Windows 10: IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

Discus and support IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So...... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dacrone, Aug 29, 2016.

1. dacrone Win User

IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance.

:)

dacrone, Aug 29, 2016

2. IE11 v Edge

Running Windows 10 TH1 Pro 10240 having upgraded from Windows 7 through all preview releases.

Currently cannot update via IE11 as wuapp.exe missing (?) but can via Edge. Question is............when Windows 10 is released will IE11 will be replaced by Microsoft Edge ?

My installed IE11 is from Windows 7 days so rather than concern myself about non functioning updates, I could just remove IE11 via Programs and Features and continue to use the new browser.

majestic100, Aug 29, 2016
  3. LinasAToy Win User
    Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

I uninstalled Malwarebytes but still IE11 is terrible I allays get Stop long running script and recover web page

and pages just time out!

it started effecting EDGE but I just got windows 10 creative update and EDGE seems fine and IE11 is better but still I slow page loads

it seems Microsoft is really pushing for users to use EDGE

there is a open in EDGE next to open new tab rite in IE11

LinasAToy, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

1. IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible? - Similar Threads - IE11 Tab Preview

2. Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.: My problem is that the Edge thumbnail preview that displays when hovering over the icon on the taskbar only shows the active tab in each window, instead of all tabs. This started after I had an issue were Edge opened off screen (running multiple displays). I had to use...
  3. Looking for extension that function the same as "Close Similar Tabs"

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for extension that function the same as "Close Similar Tabs": Attachment 191073 This extension is out of date. So I can't add to Chrome anymore! I've found this extension is very useful. Thank You 111551
  4. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  5. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  6. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  7. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...
  8. Manage Tabs in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Manage Tabs in Edge: Just finished my upgrade and so far I'm pretty happy. One thing that bugs me, though, is when a website hijacks the browser, pops up a new window (instead of a tab), strips controls and address information and the like. I've searched online, but am coming up empty on...
  9. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: This doesn't work in Edge 40 (CU). I would really like to turn off the entire 'down arrow tab preview' guff. I hit it by accident when going for the new tab sometimes. TIA. 59159
  10. Tab preview coming to Edge browser on Windows 10 Insider Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Tab preview coming to Edge browser on Windows 10 Insider Preview: During the Microsoft Ignite keynote at New Zealand on September 1st, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore accidentally revealed an upcoming feature for the Edge browser — tab previews! During the event Joe was showcasing how Cortana can make your searches easier on the Edge browser when...