Windows 10: IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls

Discus and support IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running two PCs with Win 10 and with Internet Explorer (IE), and recently transferred my Fav folder from desktop to my laptop and they are there... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craige, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Craige Win User

IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls

I am running two PCs with Win 10 and with Internet Explorer (IE), and recently transferred my Fav folder from desktop to my laptop and they are there but all are missing their Icons.

Now, I have searched all of the internet but couldn't find anything tht actually solves the issue.

I have also tried re-doing the entire process and re-copyng and restoring it again, cleaning the cache and temp folders etc etc...

BTW, I am also willing to copy all Favicons & installing it manually - But where are they located? locations pls...

Pls guide me and yes I am an advanced user of win - So shoot on.

PS: I have face this problem in past too, but I have always solved it by deleting and re-copying the favs again from source but this time nothing seems to be working.

:)

Craige, Jun 30, 2017

2. Home Button on IE

Where is the home button on Edge? I miss that. Finally found the import for IE favs saved sites but really miss just clicking home to back to my msn home page IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls :(

MaryJohnsonWAH, Jun 30, 2017
  3. JasTG Win User
    Importing favourities into MS edge from IE11

All my favs show up on my windows 7 laptop using IE 11. My favs are not available using IE on my Windows 10 laptop. I would like to import them from Win 7 to Win 10 edge. I have tried all the usual methods. I do get 'all done' but no favs.

JasTG, Jun 30, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Hi,
    I would not worry about it. A lot of mine are the generic icons until I use the Favourites shortcut and then it gets the 'proper' website icon back.

Think there is a cache for icons somewhere that has probably changed and it's regenerating it.

I would rather let Windows 10 get on with it rather than fiddle about trying to insert out of date, old or non-existent Icons.
    Some of mine go back 17 years or more.

Helmut, Jun 30, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Yeah, the favicon.ico file is located on the Web site and eventually will show up in the URL/Address bar. I created such an icon for my site.

Berton, Jun 30, 2017
  6. Craige Win User
    I have clicked and opened 10+ fav sites that I saved, but icons are not re-generating. Now, I have around 200 sites and missing icons means a total disaster for me..... I have to get a fix anyhow :-(

Craige, Jun 30, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Missing the site's icons on the Bookmarks/Favorites list has never prevented clicking such a shortcut to get to the site. Or in other words the URL does not rely on that icon, mine didn't while I was developing it, simply typing the URL in the Address bar [such as Amazon] allows opening the site. The icon is useful for 'branding' and making the list of Bookmarks/Favorites easier to locate particular sites/pages.

Berton, Jun 30, 2017
  8. Craige Win User

Bump - Any solutions ?

Craige, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Fav trasnferred but Icons missing - Help pls - Similar Threads - Fav trasnferred Icons

2. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: I need help fixing a problem. My laptop broke yesterday, so I had to take out the hard drive and connect it to another computer. Now, I'm seeing a certain display. Can anyone help me fix it?...
  3. help pls

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    help pls: so my pin isn't working and it's saying that its not available and that i have to reset it but when i click the reset pin button nothing happens, but that's not the issue, the issue is when i try to fix it in the system recovery tab it says that i need my password but every...
  4. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: Hello pls I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc but some of my apps keep giving me the error message “ this app can’t run on your pc” but it opens the first time I download it but once I quit the application it gives the error again pls help I have done sfc scan and different...
  5. Wifi Icon Not Showing Pls Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Icon Not Showing Pls Help: When I started my laptop it showed in the login page but when I got to desktop in the taskbar it didn't showed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-showing-pls-help/865f98a3-fc80-478a-aaa5-61db27f87001
  6. Missing Xbox Services... Help pls.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Xbox Services... Help pls.: Hi, im having an issue i never had before. Well it happened after i updated windows.. You see i got missing xbox services these to be exact altough they show up in the Registry Editor but not in Services?. Can't login into Xbox app therefore i can't play Xbox store games wich...
  7. help pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help pls: i accidentally downloaded windows 10 on my hdd and want to put in on my ssd. How should i go about this? should i factory reset my pc? would doing this delete windows 10 so that i can re download it onto my ssd? submitted by /u/StonerSloth125 [link] [comments]...
  8. IE help ..?

in Browsers and Email
    IE help ..?: Hi All . I have my IE turn on in program feature , but It doesn't work .. can't do anything ... Just freezed ..like nothing happens..? [img] Help please . Thanks . 53715
  9. IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?

in Browsers and Email
    IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?: Well was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Win 10... and imported all of my Fav.'s along with manually taken registry file in order to maintain fav. order. Now, in IE 11 - All list of websites are appearing in order as I placed in windows 7, But. in IE Edge its all jumbled....
  10. IE Edge icon - Location pls ?

in Browsers and Email
    IE Edge icon - Location pls ?: I have enabled "Quick Launch" function on my win10 machine just like in WIn7, but am unable to put "Default Edge" icon there. Leme post pics to explain better. [img] - Icon I want in Quick launch [img] - Icon I get by default (Last one) So how I can get the icon...