Windows 10: IE11 Problem...

Discus and support IE11 Problem... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; OK, here's a strange one: Upgrade my wife's machine from 7 to 10. Upgrade seems to go perfectly. Enable Administrator account (because we ALL log in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jeff Stewart, Aug 29, 2015.

1. IE11 Problem...

OK, here's a strange one:

Upgrade my wife's machine from 7 to 10. Upgrade seems to go perfectly. Enable Administrator account (because we ALL log in as administrator around here, it's just easier) and all her settings, etc. are there...

...EXCEPT, when I run IE11, the pages don't appear. If I add a site to the compatibility list, it works normally, but otherwise it just doesn't display.

If I run IE11 in other accounts, it works fine, so something loading or some setting in the Administrator account is keeping things from working correctly. I've tried removing things from the startup. I've upgraded 3 other machines here and haven't had this problem. I rolled back to 7 and uninstalled add-ins, etc. and upgraded again, reset the IE11 settings, etc, and it's still doing it.

Any ideas?

:)

Jeff Stewart, Aug 29, 2015

2. where is tools bar internet explorer 11

Ask an IE11 question and you get an IE11 answer. Problem is, you're using Edge, not IE11. Edge does not have a Tools bar.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 29, 2015
  3. John F. Win User
    Problems with KB3203621

Since my IE11 has been updated automatically with KB3203621, I have been having problems with IE11 - such as problems in logging on to sites and all the IE11 tabs I have opened not working, so I have to re-start IE11 - these are problems other people are
    having here, as reading the other comments on this site.

Hence does anybody know when these problems will be sorted out?

John F., Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

IE11 Problem...

1. IE11 Problem... - Similar Threads - IE11 Problem

2. IE11 (Edge) came pre-installed on my W10 and I can't either update it or get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IE11 (Edge) came pre-installed on my W10 and I can't either update it or get rid of it...: I've tried most popular methods like disabling the feature itself, and also tried powershell commands and cmd but it gives me an "access denied" message because it's write protected. submitted by /u/Mohamad_Elbanna [link] [comments]...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  5. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...: Are there any policy settings in the IE11 group policy template that would still apply even though IE11 is retired? For example, Intranet Site settings? Do those get applied to Edge Chromium?...
  7. Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do the IE11 group policy settings inetres.admx apply at all any more in Windows 11 now that...: Are there any policy settings in the IE11 group policy template that would still apply even though IE11 is retired? For example, Intranet Site settings? Do those get applied to Edge Chromium?...
  8. Problem regarding the upcoming axing of IE11 next year

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem regarding the upcoming axing of IE11 next year: Hi there,I work for an software company and our main program uses Internet Explorer as it's operation management main screen to click on the buttons to get you to the modules, hence, its web base.Next year, IE11 will be disabled in Windows 10. Microsoft said that it won't be...
  9. Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working: Hi there. On W8.1 Enterprise X-64 (Host machine) with latest updates applied I'm getting IE 11 has stopped working messages whenever I click a Link in members posts. Chrome though works just fine and so does a VM windows 8.1 where I haven't applied the latest update. It...
  10. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...