Windows 10: If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10

Discus and support If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if everything running fine with my software and hardware right now with windows 8.1 i really shouldn't have any problem with windows 10 correct? I mean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mn072065, Jul 27, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10

if everything running fine with my software and hardware right now with windows 8.1 i really shouldn't have any problem with windows 10 correct? I mean it tells me my computer is compatible with windows 10 when i do the program compatibility, or because of stories i hear with Nvida drivers and others saying wait, just wondering if i should be any worried, i'm hyped to do a fresh install when it comes out, haven't tested it prior, just wondering.

:)

mn072065, Jul 27, 2015
  2. bozed Win User

WHY MUST WE ALL DO WHAT MICROSOFT DOES NOT DO PROPERLY?????

If Windows Update does not work re WIN10 Free Upgrade .... it should be FIXED BY MICROSOFT! Why do we all have to become computer people and do the work for the company??? I really don't understand at all this logic?!!! Logic??? What logic?? this is not
    logical at all!!!! It's NONSENSE!!!

bozed, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Ruston Win User
    If upgraded to windows 10 will everything on my pc be erased?

Hi Don,

No, everything will not be erased. The Upgrade to Windows 10 allows for an "in place" upgrade which keeps your apps and data.

Thanks,

Ruston, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Almost surely true. No guarantee but I'd be pretty confident. Has certainly been the case with my Toshiba and Dell laptops. After upgrade to 10 everything still worked as it did under 8.1.

Even so, it would be a very good idea to do an image backup of your 8.1 installation to an external hard drive using Macrium Reflect Free or similar. That gives you a 100% method of recovery if something goes wrong.

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  5. mn072065 Win User
    I do a daily image backup with Macrium Reflect Free, i had switched from Acronis after image wasn't good when i needed it, but thanks alot. I just saw a post that nvidia updated drivers for windows 10, so far everything looking good.

mn072065, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Heh, go tell that to Samsung. I have a brand new Samsung 850Pro 256GB SSD that I cannot use as the software does not recognize Windows 10. There will be PLENTY of other issues cropping up (like NVidia drivers issues) so don't get complacent!

John Pombrio, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Molyy Win User
    I have been using easeus backup free, but keep seeing that people are recommending macrium reflect.
    easeus works well to me, but think macrium might work better? so I guess macrium will do no wrong in system backup ,right? I backup the system once a month, and it automatically delete the old images.

Molyy, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

You can use the 850 Pro with Windows 10. You just can't use Rapid mode with it. I have an 850 Evo that works just fine (again, no rapid mode, but it works perfectly).

Mystere, Jul 27, 2015
  9. mn072065 Win User
    I have the SAMSUNG SSD PM810 2.5" 256GB, so i might have a problem if your having a problem with the 850 Pro, but i need to look into this rapid mode i never heard of, or perhaps mine doesn't have it, thanks

mn072065, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Lomai Win User
    Same here

If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Lomai, Jul 27, 2015
  11. Maestro Win User
    It would seem certain games certainly aren't working atm... just to name a few Company of Heroes 2, Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City

Maestro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. If Everything works with 8.1 Logically all will work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Everything works Logically

2. Everything not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything not working: -Before the Issue-About 2 hours ago, I had to restart my computer so I could disable an 3rd party anti-virus “Norton” so I could finish installing a game, the game itself is not a virus and Norton has worked fine previous amounts of times.-Beginning of problem-I restarted my...
  3. Everything not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything not working: -Before the Issue-About 2 hours ago, I had to restart my computer so I could disable an 3rd party anti-virus “Norton” so I could finish installing a game, the game itself is not a virus and Norton has worked fine previous amounts of times.-Beginning of problem-I restarted my...
  4. Everything not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 8 update to windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 update to windows 10 not working: I'm trying to update my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I'm getting an error message at the end of the setup. I have a valid product key, but when I go trough the update it never asks for it....
  6. Windows 8 update to windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 update to windows 10 not working: I'm trying to update my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I'm getting an error message at the end of the setup. I have a valid product key, but when I go trough the update it never asks for it....
  7. Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything: Hi everyone,I bought my laptop a few months ago and my camera was working fine. Then today I was supposed to have a video call with a friend and my camera didn't work, this is what it looks like now. I have literally NO IDEA what is causing this. I looked for updates, it...
  8. Windows 10 everything not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 everything not working: Windows 10 is screwing up my com. So many of the solution out there doesn't work. 1. the search box doesn't open. I got it to work because I read that it's due to bingsearch. LOL 2. The setting doesn't want to open up. This is still intermittently happening. 3. Then...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Works 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Works 8: I have just purchased a computer with Windows 10. I have Microsoft Works 8, and I want to use it on this computer. But the program tells me I don't have 64bit something or other. So can't use it. What do I do. I really like this Works 8. Can I get a Works 10 to go with the...