Windows 10: IE do not start on Win 10

Discus and support IE do not start on Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. After updated from Win 7 I cannot open IE. No any error message, IE just do not start. How to work with this issue?? Rgds . 40695 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Czarek, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Czarek Win User

IE do not start on Win 10

Hello.
    After updated from Win 7 I cannot open IE.
    No any error message, IE just do not start.
    How to work with this issue??

Rgds

:)

Czarek, Feb 12, 2016
  2. PVHansen Win User

After Windows 8 to 10 upgrade, lost Windows 8 Start Screen shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10 all of my IE shortcuts from the Windows 8 Start Screen are missing. I can import favorites from IE off the Win 7 side but can't seem to locate any of the Win 8 Start Screen IE shortcut tiles.. Any suggestions??

PVHansen, Feb 12, 2016
  3. billrWL Win User
    I need to run IE 10 or 11 to run Dynamics CRM (Windows 10 Fail)

ie 11 is still included in win 10. Looking in start menu

under windows then windows accessories. ie 11 is there

billrWL, Feb 12, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, go to Control Panel, Programs, click Turn Windows features on under Programs and Features, tick IE11, If it's already ticked, untick it and reboot then tick again.

brummyfan, Feb 12, 2016
  5. Czarek Win User
    Reboot 2 time doesn't help.

Czarek, Feb 12, 2016
  6. Have you tried this way
    At top right of screen at end you will see 3 dots.
    Click on them will open up a menu
    Scroll down and see if
    Open with Internet Explorer
    Helps You.

If not go to settings in the same menu and see if you can open it that way
    See if you can also reinstall it via your browser
    I myself use the Edge Browser as I myself find it a lot more steady

On 7 you had IE10 on Windows 10 you need IE11

hTconeM9user, Feb 12, 2016
  7. Czarek Win User
    Yes I tryed this way as well. I think that problem is in IE just can't start. How to reinstall IE ?

Czarek, Feb 12, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Let's do it the old fashioned way which is a Win 7 method but still applicable in Win 10.
    I am sure you are aware of it.
    Right click at Start button > Control Panel > top right, click View by > select either small or large > Default Programs > wait for it to load > left side, scroll to find Internet Explorer > click it > right side, click Set this program as default > click OK when done.

davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  9. Czarek Win User
    Still the same only circle for 2-3 second next to mouse arrow and than no other action.

Czarek, Feb 12, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    You can not uninstall and reinstall IE 11. It is part of the operating system. The best one can do is to DISABLE it.

I have only 2 suggestions :

1. Use another browser such as Edge, Google Chrome, FireFox etc.

2. Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 and see if it will fix the IE not starting issue.
    It will let you keep you settings, files and apps.
    Activation is automatic.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  11. Try disable which will shut computer down and restart it then re enable it again and it should go in

12. davidhk Win User
    Redundant.

The above reply has already been mentioned by brummyfan in Post #2.
    And the OP has already said it did not work on Post #3.

davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  13. Czarek Win User

I gone try Repair Install Windows 10 tomorrow. Let you know how it works later.

Czarek, Feb 12, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Good luck.
    Please post back the result.

davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  15. A third party browser extension on Internet Explorer may be causing this issue, so it would be ideal if you could open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode, to start it with no browser extensions.

To perform this action, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type iexplore.exe -extoff and press enter.

If it still happens while in no add-ons mode, please click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and uncheck the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    After restarting your computer, click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and check the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.

Thema:

1. IE do not start on Win 10 - Similar Threads - start

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...
  4. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  8. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

9. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  10. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...