Windows 10: IE7 Favorites

Discus and support IE7 Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an old PC running Windows XP and IE7. I am going to purchase a new PC with Windows 10 and need to know how to transfer my favorites to the new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reelme, Dec 30, 2016.

1. reelme Win User

IE7 Favorites

I have an old PC running Windows XP and IE7. I am going to purchase a new PC with Windows 10 and need to know how to transfer my favorites to the new PC. I assume the new PC will be running Edge initially. Thanks for any help.

:)

reelme, Dec 30, 2016

2. Lost browser folders and favorite websites in Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

Please be informed that if you have a backup of your favorites, you may recover it.

In future, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 you may import your favorite.

How to import and export the Internet Explorer Favorites folder to a 32-bit version of Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/211089

IE7 to IE8 - Lost my Favorites after downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8

IE7 to IE8 - Lost my Favorites after downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8

(Applies to Internet Explorer 11 as well)

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

IE7 Favorites

Go to C:\Users\You User Name\Favorites copy them to another drive/back them up, then paste them in your new PC folder.

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    You can then import them

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  6. reelme Win User
    Great, I found them where you suggested. Is that screenshot you show Microsoft Edge?

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    IE11
    For Edge:

IE7 Favorites [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  8. reelme Win User

IE7 Favorites

Okay, and it's still straight forward to import into Edge like you showed for IE11.

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Yep, if you do IE first then you can import into Edge.
    To find IE11 just use search(either Cortana or the Windows key and start typing Internet Explorer)

Cliff S, Dec 30, 2016
  10. reelme Win User
    Okay, thank you very much.

reelme, Dec 30, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, on a side note, the nice thing with Windows 10, you have the option in settings to sync Edge and IE so when you ever do a clean install or set up a second Windows 10 PC, it will automatically sync with your Windows account and set IE, Edge, and most of your system settings, up, so you won't have to do all that tedious stuff again.
    The option started on Windows 8.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE7 Favorites

1. IE7 Favorites - Similar Threads - IE7 Favorites

2. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388
  3. How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side?: How can I move the favorites sidebar from the right side of the screen to left side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-the-favorites-sidebar-from-the/684ae03d-3fb0-47c7-bb72-180aa86a63ac
  4. The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/newecreator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dsnkfz/the_new_version_of_edge_betadevcan_has_problems/
  5. Why doesn't Explorer have favorites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't Explorer have favorites?: Maybe just folders for links in quick access? submitted by /u/User_O7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d2w5yq/why_doesnt_explorer_have_favorites/
  6. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  7. "This file type can't be added to favorites" (for a .png image file) Windows 10 Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This file type can't be added to favorites" (for a .png image file) Windows 10 Photos App: I am trying to add .png image files to my favorites in the Windows 10 Photos App. I am able to click the heart and add .jpg image files to my favorites without problems. But when I try to click the heart to add one of the many .png image files to my favorites - from the...
  8. How to fix Edge not syncing favorites (at least one way)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Edge not syncing favorites (at least one way): My issue was that other items like my wallpaper would sync, but my Edge favorites would not. I hope this helps someone... Open Windows Settings Choose Apps In the "Search this list" box, type Edge or scroll down the list to find Microsoft Edge Click on the Microsoft Edge...
  9. should i relocate ie favorites, temp ie internet csch tto a another

in Browsers and Email
    should i relocate ie favorites, temp ie internet csch tto a another: does anybody relocate their ie favorites to another drive and and their temporary internet files in windows 10 to another drive. have a one terrybyte ssd for my windows and don't want to use exrtra space up. my 2nd hd is 3 terrybytes. Is it worth doing this 142141
  10. How to copy my Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    How to copy my Favorites: How to copy my Favorites from Microsoft Edge? I transported my favorites from Internet Exporter to Favorites in Microsoft Edge so I want to copy them so I can put them into me other computer. 142013