Windows 10: IE11 default orientation of menus

Discus and support IE11 default orientation of menus in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi ... I hope this is the right section. Please have me excused, if not. I run Win10, but use IE11 as default browser. The problem is that the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tresfjording, Nov 21, 2016.

1. IE11 default orientation of menus

Hi ...
    I hope this is the right section. Please have me excused, if not.

I run Win10, but use IE11 as default browser.
    The problem is that the menus appear to the left, and not the right.
    I have searched the net and my settings for a solution, but I could not find any.
    Se attaches image.

:)

Tresfjording, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Lead3 Win User

How to use Internet Explorer in Windows 10

IE 11 is installed in Windows 10 by default.

select the start menu and type IE11

You can then pin it to the start menu and/or the task bar.

Lead3, Nov 21, 2016
  3. JRook Win User
    Windows 10 and Live mail browser choice won't stay selected

I followed the above suggestions but the problem still remains. Additionally, I then deleted all browsers except Edge and IE11, re-booted and selected Edge as the default. Same action, the menu box pops up asking for my choice. The settings give me no
    option to select IE11 as my default, it doesn't appear in the default app settings menu so I could not check that. This only seems to happen in Windows Live Mail, Outlook works normally.

JRook, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

IE11 default orientation of menus

It only does that for me if there's a long name in the sub-menu and there's not enough room to the right to display it in full. It may be that IE11 has forgotten the correct dimensions of your screen. Try changing your display resolution in Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings to something else, then back to your usual display resolution. Hopefully IE11 will now know what settings to use.

5. Hi Bree ...
    Thanks for a quick reply, but unfortunately that didn't work.

Tresfjording, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Tresfjording, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE11 default orientation of menus

1. IE11 default orientation of menus - Similar Threads - IE11 default orientation

2. Remove All Accelerators & Search with Bing from IE11's context menus?

in Browsers and Email
    Remove All Accelerators & Search with Bing from IE11's context menus?: Outlined in red are the items I would like to remove from the following two IE11 context menus. The items do not show up in "Shell Extensions Manager" or "Shell Menu View". Nor was I able to locate them in the registry. Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit Version 1903 Build...
  3. IE11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  4. IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default

in Windows 10 Support
    IE11 Read Mail in the command bar does not launch the default: In W10, IE11 the "Read Mail" button in the command bar does not launch the default email client. In the default programs my email program "The Bat! from Ritlabs" is set to be the default in settings. Yes, I'm using IE11 for now and would like this feature to work. Bob 124539
  5. IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE11: where is IE11 on my PC? cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/25759eaa-d976-4be1-88d6-9ae0a057782f
  6. Orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orientation: Orientation reverts to portrait when computer restarts. How do I make landscape the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orientation/ba2e1480-c19e-4851-8c70-0fcf974e0c5d
  7. IE11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE11: I went to Bonaire and tried to open Pandora on my laptop, got an error message "Pandora is not available in your area" now that i'm home I'm getting the same error message. I tried reseting IE11 it worked once and now it dosent....
  8. Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings: I'm not even close to being ready for MS Edge. Problem is I can't set IE11 as the default in settings because it is not an option when I click on Web Browser in Settings. For what it's worth, Edge isn't listed either. Links in MS Outlook revert to Edge 45999
  9. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  10. IE11 - Make Default

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 - Make Default: How Can I make IE11 the default please? I have to do this by pressing the option button in edge (...) each time. Help for this old duffer appreciated. 81523