Windows 10: IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local)

Discus and support IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there builds 10159 /10162 IE11 gives Restarting messages after displaying two windows (or a few). Only happens with me when I'm logged on with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local)

Hi there

builds 10159 /10162 IE11 gives Restarting messages after displaying two windows (or a few).

Only happens with me when I'm logged on with an MS account. Doesn't happen when using a LOCAL account (on the SAME machine) so it's definitely something to do with the MS account.

Switching to EDGE is not an option for me --I NEED Localhost type YRL's.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 2, 2015
  2. BrunoLM Win User

Action Center, Start Menu, and Cortana won't respond

Well, I also changed the account to login in the local machine rather than MS account. But it only had any effect after I restarted my machine and installed the updates...

Try changing the login type to your local machine account then change back, then restart your computer... Might work

BrunoLM, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Edge closes when you open any 'where to next' tab

So upgraded 3 PC's to Win 10 - one from Win7 local account still using local account on Win10 (Edge fine), one upgraded from Win 8.1 using MS Account sign-in before and after (Edge fine), and one from a win7 local account to win10 and the changed from local
    to MS Account sign-in - here Edge was fine after the upgrade using local account, but as soon as I switched to using MS Account Edge now displays the following behaviour:

As soon as you open any tab using the Win10 Edge default 'where to next' tab it opens and then immediately closes. If you force it to link to a certain site (eg: via a shortcut to another internet address) it is fine, but then a soon as you add a tab (which
    means a new 'where to next'' tab) it closes.

IE11 is all fine

JeremyBruceZC, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Chrisp Win User

Had same problem, seems like unchecking "allow web content" in AMD catalyst control center solved it for me.. will post back should problem reoccur.

Chrisp, Jul 7, 2015
  5. Chrisp Win User
    Spoke way too soon.. and now start "the area with the live tiles" is starting to act up too.. disappears after 1-2 seconds
    something is just not right when logged on to ms account at all.. *Huh

Chrisp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local) - Similar Threads - IE11 restarting message

2. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  3. Can not change MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  4. Can not change MS account to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  5. MS Account Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Account Error Message: I keep getting a message that says "MS accounts require attention." When I click on it, I get another message that says "this service is not available at this time." How do I escape this nightmare?...
  6. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  7. local account unable to switch to MS account

local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  8. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  9. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  10. IE11 crashes and restarts on MS account --OK on Local account

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 crashes and restarts on MS account --OK on Local account: Hi there IE11 re-starts itself every so often after a few web pages -- only happens on MS account. It's FINE on a LOCAL account !!!!. You also see this Forum error sometimes (I've posted in the Forum bugs too). Cheers jimbo 7720