Windows 10: IE7 Favorites

Discus and support IE7 Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an old PC running Windows XP and IE7. I am going to purchase a new PC with Windows 10 and need to know how to transfer my favorites to the new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reelme, Dec 30, 2016.

1. reelme Win User

IE7 Favorites

I have an old PC running Windows XP and IE7. I am going to purchase a new PC with Windows 10 and need to know how to transfer my favorites to the new PC. I assume the new PC will be running Edge initially. Thanks for any help.

:)

reelme, Dec 30, 2016

2. Lost browser folders and favorite websites in Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

Please be informed that if you have a backup of your favorites, you may recover it.

In future, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 you may import your favorite.

How to import and export the Internet Explorer Favorites folder to a 32-bit version of Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/211089

IE7 to IE8 - Lost my Favorites after downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8

IE7 to IE8 - Lost my Favorites after downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8

(Applies to Internet Explorer 11 as well)

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

IE7 Favorites

Go to C:\Users\You User Name\Favorites copy them to another drive/back them up, then paste them in your new PC folder.

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    You can then import them

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  6. reelme Win User
    Great, I found them where you suggested. Is that screenshot you show Microsoft Edge?

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    IE11
    For Edge:

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  8. reelme Win User

IE7 Favorites

Okay, and it's still straight forward to import into Edge like you showed for IE11.

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Yep, if you do IE first then you can import into Edge.
    To find IE11 just use search(either Cortana or the Windows key and start typing Internet Explorer)

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  10. reelme Win User
    Okay, thank you very much.

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, on a side note, the nice thing with Windows 10, you have the option in settings to sync Edge and IE so when you ever do a clean install or set up a second Windows 10 PC, it will automatically sync with your Windows account and set IE, Edge, and most of your system settings, up, so you won't have to do all that tedious stuff again.
    The option started on Windows 8.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE7 Favorites

1. IE7 Favorites - Similar Threads - IE7 Favorites

2. I have an address bar and a favorites bar, but no toolbars, nothing. I've looked in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have an address bar and a favorites bar, but no toolbars, nothing. I've looked in...: I lost everything, what is going on? Can you show me how to go back? The toolbar on the bottom I have most displaying but when I touch an icon, the icon disappears and no application. Is there a way to look at the path of my icons from the start menu? PLEASE HELP...this...
  3. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  4. increasing favorites section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    increasing favorites section: How do I increase the space allocated to "favorites" and/or decrease the space allocated to "recents"? It only ever shows 2 at a time under favorites, even though I have more favorites than that. I would also really like to not have "pics" like .jpeg even show up in recents,...
  5. increasing favorites section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    increasing favorites section: How do I increase the space allocated to "favorites" and/or decrease the space allocated to "recents"? It only ever shows 2 at a time under favorites, even though I have more favorites than that. I would also really like to not have "pics" like .jpeg even show up in recents,...
  6. Why does the favorites tab max out at 20 files? Why does this also affect how many can be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the favorites tab max out at 20 files? Why does this also affect how many can be...: I was recently doing some work and noticed that I could no longer favorite files but it maxes out at 20 I was working with a lot of files that I wanted quick access to. Also, I noticed that when I have 20 files in my favorites, I can't have any in my quick access. If I remove...
  7. Why does the favorites tab max out at 20 files? Why does this also affect how many can be...

Why does the favorites tab max out at 20 files? Why does this also affect how many can be...: I was recently doing some work and noticed that I could no longer favorite files but it maxes out at 20 I was working with a lot of files that I wanted quick access to. Also, I noticed that when I have 20 files in my favorites, I can't have any in my quick access. If I remove...
  8. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  9. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  10. Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.

Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.: I cant pin a folder to favorites like the previous office version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-or-favorite-a-folder-as-the-pin-to-start/5bd4c187-0461-4bf0-b5aa-f8cc72a6aa84