Windows 10: IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Discus and support IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fussybob, Oct 14, 2016.

1. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

:)

fussybob, Oct 14, 2016
  2. jcr46385 Win User

Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (IE11 Google Toolbar KB3194798)

Since installing KB3194798 cumulative update that screw up (IE11 and Google Toolbar ) ...I found out I have three choices ( live with it or uninstall it or find another way)...since I been reliable on Google toolbar since the beginning for their auto
    search suggestions, and search history...that's because I have a ( spelling and learning disability) since Korean War and i'm up in age ...I install Windows 10 Redstone 2 Update build 10.0.14915...Hey!! no problem then I install Windows 10 Redstone 2 14926
    with same result...but!! I made a mistake not checking Windows update and see if it was still disable...it wasn't and Windows update installed (KB3194798) and now it back to Windows 10 Version 1607 14393.223 not Redstone 2 (update disable)....if you don't
    install (KB3194798) and set Windows 10 update to disable...then future cumulative update will not install...This was intended!! ...now Microsoft can continue with their roadmap with BING, Toolbar, EDGE and IE11 auto search suggestions, and search history and
    Google toolbar is gone, no where in sight.

jcr46385, Oct 14, 2016
  3. No Google search history or suggestions

This was caused by an update (Microsoft) almost 2 months ago. You will probably have to wait for another update to fix it.

More:

site:answers.microsoft.com google search history - Recherche Google

Some of those posts will tell you which specific update caused the issue.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Marsid Win User

I have also started to have this problem . The only way I have managed to get it back is to do a system restore but it then reverts after a couple of days .
    I am sure there are some geniuses out there who can help !!! Have never been let down on this forum .

Regards

Sid

Marsid, Oct 15, 2016
  5. jfgrauer Win User
    Same exact problem. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Grauer

jfgrauer, Oct 15, 2016
  6. fussybob Win User
    Looks like the Google Toolbar is broken for now. Win 7 users are also complaining about the same issue since the recent Win 7 updates. There is some talk over at the Google Forums so Google is aware of it. Will MS or Google fix it is the question. MS wants us to use Bing so they really aren't interested it fixing the problem. Google Toolbar version 7 is over 5 years old, Google Chrome browser doesn't have a Google Toolbar, the Google Toolbar doesn't work with the latest versions of Firefox and they announced that Google Toolbar won't support Firefox anymore. Plus a lot of the chronic Script errors in IE11 have be attributed to the Google Toolbar, uninstall the Toolbar and the errors go away.

Hopefully either MS or Google will fix this, or it's just going to be the end of it.

fussybob, Oct 15, 2016
  7. jcr46385 Win User
    I send this (Report toolbar issue) to Google. so far no reply > There was no problems running W10 Pro with IE11 and GoogleToolbarInstaller_en32_signed.exe 7.5.4413.1752 installed...until it was updated with Microsoft KB3194798 (for 1607) this morning...These problems are mark in options > Suggest searches as you type and > Store search history on my computer...Please Advice

jcr46385, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Marsid Win User

I am pleased that it is not my PC. Also pleased that people like fussybob has troubled to reply .
    I have looked on the google forums and it does seem that their is now a number of problems has started after recent Win 10 updates .

Thanks to all that have replied

Sid

Marsid, Oct 15, 2016
  9. fussybob Win User
    Microsoft is aware of the issue over on their forum. No ETA on fix, if any.

fussybob, Oct 17, 2016
  10. orealius Win User
    Yes...the scroll down history in the toolbar is very convenient for re-searching sites. It's irresponsible to let it go south!

orealius, Oct 19, 2016
  11. orealius Win User
    Having same problem in Windows 7/64....Wonder which update may have caused this?

orealius, Oct 19, 2016
  12. fussybob Win User
    fussybob, Oct 19, 2016
  13. orealius Win User

Win 7/64 is updated according to W.U. But can't find KB3194798 Any way to search for this specifically?

orealius, Oct 19, 2016
  14. fussybob Win User
    Control Panel/ Programs and Features, click on the "View Installed Updates" in the upper left window. You need to click on the "+" to the right of each category to expand the update listings.

fussybob, Oct 19, 2016
  15. orealius Win User
    Can you give me a date for this update?

orealius, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

1. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history? - Similar Threads - IE11 Google Toolbar

2. Google search box history problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google search box history problem: Hello! I am wondering if you can permanently delete history from google search box. I've tried to do ctrl+h and in advanced settings deleting files from the start, but when I tried to type something again it saves yet again. Tried changing "myactivity" aswell, but nothing...
  3. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box: I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I...
  4. RE : IE11, Google search provider

in Browsers and Email
    RE : IE11, Google search provider: Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them. P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have...
  5. Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Google toolbar Search suggestions not there no drop down menu IE11: I have been driven nuts with this problem for a few days now. I get it working for a while then gone again. Tonight I went into installed updates and uninstalled the updates which downloaded around the time the problem started as it seemed to happen after update restart. Up...
  6. Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE11: Google Toolbar not auto filling in IE12. Don't know what is wrong as I have it set to auto fill! 67341
  7. Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?: No worries! Appreciate the help. It is a worry, though. I've seen other people via Google with the same/similar issues. Could it even been related to the IP/Internet connection? Using the same Wi-Fi, it might sync results etc. Doubtful. That's only a gateway to the net....
  8. Google search results on IE11 fault

in Browsers and Email
    Google search results on IE11 fault: After doing a search with Google on IE11, when I click on one of the lower links in the web page displayed, it jumps to the top of the page and can't open the link I want. I know of several other persons who are experiencing the same problem. Anybody suggest any work...
  9. Google Toolbar History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Toolbar History: I've asked this before, but can't find it, but would like to ask it again. I have Google Toolbar installed. Up in the left hand side, where you put something to search for is there, but all the things I have search for isn't when I hit the down arrow. To update on this, is...
  10. Disabling Search History In Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Search History In Google Search: I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I hope that someone can assist me in this matter. Thank you. Regards, 92456