Windows 10: IE Settings

Discus and support IE Settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can someone please remind me how to keep IE in full screen. Its been a while and my addled brain has forgotten. *Confused I've tried the full... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Mar 3, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

IE Settings

Can someone please remind me how to keep IE in full screen. Its been a while and my addled brain has forgotten. *Confused

I've tried the full settings etc but it reverts to small window when using later on.

:)

elbmek, Mar 3, 2016

2. Fonts and IE settings

This is because the site you mentioned uses thai fonts. It is only possible to view the website normally on your device only if you are able to get that thai font and install it in your device.

Once you get hold of the font, you will need to use the activesync's explorer and put that font in \windows\fonts directory followed by soft reset.

TarandeepKaur, Mar 3, 2016
  3. suchada Win User
    Fonts and IE settings

Hay,

I'm a thai girl thatI just buy a new HTC diamond in the netherlands, (I live there and I buy the phone fore do Thai internetsites) but I cant do Thai sites like "seesantv.com". The Thai language won't apaere, (only blocks end stars) and when I touch the
    Play Now button, only the WMP starts up, but don't make the connection. This site works verry wel at my homecomputer and is the reason I by the HTC.

Please can anybody help me...............

suchada, Mar 3, 2016
  4. IE Settings

Hi
    On mine F11 put it in full screen and retains this setting when restarting

paulsalter, Mar 3, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    it does not do it, always, maybe a bit, then opens in small window, there used to be a tweak, I'll see if I can find it

elbmek, Mar 3, 2016
  6. elbmek Win User
    Got it:

regedit:
    [+] HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    [-] Software
    [-] Microsoft
    [-] Internet Explorer
    [-] Main
    [*] FullScreen = Yes

Click ok and reboot

However in win 10 full screen does not appear as an option in the brown folder but its now on the right. And there it was, clicked on modify and changed No to Yes.

elbmek, Mar 4, 2016
  7. elbmek Win User
    MY mistake, its not full screen I want but to open in full showing top control bars eg: file etc. Full screen hides the top bars.

elbmek, Mar 4, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

IE Settings

Will this old-fashioned method still work for you ?.................

Right click at IE11 shortcut > click properties > Shortcut tab at top > at Run heading, click the pointer and select Maximized > OK when done.

IE Settings [​IMG]

If you do not have an IE11 desktop shortcut, go All apps > Windows Accessories > right click at Internet Explorer > More > Open file location > right click at Internet Explorer > Properties.........

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    Hey David, thanks, I have adjusted my desktop IE properties, now for some testing

After a bit of clicking I have discovered that the IE icon does now open as I wish, but when I click on a desktop net shortcut it opens in small window *Confused

elbmek, Mar 5, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    What is desktop net shortcut ?

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    You mean shortcuts such as Tenforums.com ?

Mine opens full screen.
    It might be because that net shortcut was opened and closed in normal mode. The system remembers the size that shortcut was last closed.
    Open your IE11 and make sure it is in full screen.
    Then open one of your desktop net shortcut. Does it open full screen now ?

In short, if you change the window size instead of full screen, and you close it. Next time it will open to the size you have made the change.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  12. elbmek Win User
    Yes, what I do is often used sites I have bookmarked and then dragged bookmark to my desktop, these open in IE in small window mode but IE opens 'normal'. I also have 'net' icons for online software I use a lot, like google search, facebook (not for stupid chatter), bank, paypal, emails etc. Forums are in a desktop folder.

Anyway, I seems to recall, when this problem first appeared (in IE9 I think) there was a solution whereby a person opened IE into full screen with top bars visible (menu etc); left it open then did something else with another link, closed IE page behind it and it was supposed, from then on, to remain covering the screen, but that's only a vague memory and may not be right for 11. anyway I cant seem to do it. I am now wondering if this was mention in 8 forum, but a long time ago???

edit: I just came back via direct desktop bookmark option, screen opened in small!!

elbmek, Mar 5, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

IE Settings

So, refresh my memory.
    What is you current issue ?

Have you tried open IE11 first to make sure it is opened in full screen, then open any of your net shortcuts ?
    They should open in full screen from here on as long as you do not manually change the window size.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  14. elbmek Win User
    This is how it opens when I click on shortcut

and how I want it to open

note: when I click on the IE button directly it open as per the second image, normal screen, not minimised. I am going to try and delete a shortcut, remove it from bookmarks, and go to site and redo bookmark, then drag it to desktop, it might help??

I removed all trace of win 10 forum, went to it via address bar, bookmarked it in IE, and then dragged bookmark to desktop, no difference, still small window

elbmek, Mar 5, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Seems to me we are going in circles.
    Permit me to try again...................

1. Use the "properties" method and set IE11 to open maximized.
    2. open IE 11 to make sure it does open maximized.
    3. open one of your desktop shortcuts. Does it open maximized ?
    If it does, it should continue to open maximized as long as you have not manually changed it to different size.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

IE Settings

1. IE Settings - Similar Threads - Settings

2. I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...: long story short i spent around 3 hours last night adjusting all my settings in my network tab, i have set my duplex and speed to 1gb to correspond with my new wifi speeds but my system is still capping its link speed recieve/transmit at 100mbps, how do i increase this to be...
  3. I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am on windows 11 home and i have done all the tricks with the duplex settings but my link...: long story short i spent around 3 hours last night adjusting all my settings in my network tab, i have set my duplex and speed to 1gb to correspond with my new wifi speeds but my system is still capping its link speed recieve/transmit at 100mbps, how do i increase this to be...
  4. Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.: So, i was with a friend clearing out ram on my computer when i hit "end task" on the fillies icon when i was in task manager. My computer immediately grey screened and i panicked and pressed the power button. I was able to shut down my computer and bring it back online. When...
  5. Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.

Caps Lock/Num Lock Visual Indicators turn on even when its off in settings.: So, i was with a friend clearing out ram on my computer when i hit "end task" on the fillies icon when i was in task manager. My computer immediately grey screened and i panicked and pressed the power button. I was able to shut down my computer and bring it back online. When...
  6. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  7. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  8. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  10. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...