Windows 10: IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

Discus and support IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So...... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dacrone, Aug 29, 2016.

1. dacrone Win User

IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance.

:)

dacrone, Aug 29, 2016

2. IE11 v Edge

Running Windows 10 TH1 Pro 10240 having upgraded from Windows 7 through all preview releases.

Currently cannot update via IE11 as wuapp.exe missing (?) but can via Edge. Question is............when Windows 10 is released will IE11 will be replaced by Microsoft Edge ?

My installed IE11 is from Windows 7 days so rather than concern myself about non functioning updates, I could just remove IE11 via Programs and Features and continue to use the new browser.

majestic100, Aug 29, 2016
  3. LinasAToy Win User
    Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

I uninstalled Malwarebytes but still IE11 is terrible I allays get Stop long running script and recover web page

and pages just time out!

it started effecting EDGE but I just got windows 10 creative update and EDGE seems fine and IE11 is better but still I slow page loads

it seems Microsoft is really pushing for users to use EDGE

there is a open in EDGE next to open new tab rite in IE11

LinasAToy, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

1. IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible? - Similar Threads - IE11 Tab Preview

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  6. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  7. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  8. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  9. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  10. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...