Windows 10: IE Security Certificate Warning

Discus and support IE Security Certificate Warning in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Oct 18, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

IE Security Certificate Warning

My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I look at it and open it in FF; not a problem.

Is IE being overzealous

My AVG Internet Security and MWB Premium do not inhibit the site at any time.

:)

elbmek, Oct 18, 2015

2. My PC can not install the update

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a status. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate. A website's certificate identifies the web server and it enables Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Internet Explorer
    can help keep your information more secure by warning you about certificate errors.

Refer the below links and check if they helps.

* Certificate errors on IE 11: FAQ

* About certificate errors

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10/IE 11 with digitally signed certificates

Hi,

I have ocx file with digitally signed certificate from 2014 and timestamped. When I install active x it works fine in windows 7 and IE 11 and I can see the code signing certificate in personal folder from IE settings. Also I can see the same certificate
    in trusted publishers folder in word 2010. When use same thing in windows 10 and IE 11 I cant see that certificate downloaded.

I am getting security warnings for macros as the certificate not installed. Any reason why it wont install certificate in windows 10?

Thanks,

Sam

samred3022, Oct 18, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Here's a link to the Microsoft page about IE security warnings, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7 . I think what happens with the smaller sites is that the certificates have to be resubmitted every so often or they expire. This is probably what is causing the warning. It does say that if you continue to the site IE will remember and next time not show the warning.

JohnC, Oct 18, 2015
  5. elbmek Win User
    It comes up every time, maybe have to put the site in exceptions ???

Your link says IE does not remember:

Internet Explorer will remember the certificate while you have your browser open. You can return to the site without receiving another warning for that certificate until Internet Explorer is restarted. However, you will still see the red Address bar and the message Certificate Error in the Security Status bar.

elbmek, Oct 18, 2015
  6. I've also seen this when the time on your computer clock does not match the clock on the website. This can also present security certificate errors. You also may be able to reset your browser settings to default which should allow the site to load properly, that is, if you wish to not adjust security settings in IE 11 options.

GamerwGlasses, Oct 19, 2015
  7. elbmek Win User
    I have surfing protection loaded within my AV, so think I will tweak IE

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE Security Certificate Warning - Similar Threads - Security Certificate Warning

2. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  3. IE Certificate Propagation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IE Certificate Propagation: Using Win10 Home v10.0.19041 unable to transfer certificate into the IE Personal store browser Dell Inspiron 7405. Using a different laptop running Win10 Pro v10.0.18363 this is not a problem Dell XPS. I've tried Chrome and Opera browsers, both are successful with...
  4. Certificate security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate security: I have noticed my computers are acting weird. Anti-malware has been run on both computers. My laptop started a download called "ELERA". This is said to be a touch pad driver however this is not the case. My desktop has an usual traffic as well there, applications are opening...
  5. security certificate

security certificate: I keep getting a security certificate warning because the one I have is outdated. How do I get a current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-certificate/50fb16c8-dc1a-402f-8283-d483aaf7eeef"
  6. Security Certificate

Security Certificate: I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate....
  7. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  8. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513
  9. Event 64 warning about a certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 64 warning about a certificate: This obscure warning has been appearing recently in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 67 5e bb 9a d3 59 b0 8d 0b dc aa c4 b0 c6 94 8f 04 66 9d f6 is about to expire or already expired Can anyone interpret it and...
  10. What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?: I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning: [img] I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one: [img] Can someone please advise what this certificate relates to and what I should do to fix the issue since I've never seen...