Windows 10: IE11 in Windows 10 builds

Discus and support IE11 in Windows 10 builds in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to run IE11 in windows 10 builds greater than 10049? 5634 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MacNala, Apr 26, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

IE11 in Windows 10 builds

Is it possible to run IE11 in windows 10 builds greater than 10049?

:)

MacNala, Apr 26, 2015
  2. Eoce Win User

Updated to Win 10 build 10586.3 and IE11 isn't working

Updated Windows 10 to build 10586.3 and my IE11 no longer works, both 64bit and 32bit versions. The browser doesn't load anymore.

I tried running "iexplore -extoff" from the cmd line. Also, uninstalled and re-installed IE11 through "Turn Windows features on or off" in Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features. IE11 still doesn't load.

Any suggestions or will I have to download the iso and re-install Windows 10?

3. Dave-7 Win User
    Windows 10/Internet Explorer 11 - Unable to play Video content

Hi,

Thanks all for your responses.

Answers and updates to posts .....

Use a Wired connection

OS is Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, Build 10586.545

Not confined to any website. I am unable to play any video on IE11

I have tried running IE11 with no add-ons, Resetting IE11, De-installing and Re-installing - This has not changed the problem

I've tried adding &nohtml5=1 to the URL and this does not make any difference

I could play videos OK on IE11 before upgrade to Windows 10, and vdeos play OK on Chrome and Firefox

Dave

Dave-7, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

5. Roger Win User
    If you don't have an icon for IE11, look in Program Files, open it, and pin to the task bar*Cool

Roger, Apr 26, 2015
  6. otisdog Win User
    It's in the Windows Accessories folder in the apps menu. You can pin it to your taskbar and/or start menu.
    Jim

otisdog, Apr 26, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Click Start, type internet exp and it will be at the top. Right click on it and Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu.

Ztruker, Apr 27, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Yes..

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE11 in Windows 10 builds - Similar Threads - IE11 builds

2. IE11 (Edge) came pre-installed on my W10 and I can't either update it or get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IE11 (Edge) came pre-installed on my W10 and I can't either update it or get rid of it...: I've tried most popular methods like disabling the feature itself, and also tried powershell commands and cmd but it gives me an "access denied" message because it's write protected. submitted by /u/Mohamad_Elbanna [link] [comments]...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  5. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...: Are there any policy settings in the IE11 group policy template that would still apply even though IE11 is retired? For example, Intranet Site settings? Do those get applied to Edge Chromium?...
  7. New Laptop, fresh Win 10 Pro build. IE11 takes 10 minutes to load up first page, then its...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop, fresh Win 10 Pro build. IE11 takes 10 minutes to load up first page, then its...: Anyone know what could cause this? I normally would use Google or Firefox but this is a work laptop that has some programs that requires IE. So anytime I need to load one of those programs I am stuck waiting at a screen for it to load the page for 10 minutes. Other browsers,...
  8. ie11 user agent string in build 10240

in Browsers and Email
    ie11 user agent string in build 10240: Is it just me, or I just try whatsmyuseragent.com on the IE11 in build 10240 and it's giving me the Edge user agent string???? 8891
  9. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  10. Using EDGE in IE11 on build 10041

in Browsers and Email
    Using EDGE in IE11 on build 10041: To enable the new engine, just type “about:flags” in IE11’s address bar, select “Enabled” under “Enable Experimental Web Platform Features,” and restart the browser. Enabling the "Custom User Agent" option will trick sites that nerf IE specifically into using the Spartan Edge...