Windows 10: IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins

Discus and support IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In IE tools, safety, is a link to Windows Update; its broken, says it cant find a wuapp.exe file. For some reason IE drops my log ins as soon as I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Apr 25, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins

In IE tools, safety, is a link to Windows Update; its broken, says it cant find a wuapp.exe file.

For some reason IE drops my log ins as soon as I leave a site. EMails, Win 10 forum, everything. It never used to. I have checked the settings and can find nothing. I do have remove temp files ticked in advanced tab.

Chrome seems fine regarding remembering log ins

:)

elbmek, Apr 25, 2016

2. Multiple log-ins of IE at same time

When I log on to the internet with IE . Then hit favorites for a game . When it goes to my games it have multiple IE's load at same time . How I found this is in my volume mixer it has 2-3 different volume controls for IE. Edge and chrome doesn't do this.
    But IE works best with my games even with this problem. How can I turn the other IE's off ? And make so doesn't happen anymore ?

ToddMellinger1, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Multiple log-ins of IE at same time

Yes I tried ,I believe all the normal stuff like clearing cache. Tried opening in same window,opening new window,clearing IE cookies. I tried alot of thing . Can't remember them all. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

ToddMellinger1, Apr 25, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

when you selecting the Internet Explorer 11 menu:
    Safety-> Windows Update or
    Tools->Windows Update

you will get the error dialog box:

IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins [​IMG]

That is Windows Update (wuapp.exe) has been removed from the Control Panel and it is now in Windows 10 Setting menu. That is why the link is broken and wuapp.exe has been replaced all together.

The link remains for compatibility with Windows 7 and Windows 8!

snoopy51, Apr 25, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    cheers snoopy, something the forgot to take out

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins - Similar Threads - Broken Link Dropping

2. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?: Dear Microsoft community,For quite sometime I've had multiple Internet Explorer log-ins even though I don't use it, its only used in my Windows 10 system. As I've seen in my sign-in activity however, the browser comes up as log-ins that are confirmed to be mine, but are...
  3. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?: Dear Microsoft community,For quite sometime I've had multiple Internet Explorer log-ins even though I don't use it, its only used in my Windows 10 system. As I've seen in my sign-in activity however, the browser comes up as log-ins that are confirmed to be mine, but are...
  4. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. log ins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log ins: hi Following a recent Windows 10 update, I now have to log in to EVERYTHING afresh on a daily basis - except sometimes it remembers and I don't! completely randomly. This includes e.mails Outlook, EBay, Facebook etc. Occasionally, I have to log in more than once on the...
  6. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  7. Event Log - Attached Files broken links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log - Attached Files broken links: With error reporting, crashes, etc, I am not seeing any files being added to specific folders except for C:\Windows\Temp. Every item in the event viewer has "attached files" with links that start "\\?\" and then the link to the folder. Currently I am trying to troubleshoot...
  8. LOG INS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOG INS: HOW TO CHECK LOG INS ON THIS COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-ins/932e741a-4ef8-4132-8374-2e9614d3d266
  9. log ins

in Windows 10 Customization
    log ins: How do I get rid of the constant log in. I had it fixed till this last update. I am the only one that uses this pc and DO NOT like to constantly log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/log-ins/e85a1df1-fdad-4050-8026-a21de86a2e36
  10. Log Ins/Outs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log Ins/Outs: I have noticed that win 10 does not allow a generic log in screen like 7/8 did. I have 3 users on my pc; if I am the only one logged in, and log out, it just reboots my desktop. If another is logged in and logs out, the same. Is there a magic key to return the log in...