Windows 10: IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

Discus and support IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sdonaghey, Apr 13, 2016.

1. sdonaghey Win User

IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page. These all worked before the forced update. There were 2 updates installed KB3142588 and KB3140768. I uninstalled the KB3142588 and rebooted and everything worked again. Later in the day again MS installed something and forced me to reboot. After the reboot, the same problem came back. Funny thing now, is that those 2 updates are no longer there and were replaced by others. One of them I could uninstall and the other I cannot. I uninstalled the one (didn't write done the KB#) and rebooted and still the same problem. It only really seems to be issues with some https sites. I can't believe that there is a problem with googles certificate.

I get a "There is a problem with this website's security certificate". The security certificate presented by this website is not secure. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept and data you send to the server.

I cannot just accept the cert nor can I look at it like I could in Windows 7.

:)

sdonaghey, Apr 13, 2016

2. IE11 disappeared from this PC

After recent Windows update I cannot download IE11 which has been on this PC for years.

Cannot turn it back on nor reinstall using any instructions I find online.

I really prefer IE to Edge but can't seem to download it again. Please advise.

klaro 1590, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge

With Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced a new Browser Edge side by side with IE11. They haven't broken the functionality of IE-Care to tell us what issues are you having with IE?

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

1. IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates - Similar Threads - IE11 Edge Broken

2. Blue screen after recent update, when using Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after recent update, when using Edge: After a recent update i now get a blue screen whenever i use Edge, the stop code is listed as Driver IRQL not less or equal, whatfailed Ipeaklef.sye Can somebody please advise how i can resolve this? i have checked and all apps are listed as being up to date many thanks...
  3. Office is broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office is broken after update: Not a single office application will open. They dont even load or show up in processes. I checked for updates, reinstalled a NEWER addition of office and it still wont work. What is going on?...
  4. FTP broken after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP broken after windows update: I have been using 2 FTP programs (Coffee cup direct ftp, and intersoft ftp navigator) on my HP laptop since I got it. A few weeks ago I got a windows update and now neither of them work. They open and act like they are connecting to the server but thats as far as they get....
  5. Recent update has broken USB Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent update has broken USB Mic: Hey there Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound works fine on my USB headset but the microphone is not being detected by anything, including Windows itself. I've checked...
  6. Broken Computer after Update....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Computer after Update....: After updating to the lates version of Windows, the update broke my entire computer. Here is what is happening: -All the setting and adjustments are negated (is like i did not change any setting at all) -Graphics are glitched as hell (not even the mouse pointer scheme is...
  7. Windows Media Player got broken with recent update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player got broken with recent update!: Hello, On 13.‎06.‎2018 I installed the "Windows 10, build 1803" update for my computer. Since then I can't play my own music. After this update, my Media Player stopped working. It doesn't even launch. When I try to run it, it says that the Media Player is not installed...
  8. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  9. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  10. BSOD's after recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's after recent Windows Update: Hello, I've recently experienced multiple BSOD's after a windows update. After the computer restarts from the BSOD, my USB Wifi Adapter doesn't seem to connect to my wifi. After unplugging and re-inserting the usb adapter, it connects and is fine until my computer BSOD's...