Windows 10: IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page

Discus and support IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to set up my daughter's laptop who's not at home. I decided that having a screen sharing program, such as join.me would be a good idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matt316, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Matt316 Win User

IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my daughter's laptop who's not at home. I decided that having a screen sharing program, such as join.me would be a good idea so that I can see what's going on over the distance from my computer. However, on neither computer can I access either of the two websites that I want: join.me or TeamViewer.

I have tried it on both computers (Win 10 on mine, Ubuntu on hers) and on IE, Firefox and Chrome and I'm unable access them. What's going on?

IE states:
    Cannot securely connect to this page
    This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
    Try this:
    •Go back to the last page

Firefox:

Secure Connection FailedThe connection to join.me was interrupted while the page was loading.
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
    Learn more…
    Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Chrome:

This site can’t be reached
    The connection was reset.
    Try:Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall
    Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Matt

:)

Matt316, Jun 28, 2018
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Toddbooks Win User

Problem with UK Government sites access

I have a problem with UK Government sites on this computer. I have tried accessing and filing on the companies house site, and have today tried to file a tax return with HMRC. In both cases I have been able to log in, but when moving to the next step to actually do anything I get either an error message or a screen freeze. I have not had problems with any other websites.
    I have used an old laptop computer and found that both sites work well on that machine without problems, using the same email address and access codes, so it would seem that the problem lies with this computer but I cannot work out what the problem might be.
    Are there any suggestions as to what I could try?

Toddbooks, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. IE states: Cannot securely connect to this page - Similar Threads - states Cannot securely

2. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect securely to this page: Please advise how do I resolve this message . This comes up many times whilst trying to access websites. Even from well known trusted sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/24710357-384f-422d-9677-041c9be655f2
  3. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect securely to this page: I've trying to get on this page but I keep getting this message. "Cant connect securely to this page" This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website's owner. Please let me know how I can...
  4. cannot securely connect to this page

cannot securely connect to this page: same question. when I try logging into gaydar a message comes up. Cannot securely connect to this page. can you help fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-securely-connect-to-this-page/e3740c1c-9f4c-46f1-9a34-a73b66d7d6d5
  5. cannot securely connect to this page

cannot securely connect to this page: i am trying to log in to a particular site but i keep getting the message cannot securely connect to this page. I have changed the tls settings as suggested but to no avail....
  6. Cannot securely connect to this page

Cannot securely connect to this page: hello, all of a sudden i got a 'cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner' message when using the internet i tried researching it and I've done...
  7. "Cannot securely connect to this page" Using windows 10.

"Cannot securely connect to this page" Using windows 10.: Keep getting denied access to web pages and email links that are being reported as in-secure when they are not. Same problem when attempting to access some Microsoft help info....
  8. Cannot securely connect to this page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot securely connect to this page: This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. Cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner. I'm getting this...
  9. Cannot securely connect to this page

Cannot securely connect to this page: Using a Surface Pro and Windows 10 - Cannot securely connect to this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-securely-connect-to-this-page/94c30154-2c4c-41a9-833b-e03440cd96fc
  10. Cannot securely connect to this page

Cannot securely connect to this page: Using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro to connect to Xero using a Xero Java API I get 'Cannot securely connect to this page' - Why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-securely-connect-to-this-page/1daa9508-7a01-42fe-a96b-ddb0ccff305c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot securely connect to this page

2. ie cannot securely connect to this page

3. share onedrive folders Can’t connect securely to this page

4.  Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website’s owner. Try this: Go back to the last page,
  5. onedrive cannot securely connect to this page