Windows 10: IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

Discus and support IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2017.

1. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way to turn it off.

:)

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2017

2. "Edge" created a tab on my IE browser - want it gone

See the Answer post
    here.

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 5, 2017
  3. RFsmith7 Win User
    Always close all tabs??

When you hit the X button on IE with multiple tabs open, you get up a dialog box that asks you whether you want to "close all tabs" or "close current tab". With Edge your options are just "close all tabs" or "cancel". That's a change.

RFsmith7, Apr 5, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

philc43, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Ah, thank you, I was looking at the "already checked" boxes and missed it. Bad case of the flue so not a sharp as I normally am. *Thumbs

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2017
  6. I was getting annoyed by that edge tab but somehow it suddenly became unchecked for me. I was searching for an answer and saw this thread and sure enough it had become unchecked in the settings.*Tongue

HRPuffnstuff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

1. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how? - Similar Threads - Open Microsoft Edge

2. Help remove edge install IE

in Browsers and Email
    Help remove edge install IE: Hello i wish to remove edge and replace by IE but when i install windows 11 it just launches edge. is there any way to completly remove it and use only IE? thanks winver 1083 182438
  3. Help remove edge install IE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help remove edge install IE: Hello i wish to remove edge and replace by IE but when i install windows 11 it just launches edge. is there any way to completly remove it and use only IE? thanks winver 1083 182438
  4. MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    MicroSoft Edge wants to open for no reason: Hi, I've some trouble booting with User/password problems and attempted to fix it. Of course I've made it worse! I now get a message This app Can't open Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built in administrator Password. Sign in with a different account and try again....
  5. How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  6. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab: My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find any guides for doing this. The YouTube video Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode - PRE09 is helpful in regards to...
  7. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  8. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  9. A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?: I have a website that I use everyday. If I try to open it in Edge, it opens in IE by default. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/a-website-will-only-open-in-ie-i-want-to-open-it/30aaa501-6ab9-454e-b5ea-ed0f04924fa9
  10. Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer How to Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, a new Open Microsoft Edge button has been added to...