Windows 10: IE Dumbed-Down after AU

Discus and support IE Dumbed-Down after AU in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My initial dislike of Edge was caused by being unable to shift-drag from the address icon to create a standard shortcut in a folder. Now it seems that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nigelmercier, Aug 16, 2016.

1. IE Dumbed-Down after AU

My initial dislike of Edge was caused by being unable to shift-drag from the address icon to create a standard shortcut in a folder. Now it seems that Internet Explorer has been dumbed-down so it no longer allows this, only a pinned shortcut will work.

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 16, 2016

2. Does "Reopen Last Browsing Session" exist in Edge?

It's really dumbed down from IE. It doesn't work any better than IE on a bad day, either. Why did they bother?

Beverly Blakemore, Aug 16, 2016
  3. josekym Win User
    Dumbing Down a 6300

What I did with my 6233 was to create my own "black" wallpaper. I used Paint to make a 240x320 pixel JPG file and colored it black. I uploaded this image using a cable and set it as my wallpaper. Of course, I also changed the standby font color to another
    shade to contrast with my wallpaper.

You could also search the net for compatible dark-colored Themes for your phone if you like. =)

josekym, Aug 16, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

IE Dumbed-Down after AU

In order to create a shortcut, hold CTRL + Shift keys and then drag the favicon in the Address Bar to the folder you want to create the shortcut.

You won't be able to drag shortcuts back to Internet Explorer if you have 'Enhanced Protected Mode' on though, as this doesn't work since Anniversary Update. And more importantly, sometimes double-clicking shortcuts with 'Enhanced Protected Mode' on won't work either with IE set to default browser, so I think it's a bug rather than by design and presumably will be fixed at some point.

ARC1020, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Thank you. So the functionality is still there, just a different key combination.

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE Dumbed-Down after AU

1. IE Dumbed-Down after AU - Similar Threads - Dumbed Down

2. My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.: Hi:I had this alt virtual computer machine: Windows 11 is my host but the topic is my virtual pc in VMware,I set it for a boot option for my virtual pc so i can fix my main pc if hacked: or i used it to test some stuff,Now this virtual alternitive pc is month and 2 days old,...
  3. My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.: Hi:I had this alt virtual computer machine: Windows 11 is my host but the topic is my virtual pc in VMware,I set it for a boot option for my virtual pc so i can fix my main pc if hacked: or i used it to test some stuff,Now this virtual alternitive pc is month and 2 days old,...
  4. Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu: Note: This forum provides a menu for many topis withing Windows. Media player is not included, however. That said:Greetings Y'all.Bottom line on top: On Windows-11, both versions of Media Player are missing my most important feature. The rest is commentary.I have Windows 11...
  5. Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu: Note: This forum provides a menu for many topis withing Windows. Media player is not included, however. That said:Greetings Y'all.Bottom line on top: On Windows-11, both versions of Media Player are missing my most important feature. The rest is commentary.I have Windows 11...
  6. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  7. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  8. Device Manager Dumbed Down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Dumbed Down?: I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427
  9. Device Manager Dumbed Down?

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Dumbed Down?: I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427
  10. Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10: Starting to find that the built-in Administrator account is a bit crippled - "This app can't open ... can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again." (I always log in with the built-in Administrator account so this...