Windows 10: IE reset

Discus and support IE reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If one were to apply this reset, would the bookmarks/passwords be restored with synch setting, or would one lose all of them? [img] 4839 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dude, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

IE reset

If one were to apply this reset, would the bookmarks/passwords be restored with synch setting, or would one lose all of them?

IE reset [​IMG]

:)

2. IE and Windows 10 Edge Browser

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you.

Try resetting IE browser and check if it helps. Refer to the following link to reset the Internet Explorer browser:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: Resetting IE will reset the preferred settings to defaults and also the saved information such as Favorites will be lost.

Get back for further help.

Sharath Srinivasa, Mar 20, 2015
  3. Windows10-IE-Gmail stuck in opening bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Try to open the Internet Explorer in InPrivate and Compatibility Mode and check.

Refer to "Pages aren't displaying correctly or appear blank" in the link below. Open IE, then press Shift+Ctrl+P to open IE in InPrivate.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

IE reset

Brink, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    Thank you Shawn, for some reason I thought they would be lost

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. There used to be an option to include personal settings that would include your passwords, but deleting cookies can take care of that.

Brink, Mar 20, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE reset

1. IE reset - Similar Threads - reset

2. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  3. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  4. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  6. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  7. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  9. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  10. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b