Windows 10: If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me?

Discus and support If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install the Windows 10, but I'm afraid that once its finished that its going to force me to upgrade. Something which I don't want to happen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheBlackRussian, Oct 12, 2015.

1. If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me?

I want to install the Windows 10, but I'm afraid that once its finished that its going to force me to upgrade. Something which I don't want to happen.

:)

TheBlackRussian, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

if i upgrade to windows 10 on my phone, will it still be compatible with my computer running on windows 8?

It should do with Windows 8 because it does here. However, Windows 10 Mobile has not changed much since November 2015 (10.0.10586.xxxxx) in that regard. Therefore, if you face the same issue again:

• On your computer, do you have the Windows Media Player installed? That is required for the MTP driver.
    • On your computer, do you have the Recovery Tool installed? That installs the remaining drivers.
    • Windows » Control Panel » (Hardware and Sound ») Device Manager » USB » (do not open but just highlight) your phone » Menu » Action » Update Driver Software.
    • After removing the microSD from your phone, is your computer able to connect?
    If that did not help, please, select ‘Me Too’ in that thread…

Then you are subscribed to updates automatically. When anything changes, you get notified by E-mail. Furthermore, only one thread must be updated.

Abi99 (2), Oct 12, 2015
  3. HazeyBoo Win User
    if i upgrade to windows 10 on my phone, will it still be compatible with my computer running on windows 8?

My computer runs On windows 8, and I tried to upgrade to 10, but nothing was working properly after that and it was really frustrating so I went back to windows 8, I'm hoping the windows 10 phone upgrade wont be as bad, but I worry it wont be compatible
    with my windows 8 computer. I have a Nokia Lumia 640, it runs on Lumia Denim so from what I understand I'll eventually be able to upgrade, but I don't want to do it if it wont work with my computer anymore, or if its as buggy as it was on my laptop

HazeyBoo, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me?

What do you mean by "force me to upgrade"? Do you mean "force me to pay for the upgrade"?

If you have a genuine activated copy of Windows 7 (may need to be SP1), you are entitiled to a free upgrade to WIN 10.

When you say "install the Windows 10", how were you planning to install it? You have to do the free upgrade to a qualifying system first and have it activated before doing an actual "clean install" of Windows 10 (unless you use the gatherosstate.exe method for which Brink has a tutorial here).

Word Man, Oct 12, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you make a second partition (or hard drive), boot from the Windows 10 USB, select custom install and point it to the new partition, it will not force you to upgrade your Windows 7.

But it will force you to enter a purchased product key to activate.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me?

1. If I install Windows 10 update on Windows 7, will it upgrade me? - Similar Threads - install update upgrade

2. syskey and install / upgrade of windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    syskey and install / upgrade of windows 7 to 10: I m trying to upgrade my operating system and am having difficulty in removing the syskey password on my machine to allow this. Is there a way to circumvent this?...
  3. Upgrade download and install from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Upgrade download and install from Windows 7 to Windows 10.: I am not able to upgrade download and install from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I got message " Ox8007001f-Ox20006. I tried after disabling anti virus but did not succeed. May I seek assistance....
  4. Help me with Windows 10 installation on my Windows 7

Help me with Windows 10 installation on my Windows 7: Hi! I have a problem with installing Windows 10 on my existing Windows 7 on my Samsung laptop. I have enough memory but receive an error that my CPU NX is not supported. I tried to follow some useful tips from the internet on how to enable this NX, and PAE and SSE2 but I...
  5. Upgrade Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade Windows 7 to 10: My hard drive is partitioned. How will that effect the upgrade process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-to-10/7f116cfd-4c72-46b3-8885-9bc3378df165"
  6. Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?: I have an old laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10, but the hdd is also pretty much dead so I want to replace that. Can I use the existing windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10 on a new storage drive? And how do I do that? Window...
  7. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded and ever since my pc is painfully slow in some apps. Worst is in Excell where copy and paste is awful. I have looked at some advice on this and find nothing that works so far. Rob...
  8. windows 7 to 10 upgrade

windows 7 to 10 upgrade: Hello,, Is there any way or program helps me to upgrade windows 7 to 10 online by steps.. my internet is weak and I cant download the upgrade without intrept,, I want to download a part then stop then resume next day from where I stopped I hope you to help me.. my...
  9. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: A friend of mine has finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 10, however he has a very limited download limit and I was wondering if there is a way I could download the upgrade and create a bootable DVD for him to carry out the upgrade? Any help appreciated...
  10. I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro: No problems only question is do I have to drop out of the Insiders Program? I made a 500MB un-allocated space before Win 7 , didn't know if I had to but since it was there in 10 I did. 8771