Windows 10: IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update

Discus and support IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 1, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update

Hi there

This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update

can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10 that's a problem or the particular site or something on my machine

From the BBC - Main / Home page works fine but then links get broken or hang.

On Edge / Firefox - works correctly !!!

Rail fares increase by 1.1% in England, Scotland and Wales - BBC News

This site seems broken as well using IE11. Home (Main) pge appears then IE11 hangs

Yahoo Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News

I'm running latest build (NOT the insider version) of W10 Pro X-64

Strangely enough THIS site (the forums) works OK with IE11

Thanks and happy new year everyone.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2016

2. http 303 error since latest w10 update

After the latest update of w10 mobile certain websites (gmail and some password protected webpages of my company) are returning with http 403 errors.

EmanuelRoodenburg, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Don Varnau, Jan 1, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Both links work fine for me using IE11 - version is 11.20.10586.0, update version 11.0.26 (KB3104002)

lx07, Jan 1, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks for testing - this is where you need a 3rd party to do the tests so you don't propagate mistakes to other machines.

Still no good for me -- will try restoring pre-update W10 image. Could be the updates didn't work properly.
    Not good if updates break a system !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Have you tried it using 'InPrivate Browsing'

Just to see if its an extension that is causing issues

paulsalter, Jan 1, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Both links of yours work in my laptop.
    Win 10 version 10586.36
    IE11 version 11.20.10586.0

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update - Similar Threads - IE11 failing websites

2. Some websites inaccessible after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites inaccessible after windows update.: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 pro after rollback from the windows 11 upgrade failed. After installation I installed windows updates, after which some, but not all websites are inaccessible. I am certain it is an update as I installed windows again after...
  3. Computer very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after latest W10 updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after latest W10 updates.: My W10 computer has suddenly become very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after updating it with KB4565351 and KB4497165. Starting up Firefox goes without problems but installing a program, opening task manager, opening windows settings goes very slow. submitted by...
  4. Uninstall IE11 W7 in W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall IE11 W7 in W10: Hi, I installed IE11 W7 downloaded from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41628 on W10. I can´t run it. The "iexplorer.exe" executable doesn't exists: [ATTACH] How can I uninstall it? Thanks for your attention. I’m looking...
  5. After latest w10 update casting to windows display adapter often fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After latest w10 update casting to windows display adapter often fails: I have a tv that can be cast to, with a windows display adapter plugged in the back (more responsive mouse). This used to work just fine but now I typically need to switch between them a few times to get it working. After some tries I will see the cursor, but nothing else,...
  6. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  7. Website won't update when reloaded - IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Website won't update when reloaded - IE11: I'm trying to read one of the big U.S. news websites in IE11 but it's literally showing me yesterday's news. I've cleared cache, dropped cache disk space to its minimum of 8MB, changed cache settings to check for newer versions of stored pages every time I load the page....
  8. latest cumulative update breaks IE11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    latest cumulative update breaks IE11: Hi there after applying the latest cumulative updates IE11 is now broken on my system (W10 pro X-64).. Often the Main (home page) of a site works but as soon as you link to other links in the site garbled text often appears. Here's an example from BBC website. Main...
  9. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598