Windows 10: IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

Discus and support IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Windows 10 build 10041 x64. Every time I launch IE from my taskbar it opens a second tab, flashes Go Microsoft.com and then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alphanumeric, Mar 24, 2015.

1. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

I did a clean install of Windows 10 build 10041 x64. Every time I launch IE from my taskbar it opens a second tab, flashes Go Microsoft.com and then opens the IE Technical Preview page. The welcome to the latest version of IE page. I have set my homepage to just Google, reset IE to defaults etc but can't get ride of it. Google opens and then a second later the second tab opens and focus is taken to this page. It's getting really annoying now. Anybody know how to get ride of it?

:)

alphanumeric, Mar 24, 2015

2. Is there ANY solution to Slow IE-11 (not Edge) after upgrade to Win-10?

I have IE 11 running on several fresh installs (not upgrades) of Windows 10, including a factory image of Windows 10 on a brand new Surface Pro 3. IE 11 runs very slow in this environment compared to how it ran in Windows 8.1. Simply opening the Google
    home page has a 5 to 10 second delay on all machines running Windows 10 and IE 11. No, I don't have a bunch of add-ons.

This problem was noted in the technical preview, again noted after official launch, and still persists now. Makes Windows 10 not worth the upgrade.

Microsoft, are you listening?

BruceMorris, Mar 24, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer defaults to Zbiddy.com

Great suggestion, but didn't work for me at first, due to my mis-understanding - still learning Windows Phone 8 - You learn something new every day.

Steps I followed:

- Confirmed no instances of IE were open. I usually close all inactive apps just because....

- Unpined IE from start

- Launched IE - it took me to zbiddy.com

- Went into Settings - deleted all history

- Closed IE

- Launched IE and it still took me to this stuid zbiddy page.

Frustrated....

Fruther reflecting on ,

1) The page comes virtually instanously as if its cached yet I flushed the history.

2) You said you close all IE tabs and when launching IE it always takes you to a blank screen - that has never been my experience. IE always takes me to a recent page I viewed. So maybe when I say I'm closing IE I'm doing something different than you????
    I just double tab the back button to close an app/window until all windows are closed.

Further reflecting.....

3) Found the tab option..... Learn something every day - I'd yet to play with IE tabs on my Windows phone, I just figured each session I had open was a tab but it seems not.

Thanks a lot for the help

PeterVellinga, Mar 24, 2015
  4. dmholt57 Win User

IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

Look in the properties of the shortcut, change the Start In to actual file location instead of the generic location with % tags...see if it makes a difference.

dmholt57, Mar 24, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Go to internet options, general, type over whatever is in the homepage block (just type google.com) and press ENTER, do not click use current or anything else, yet. Click apply, ok. Exit IE and restart IE. Should have Google search and nothing else.

f14tomcat, Mar 24, 2015
  6. Well, I'll be, that worked. *Thumbs Thank you, that was annoying the hell out of me, and very frustrating.

alphanumeric, Mar 25, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Just wait! Spartan will make you do the whole thing in Greek! *Roflmao2

f14tomcat, Mar 25, 2015
  8. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

I tried to give you rep but its not working? Or I'm not clicking in the correct place?

9. f14tomcat Win User
    Lower left corner thingy with the little thumb on my post. And thanks!

f14tomcat, Mar 25, 2015
  10. *DohNow I see it. I was clicking the green things under your member title. Don't ask me why, one of those days I guess.

11. f14tomcat Win User
    Build 10041 has most of us wondering where the rest of the UFO's are! You're not alone! Again, thanks, and have a good one! *Wink

f14tomcat, Mar 25, 2015
  12. gzt7d8 Win User
    The 2nd tab just gave up for me. After I clicked to close it a few times, it finally got the hint. *Wink

gzt7d8, Mar 26, 2015
  13. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

I've read other similar reports, didn't seem to want to go away for me. If I had waited long enough maybe. Fixed now anyway.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

1. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE - Similar Threads - Technical Preview page

2. IE has hijacked my page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  3. IE opens in Bing Search

in Browsers and Email
    IE opens in Bing Search: Hi, I'm not sure how this setting got changed. I just did a reset on my pc and I have google.com set as my webpage in IE. That will open correctly, but if I open a new tab or new window it comes up looking like the page I have attached. I don't know what changed that...
  4. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  5. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Support
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  6. IE 11 will not open live.com

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 will not open live.com: Continually says something went wrong and won't log me in on the site. I have put it in compatibility mode and no go. Tried disabling all the add-ons and no go. Tried "Run as Administrator" and no good. Google Chrome it works 100%, Edge works 100% just won't work with IE11...
  7. IE reset

in Browsers and Email
    IE reset: If one were to apply this reset, would the bookmarks/passwords be restored with synch setting, or would one lose all of them? [img] 4839
  8. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...
  9. Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?: I have added the Quick Launch to my Taskbar and now I cannot figure out a way to add Internet Explorer to the Quick Launch area. I know how to Pin to Taskbar, but that's the way I really want it to be. I rather have it in the Quick Launch area instead. I tried dragging it...
  10. IE dors not connect opens with blank page in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    IE dors not connect opens with blank page in Windows 10: Suddenly IE opens and nothing displays. It has always worked before. Edge and Chrome working properly. This is how it displays [img] Menu displays like this [img] And I've never noticed this [img] Anyone knows what is happening? I would appreciate any...