Windows 10: IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

Discus and support IE will not stay open; it shuts down. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while -- the browser just quits. Sometimes it will return, but only for a short time. This is making it impossible to get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by grannienannie1, Aug 10, 2017.

1. IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

I've had this problem for a while -- the browser just quits. Sometimes it will return, but only for a short time. This is making it impossible to get any work done.

:)

grannienannie1, Aug 10, 2017
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Computer will not stay in sleep mode - it shuts down soon after being put in "sleep".

Hello,

It looks like you're having problems with the sleep mode of your Windows 10 computer. We would like to know if you've made any changes to your PC prior to the issue. Also, let's check if the problem is due to corruption in system files by using the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. These tools scan and repair the damaged and corrupted system files on your computer. To do this, follow the steps on this
    article.

We also suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter by performing these steps:

1. Right-click on Start.

2. Go to Control Panel.

3. On the View by options, select Large icons.

4. Click on Troubleshooting.

5. On the left panel, select View all.

6. Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Aug 10, 2017
  3. lindy2262 Win User
    Computer will not stay in sleep mode - it shuts down soon after being put in "sleep".

If this didnt work take a look and see if you have "Adaptive Sleep Service" downloaded, go to administrative tools, double click services, and if it is there click on it go to properties and instead of automatic start select disabled. You could then go
    into yor PC and under Program files find ATI double click and find adaptive sleep service right click and delete.

Worked for me .

lindy2262, Aug 10, 2017
  4. IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

Hi grannienannie1. Welcome to the TenForums @grannienannie1

Do you have the same issue with Edge or Chrome?

If you type reliability History into Cortana Search, then click on app, does Reliability History give more info as to why IE is closing.

Just to confirm this is the older IE and not the new Edge browser that was delivered with Win 10.

What version and build are you on for Windows 10?

Windows Key + R, type winver, enter.

Have you scanned your computer with a second product like Malwarebytes?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 10, 2017
  5. Have never used Edge or Chrome. Was able to get into Reliability History, but don't know what any of that means. Yes on older IE. Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540) Regularly scan with Malwarebytes, Spybot, Norton.

Nancy

grannienannie1, Aug 10, 2017
  6. Okay.

I would try Edge, should be right on your Task Bar, large blue E. Actually you or someone must have set IE as default as 10 normally defaults to Edge and even begs you to at least give it a try.

I would also try a clean boot outlined in this tutorial to see if any third party software is involved, especially with all those AV's being present.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 10, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Hi,
    I use IE 11 myself.
    In IE 11 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab >
    Bottom of that box Reset...

In the top section of the same box, Settings, scroll down to "Enable automatic crash recovery" tick that box if necessary.

You may have to set IE again as the Default Browser, they may change it to the Edge Browser.
    Apply, Restart PC Laptop, and so forth.

There are other checks you can do but those for starters.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE will not stay open; it shuts down.

1. IE will not stay open; it shuts down. - Similar Threads - stay open shuts

2. Monitor shuts down but PC stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor shuts down but PC stays on: For about a week now my monitor will shut down, but the PC stays on. The only thing I can do is hard shut down. I do not get a blue screen but there is a minidump file when it happens. Please advise....
  3. Monitor shuts down but PC stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor shuts down but PC stays on: For about a week now my monitor will shut down, but the PC stays on. The only thing I can do is hard shut down. I do not get a blue screen but there is a minidump file when it happens. Please advise....
  4. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  5. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  6. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down: Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix:...
  8. Computer Will not stay Shut-down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will not stay Shut-down: Hi all, My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by itself this goes also fro sleep and hibernate I have tried the following methods to resolve the issue but to no avail : 1...
  9. Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.: Trying to use Word. After clicking the icon Word opens and then immediately closes back down, won't remain open for use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-will-not-stay-open-opens-but-shuts-back-down/2edcc72d-fa0b-470e-8a43-333b81688cb0
  10. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi ge63 shuts down when sleep