JDobbsy1987, Oct 7, 2014
  6. wert Win User
    Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I personally don't have any problems with any browser I'm using (IE, Firefox and Chrome). Lots of computer illiterate people I know are having problems with "Potentially Unwanted Programs" and IE gets hijacked and unusable. A reset of IE and cleanup of the whole system is necessary. WhiteHat Aviator looks good so far, will give it a try.

wert, Oct 7, 2014
  7. From my experience, other browsers get affected just as much as IE...

Most problems i see tend to be malware on the computer that changes the browser Home Page, Search Options, Start displaying different ads on pages ... etc...

This affects all major browsers, the reason why IE may seem the worst hit is because as you mentioned "computer illiterate" people... they don't necessarily go out to get other browsers therefore the impact on IE may seem higher.

That's my opinion, i don't have any stats to back it up *Biggrin

JDobbsy1987, Oct 7, 2014
  8. IE alternatives

Yep a browser is not going to save people from themselves *Biggrin
    Next/ Next/ Next..... loads of junkware or worse *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 7, 2014
  9. adamf Win User
    adamf, Oct 7, 2014
  10. wert Win User
    As mentioned in post #4 I'm not worried. Tor I'm using since quite a while now for certain pages. Tails I've never tried, but it sounds good because it's portable.
    Aviator I tried now for a while and it looks similar to any other main browsers, just that it starts in protected mode. Looks like a good alternative browser concerning security.

11. JDobbsy1987, Oct 7, 2014
  12. Atomic77 Win User
    Ive been using Microsoft Edge as my browser for now. Google Chrome was being weird with my email.

Atomic77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE alternatives

1. IE alternatives - Similar Threads - alternatives

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  8. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  10. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...