Windows 10: If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem

Discus and support If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Herein lies the greatest problem for Microsoft.... The have totally redesigned Windows 10 to enhance the Metro Apps, if the apps are really of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem

Herein lies the greatest problem for Microsoft....

The have totally redesigned Windows 10 to enhance the Metro Apps, if the apps are really of sub-quality then it renders at least half of Windows 10 functionality as useless, why devote so much time and effort to garbage apps.

and while I agree that Apple and Android have many useless apps, the difference is that sites you may frequent, banks, stores, etc. have their own apps with links directly to those stores for easy install, unfortunately, this has been a dead end street for Microsoft.

Trust_No1, Feb 17, 2015

2. What. . . I think I said it as clear as I could. No one wants the store or the apps. Those that did already have them in their Apple walled garden or Googles chocolate land. Windows users are plain not interested, those that were bought the devices already and it is a passing fad as sales are declining.

Indianatone, Feb 17, 2015
  3. echrada Win User
    Passing fad? Hmm that must be why Microsoft is making billions out of their devices alone. Wake up - smell the coffee!

echrada, Feb 17, 2015
  4. If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem

I am awake and smelt the Microsoft Coffee and prefer either Folgers or Nescafe Gold Blend. It is a drip in the bucket what M$ is selling. They are giving the OS away as no one would have bought it. Like I said the ship has sailed and the apps market is already sown up. The small tablets made by the OEM hare only viable when Windows is free. Now if you are talking laptop and desktop computers fine, there may be a limited market for apps. I have Windows 10 TP and it gets worse and worse every release so by the time it comes out to market I may not be interested to install it. Is it really much better than 8.1 with Classic Shell? Windows Phone has no market share in the USA. Its already Apple or Android with M$ running way back in not worth writing software for 3rd position.
    Oh and please do not get me wrong, I am passionate about computers. I enjoying using them, building and upgrading them and have 5 machines on at the moment around me. I have spent thousands on the machines and software over the last 20 years most of that going to Microsoft for OS, Office and Map Point programs.

Indianatone, Feb 17, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    What. . . I think I said it as clear as I could. No one wants the store or the apps. Those that did already have them in their Apple walled garden or Googles chocolate land. Windows users are plain not interested, those that were bought the devices already and it is a passing fad as sales are declining. Please speak only for yourself. I find it funny that there are folks out there who just feel that they need to speak for me. . .don't. . .*Smile

6. Trust_No1 Win User
    What. . . I think I said it as clear as I could. No one wants the store or the apps. Those that did already have them in their Apple walled garden or Googles chocolate land. Windows users are plain not interested, those that were bought the devices already and it is a passing fad as sales are declining. Please speak only for yourself. I find it funny that there are folks out there who just feel that they need to speak for me. . .don't. . .*Smile I think I would have to side with Indianatone (in most parts) on this.

Here again is another obstacle that Microsoft has produced for itself. Currently, people have to develop apps for windows 8, 8.1 and now Windows 10, all with different stores. In addition (if not mistaken) Microsoft wants developers to make sure the new apps are portable to the Windows Phone, desktop and tablets. That is a lot of burden to place on developers.

I just can't see a lot of developers ready to jump on that band wagon, unless they are garbage app producers whose apps really don't do anything. IMHO

Trust_No1, Feb 17, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    @ Trust_No1. From the Apps I have seen in the store your last statement may very well be true.

Winuser, Feb 17, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

What. . . I think I said it as clear as I could. No one wants the store or the apps. Those that did already have them in their Apple walled garden or Googles chocolate land. Windows users are plain not interested, those that were bought the devices already and it is a passing fad as sales are declining. Please speak only for yourself. I find it funny that there are folks out there who just feel that they need to speak for me. . .don't. . .*Smile I think I would have to side with Indianatone (in most parts) on this.

Here again is another obstacle that Microsoft has produced for itself. Currently, people have to develop apps for windows 8, 8.1 and now Windows 10, all with different stores. In addition (if not mistaken) Microsoft wants developers to make sure the new apps are portable to the Windows Phone, desktop and tablets. That is a lot of burden to place on developers.

I just can't see a lot of developers ready to jump on that band wagon, unless they are garbage app producers whose apps really don't do anything. IMHO Also, I don't want you to speak for me either, as I am sure you feel the same way. . .*Smile

9. Trust_No1 Win User

I just can't see a lot of developers ready to jump on that band wagon, unless they are garbage app producers whose apps really don't do anything. IMHO Also, I don't want you to speak for me either, as I am sure you feel the same way. . .*Smile Wasn't trying to speak for you, just to the content of the posts, you just got caught in the comment. Personally I try not to take to much of offense to forum comments. *Smile

Trust_No1, Feb 19, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    I think the point Lee is making, which you say you agree with, is that "nobody" wants store apps. That is patently untrue, as there are many store apps that people use on a regular basis. And I (and I assume Lee, but don't want to speak for them) Find a lot of use in them.

No, i'm not replacing every app with a store app, but there are certain apps that work great.

Mystere, Feb 19, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I have to totally agree. It's silly to make sweeping statements and include words like "nobody" and "everybody". I speak for what I think and I use words like me and I. Not we and/or everybody. When I post I can never assume what others think and I take that fact into consideration.

As for the store, yes there are good apps that I do use and there are bad ones that I avoid.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I don't see anything wrong with using the word we. To me the word we just means more than one and not everyone.

Winuser, Feb 19, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

But the problem is who is part of this "we". I might not be and I would not want to be included in that generalization. It's better to use I and not to use we. It's your opinion and stick to that. Don't assume who might also agree with you.

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  14. Did nobody read what I typed?
    I was giving my thoughts. Some on here are mighty picky but jump to conclusions. I did not say everyone and I only speak (or type) for myself. These are my views and you can agree or disagree. I am just getting a healthy discussion but I repeat I speak for myself and no one else (except my cat Shadow who may be on my lap and will agree to anything whilst keeping warm).

Indianatone, Feb 20, 2015
  15. Well, just look at the state of how Windows Phone is compared to how they treat ios or android. Those two platforms get better app updates and functionality than the Windows counterparts. It's not good when the whole community is feeling like Microsoft is treating their smartphone platform as a third class citizen while they claim otherwise and prove it by putting all their eggs in the next OS release... It's been like this for years, Windows Phone 7 came out, wait for 7.5, then wait for 8, then wait for 8.1, then wait for 10. It's just surprising considering how android went from garbage to global domination (but powered mostly by the crappy 2.2.3 version) in a matter of years with the latest version being a whole night and day difference; google is putting all their efforts into android and everyone can tell. Microsoft however, it's taken them years just to bring basic features to the platform.

They need to start putting their efforts into Windows Phone, for real this time. If they don't, developers don't, then consumers don't.

Coke Robot, Feb 21, 2015
Thema:

1. If This Is How MSFT Improves App Quality, Windows 10 Has a Big Problem - Similar Threads - MSFT Improves App

2. noticeable video quality improvement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    noticeable video quality improvement?: have there been any upgrades in terms of video playback recently? i got a 4k tv a few weeks back and ever since i screen mirrored the 2 it seems like the quality of video playback on my windows 10 laptop has improved drastically. did it activate some type of enhancement...
  3. My WIFI connection has big problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My WIFI connection has big problem: Recently, my laptop connection has had a big problem. After starting it, I cannot use WiFi. In the following image the wifi setting disappears.However, in hardware and connection properties, I saw it property as below:I had tried to reset the network in Settings. It works but...
  4. Big problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big problem with windows 10: My PC don't start correctly and it gives me the error Critical Process Died. It can't fix itself, but it gives me this information: E:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... And I can't restore the system because it says "you need to enable system security in this...
  5. A big problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A big problem in Windows 10: Sir, Open windows 10 and windows show black screen and windows not open we try to go system recovery mode but only show black screen and i am not go to system recovery mode i try to backup from windows iso file but we try to and after booting setting only show black...
  6. Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism: Driver installation through Windows Update has caused significant issues in the past. For example, a number of driver flaws interfered with the installation of major feature updates in 2019 and old drivers were offered even though newer versions were installed already. In...
  7. Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates: From time to time, we’ve seen reports of Windows Update installing device drivers that are not compatible with the new versions of the OS. Windows 10 drivers are often accidentally pushed to devices and incompatible drivers cause various issues including BSOD on some...
  8. Big problems windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Big problems windows 10: Hi Yesterday i wanna start my computer and i wanna log in but all my passwords changed. That problem i solved myself but now that i'm logged in i cant install programs or delete programs. My pc is so slow now and i did a virus scan but nothing found! I wanna...
  9. MSFT teases 'big things' for Windows at IFA conference

in Windows 10 News
    MSFT teases 'big things' for Windows at IFA conference: Microsoft teases 'big things' for Windows at IFA conference this week Microsoft is teasing "big things" for Windows at this week's IFA conference in Berlin, though what the company could reveal remains a mystery. In a tweet from the official Windows account, Microsoft...
  10. Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way

in Windows 10 News
    Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way: If 2016 wasn't tumultuous enough for you - the world's largest storage company sold itself to Dell - you ain't seen nothin' yet. The pace of change in the storage industry is accelerating - and that's good for us. The pace of storage change continues to accelerate, and its...