Windows 10: IE crashed after enhanced security mode

Discus and support IE crashed after enhanced security mode in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I moved to WIndows 10 both Edge and IE works fine. But recently, Edge started to falling apart. It crashes with a message and the display is too... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by senderj, Dec 24, 2015.

1. senderj Win User

IE crashed after enhanced security mode

When I moved to WIndows 10 both Edge and IE works fine. But recently, Edge started to falling apart. It crashes with a message and the display is too short that I don't even have enough time reading it before Edge close itself. Since I still have IE so just don't bother to fix it. But then, IE started to slow down and loading a page might take few minutes while Firefox responds immediately. Also, I couldn't download anything from web. Clicking any download related button (even showing a pdf file) did not have any response at all. I suspect it may be due to some add-on, so I disable almost all add-on except the MS search ones. But still IE is slow in loading pages. I searched the web and found some about enhanced security mode in IE. I switched it on and also another option called something 64-bit processes for enhanced security mode. But after restart IE, it closes itself without a single message, just like Edge. I am not able to change the setting back. So what can I do to get back the IE and Edge? Please help.

:)

senderj, Dec 24, 2015

2. Bing Bar

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the Security tab, and then click Internet.

3. In the Security level for this zone area, click Default level.

4. Click OK.

After setting the security settings of IE 10, please check if ‘Enable Enhanced Protected Mode*’ is checked. You can check it by going to Internet Options > Securty. Bing Bar doesn’t support it, so if it is checked, the Bing Bar will not work. IE will also show
    some tip for the problem at the bottom of IE window when the ‘Enable Enhanced Protected Mode*’ is first time enabled or Bing Bar is newly installed.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Applications cannot connect to internet after windows 10 update!

I found that I couldn't use IE 11 until I'd disabled enhanced protection mode under Internet options>Security>Internet untick enhanced protection.

Time Lady, Dec 24, 2015
  4. cpmusic Win User

I've had a similar problem with IE11 in W10. Sometimes it works well, but there are times when it stalls loading a new web page, and other times when it won't even indicate that it's responding to a mouse click. I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. I'm back on Chrome as my default browser, but it has its own problems with 10.

I guess I'll see if I can get used to Edge, but I get the feeling that Microsoft "fixed" a lot of things that weren't broken with IE while ignoring what was actually wrong with it.

cpmusic, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

1. IE crashed after enhanced security mode - Similar Threads - crashed enhanced security

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Enhanced Session Mode question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enhanced Session Mode question: I have a vi-Boot created W10 system that has "Enhanced Session mode" set. Yet when I attempt activate it, the "Enhanced session" is grayed out in the VIEW menu. Is this caused by something that vi-Boot causing ? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks 165219
  6. Edge stable IE mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge stable IE mode: I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get IE mode working in the new Edge stable. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1903 and I'm using the recently released Edge stable. I've followed all the steps in this guide:...
  7. IE Security Certificate Warning

in Browsers and Email
    IE Security Certificate Warning: My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I look at it and open it in FF; not a problem. Is IE being overzealous My AVG Internet Security and MWB Premium do not...
  8. Enhanced Session Mode

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enhanced Session Mode: I have Windows 10 Build 10041 and created a VM in Hyper-V using a Windows XP SP3 iso. After initial setup, Windows XP is missing many drivers, including network so I can't copy driver files to the VM. Is there a way to enable usb support or anything else that will allow me to...
  9. IE 11 Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Crashing: Hi, Hoping somebody could help me with this Happening quite often, 5 times today, very annoying I don't have alot of information other then event viewer and sfc outcome Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Event Viewer Faulting...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....