Windows 10: IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

Discus and support IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sdonaghey, Apr 13, 2016.

1. sdonaghey Win User

IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page. These all worked before the forced update. There were 2 updates installed KB3142588 and KB3140768. I uninstalled the KB3142588 and rebooted and everything worked again. Later in the day again MS installed something and forced me to reboot. After the reboot, the same problem came back. Funny thing now, is that those 2 updates are no longer there and were replaced by others. One of them I could uninstall and the other I cannot. I uninstalled the one (didn't write done the KB#) and rebooted and still the same problem. It only really seems to be issues with some https sites. I can't believe that there is a problem with googles certificate.

I get a "There is a problem with this website's security certificate". The security certificate presented by this website is not secure. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept and data you send to the server.

I cannot just accept the cert nor can I look at it like I could in Windows 7.

:)

sdonaghey, Apr 13, 2016

2. IE11 disappeared from this PC

After recent Windows update I cannot download IE11 which has been on this PC for years.

Cannot turn it back on nor reinstall using any instructions I find online.

I really prefer IE to Edge but can't seem to download it again. Please advise.

klaro 1590, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge

With Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced a new Browser Edge side by side with IE11. They haven't broken the functionality of IE-Care to tell us what issues are you having with IE?

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

1. IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates - Similar Threads - IE11 Edge Broken

2. Edge broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge broken?: Hey, I was browsing on edge with google search engine in private window when I visited a website it showed a fake pop-up that my device has virus.So, I closed the browser it was showing to install something on the pop-up screen but when I opened my browser again my Microsoft...
  3. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  4. Broken Laptop after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Laptop after recent update: I got the recent update for Windows 10. After updating, I can no longer access my files as the folder would crash after I open it. My screen also keeps blinking and changes from cool tone to warm tone. As it blinks, it would refresh the taskbar. The windows startup menu is...
  5. Edge Auto-Updater Broken

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Auto-Updater Broken: Edge will only check for updates and actually update if done manually by going to the browser's "Help and Feedback" section and then the "About" page. The behind-the-scenes auto updater, which runs every 2-3 days, fails. Five computers, one of them mine, are affected. All are...
  6. Programs and system options broken after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs and system options broken after recent update: After restarting and applying the newest updates for Windows 10, I'm having a bunch of problems. Firefox closes itself not crashes after a few minutes of use, same with Settings after a few seonds. Malwarebytes and Bitdefender won't open at all, I haven't found anything else...
  7. Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?: Last night everythingwas working fine before I installed the update after shutting down Today I can't connect to any network at all , even though my wireless adapter is installed . I even reinstalled it twice to see if that would change anything but it didnt I have tried...
  8. answers.microsoft not responding in windows 10 IE11 or edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    answers.microsoft not responding in windows 10 IE11 or edge: This pc has not been working correctly since all updates following incomplete update to v. 1909 on 1/13/2020. HP tech supposedly fixed all problems yesterday via remote control yet this morning I cannot get any response from Micros/Windows apps, programs etc. Will be amazed...
  9. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  10. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979