Windows 10: IE11 favorites issue

Discus and support IE11 favorites issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I deleted the favorites folder in Users/me,,,to created a new one ,it did create the new favorites folder but it will now not let me save any favorites... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caperjack, Jun 3, 2015.

1. caperjack Win User

IE11 favorites issue

I deleted the favorites folder in Users/me,,,to created a new one ,it did create the new favorites folder but it will now not let me save any favorites ,or i replaced the new folder with the old backed up one ,and it will not show the favorites even though they are in the folder ,ty

:)

caperjack, Jun 3, 2015

2. Internet Explorer 11 Synced Very Old Favorites ( 5 Yrs. ago items )

Hi People,

I were troubleshooting IE11 in my end user's PC. Issue is after resetting IE11, added Favorites bar.

In that Favorites bar, IE11 synced very old Favorites that includes 5 yrs of favorites. Due to this more than 1000 of Favs mingled with recent ones.

Please suggest me troubleshooting steps to follow.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10, IE11 Favorite Bar

I checked the posts mentioned above but they don't address my specific issue. Have no issue using the main favorites. My issue is with the Favorite Bar which is visible in IE11 but which is empty and I'm unable to add anything to the favorite bar.

Have done the following:

Verified that the information in registry (Shell Folder and User Shell Folder) is correct.

Reset IE 11 twice but favorite bar remains blank and am unable to add anything.

Have no problem and Microsoft Edge, but I prefer to use IE11.

Would appreciate an answer to my issue.

MANUELMADEIROS, Jun 3, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

IE11 favorites issue

I just fixed it with something I tried twice already ,but for some reason today it worked ,,, I had the favorites folder backed up to thumb drive ,,when I plugged in the thumb drive and open IE it found the favorites on the drive and worked , so I copied the favorites folder to the desktop it found it there as well ,so I then put it back into the user folder and its now working again,

caperjack, Jun 3, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    opps ,not working again, only shows favorites when I plug in the thumb drive with the favorites folder on it ,weird

caperjack, Jun 3, 2015
  6. Try deleting the fav folder you created, launch IE, save a web page to favorites
    did IE recreate teh favorites folder?

No, let it percolate and check in a while to see if Windows recreates it in it's crawl.

Slartybart, Jun 3, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    If IE is sync'd with OneDrive it "should" recreate it. Or not?

Cliff S, Jun 3, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

IE11 favorites issue

ie will not not let me add a favorite after I delete the folder

Cliff S , I will check see if I have onedrive set to sinc ,I may have it turned off ,
    thank for comments

caperjack, Jun 3, 2015
  9. How about this ... turn IE off in Pgms & Feats Turn Windows features on or off, restart, then turn IE back on.

I started writing that I wouldn't be much help because I turned off IE, then it occurred to me that might help you.

Slartybart, Jun 3, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    i will try that now ,thanks

caperjack, Jun 3, 2015
  11. I'll keep posting suggestions as I think of them:

It probably isn't this easy, but try it - who knows ...

Create a new Favorites folder, then use your text editor to build the desktop.ini for the Favorites folder using the lines in the code box below. If nothing else, it will be a folder with a star *Wink

Fairly standard stuff - the folder name and icon from shell32.dll

Here's the contents of desktop.ini file in the Favorites folder on my other machine.

Code: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21796 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-115 IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll IconIndex=-173[/quote] or ... How about creating a new user profile and comparing the registry entries for favorites. I looked at the other machines registry and there really aren't too many once you strike the Edge browser keys. I thought about posting the keys from my side, but it would be more expedient for you to do it side by side after exporting the HKCU key while logged in to each user.

Slartybart, Jun 4, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    I will try that tomorrow ,getting late here ,early to bed early to rise ,, thanks .

or ... How about creating a new user profile and comparing the registry entries for favorites. I looked at the other machines registry and there really aren't too many once you strike the Edge browser keys. I thought about posting the keys from my side, but it would be more expedient for you to do it side by side after exporting the HKCU key while logged in to each user.[/quote]

caperjack, Jun 4, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

IE11 favorites issue

ok, I got it working again ,I was just using copy/past back to the user folder ,leaving it in two places ,, so I just deleted it fromm the user folder and did a move from the thumbdrive and remove the drive and restarted IE and it worked , thanks for all your help,

caperjack, Jun 5, 2015
  14. Cool - that was simple. Good to know about the conflict between the folders too (original folder / copied folder).

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    I have been copying them to the user folder for years, even on different installs of win10 ,, this is first time that ever happened ,I'm incline to blame the presents of project spartan ,only difference in all the times I did the copy past of favorites

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE11 favorites issue

1. IE11 favorites issue - Similar Threads - IE11 favorites issue

2. IE11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  3. IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE11: where is IE11 on my PC? cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/25759eaa-d976-4be1-88d6-9ae0a057782f
  4. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  5. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  6. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    sync favorites-IE11 in win 10: hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help...
  7. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly: I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks. Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used...
  8. IE11 script error (compatibility issue)

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 script error (compatibility issue): So I just upgraded my work computer to windows 10. Previously I had windows 8.1 with IE11 and even though I initially had compatibility issues with my work's website, I had it working via compatibility mode. Now though, it barely works. I can load it and log on, but whenever...
  9. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  10. IE11 Issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Issue: Need a little help. When I go on MSN, IE11 shows gray boxes where pictures go. It seems to to be only happening on my account. I created another user account, and IE11 displays properly on MSN. Also, Store will not open on my account but opens on the newly created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IE11 issue cant delete some favorites