Windows 10: If computer is idle for an hour or so, it will not accept inputs

Discus and support If computer is idle for an hour or so, it will not accept inputs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I leave my Win 10 idle for an hour or so, it will stop all inputs, so I cannot do anything with it via my mouse or keyboard. I have tried plugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by voltan, Sep 11, 2016.

1. voltan Win User

If computer is idle for an hour or so, it will not accept inputs

When I leave my Win 10 idle for an hour or so, it will stop all inputs, so I cannot do anything with it via my mouse or keyboard. I have tried plugging in a second keyboard, but still cannot access it. I have tried changing all of the settings to never shutdown or stop anything. This doesn't work. The problem exists when I am using a screen saver (slideshow) and when I am not using a screen saver. This problem appeared within the past two weeks. Everything worked before that.

I have tried changing various settings to find ones that work, but the problem is insensitive to the setting choices.

When the inputs stop, the only way I can regain access to my computer is to use the reset button.

Suggestions?

:)

voltan, Sep 11, 2016
  2. KH2000 Win User

Update KB3081424 for Windows 10

The update broke the Mail program. It will not accept any inputs and sit idle. Uninstalled the KB3081424 and the program works again.

KH2000, Sep 11, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Nokia 920 battery drain windows 10

I have a 920 on the insider and battery usage is acceptable, about 2% per hour when idle so not all are the same.

The link started over three years ago.

No one can say for sure if this will be the same with Win10

garym123, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

If computer is idle for an hour or so, it will not accept inputs

1. If computer is idle for an hour or so, it will not accept inputs - Similar Threads - computer idle hour

2. Computer crashes every 2 hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes every 2 hours or so: So I recently upgraded the internals of my computer from a i5-4690k to a i3-12100k as well as a bunch of other upgrades including 3060 ti new 660b mobo and a ram upgrade to 32 gb, and ever since, I have been coming across an issue where my computer blue screens and restarts...
  3. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  4. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  5. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  7. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  8. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  10. After idle for several hours, computer seems frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After idle for several hours, computer seems frozen: Hello,everyone, I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Professional system (custom built) to Windows 10 Professional. The upgrade went beautifully - almost too easy. Things were going great until yesterday (11/18/17). When I went to my home office to work, the screen was black as...