Windows 10: IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops

Discus and support IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today at IFA, ASUS announced the new ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset, unveiled the brand-new Republic of Gamers (ROG) Chimera gaming laptop and ROG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops

Source: IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops with Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 29, 2017

2. Dell Visor -- Mixed Reality Portal Never Showed Up?

We appreciate your response. You are correct, as of the moment, Windows S and N editions do not support Mixed Reality. For more information and future announcements about Mixed Reality, you can frequently visit
    Windows Blogs. We hope you'll continue to enjoy using Mixed reality on your laptop.

We are currently making some actions to make sure that every Microsoft representative is informed about the features and limitations of Mixed Reality.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Aug 29, 2017
  3. WenjieXue Win User
    Mixed Reality headset has no display

I have the Samsung Odyssey VR headset, and am using it with my ASUS gx501 laptop.

When I plug in the headset, the Mixed Reality Portal shows up and, after a while, says it is ready. In the preview on the screen I can see the contents in VR responding to headset motion and controllers, but nothing is displayed on the headset. I can tell
    it is not a black screen, but rather the screen are not turned on.

When I have good luck, rarely, the screen in the headset would work for like several seconds after plugging in the headset, and then the screens suddenly shut down.

The driver for the video card is up to date, and newest windows version installed.

The headset actually works on my HP laptop, although there's no display sometimes, restarting the Mixed Reality Portal will fix the issue. Such approach doesn't work for my Asus.

I wonder if it has something to do with the g-sync and the 120fps screen display, but turning g-sync didn't help.

Find some people have the same issue with this laptop and this headset here: Solved: HMD ODYSSEY mixed reality headset - SCREEN DOES NO... - Samsung Community - 221758

So I guess it is not just my bad luck. Something is incompatible here.

PS:

I plugged my headset into a HDMI 2.0 port and a USB 3.0 Type-A port.

Specs are: i7 7700hq, gtx1080 max-Q, 512 SSD with plenty of empty space, 16G DDR4 RAM

WenjieXue, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops

1. IFA 2017: ASUS announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and new laptops - Similar Threads - IFA 2017 ASUS

2. Mixed reality headset issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality headset issue: I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it into 3.0 port. When I plug it into the 3.0 , I get an error message about connecting my headset...
  3. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset: Today, Samsung is refreshing its Windows Mixed Reality headset with some much-needed improvements. The newly announced HMD Odyssey+ is a successor to Samsung’s popular Windows Mixed Reality. This refreshed model comes with some minor tweaks to improve the virtual reality...
  4. See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10: How to: See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 How to See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact. Just like your...
  5. Announcing Simplygon Cloud; Optimizes Mixed Reality Development

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Simplygon Cloud; Optimizes Mixed Reality Development: Earlier this year, we announced the acquisition of Simplygon, a leader in 3D model optimization based in southern Sweden. As we continue our journey to bring the benefits of mixed reality to everyone, Simplygon is an important accelerant that makes it easier, faster, and...
  6. IFA 2017: Acer announces new gaming desktops, all-in-ones & detachable

in Windows 10 News
    IFA 2017: Acer announces new gaming desktops, all-in-ones & detachable: Today at IFA, Acer announced a series of innovative new devices powered by Windows 10, including additions to its premium Predator gaming line; a new all-in-one desktop PC in its Aspire desktop series; and new detachable devices for working on-the-go with the next generation...
  7. Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality: [img] Today we are excited to announce SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality. We have been working closely with Microsoft to make this happen and believe this is a big step in growing VR as an open platform for developers and consumers. Now players can use any...
  8. IFA 2017: Lenovo announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and laptops

in Windows 10 News
    IFA 2017: Lenovo announces Windows Mixed Reality headset and laptops: Today, Lenovo announced new detachable and convertible 2-in-1 laptops powered by Windows 10, and a new immersive headset built for Windows Mixed Reality: the Lenovo Explorer. [img] The Lenovo Explorer is designed to be a natural extension of your Windows 10 PC,...
  9. Computex 2017: ASUS announces ZenBook and VivoBook laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2017: ASUS announces ZenBook and VivoBook laptops: Today at Computex, ASUS introduced a stunning line-up of thin and light ZenBook and VivoBook laptops powered by Windows 10 built to boost productivity and give you the best-ever computing experience. The new laptop line-up lights up some of the best of Windows 10 — including...
  10. IFA 2017: Dell unveils mixed reality headset, new laptops, and 2-in-1s

in Windows 10 News
    IFA 2017: Dell unveils mixed reality headset, new laptops, and 2-in-1s: Today at IFA, Dell revealed a suite of holiday wish list worthy devices for an immersive and comprehensive computing experience, including the Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset, Inspiron 7000 2-in-1s and laptops, and performance enhancements to the XPS 13. Let’s...