Windows 10: Ignore COA 25 alpha-numeric code

Discus and support Ignore COA 25 alpha-numeric code in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, The pc floats win7 home premium 64 bit. The 3.2GB win10 ISO was downloaded and burned to dvd. Boot to dvd to start upgrade I was asked for the 25... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klong915, Aug 1, 2015.

1. klong915 Win User

Ignore COA 25 alpha-numeric code

Hi,
    The pc floats win7 home premium 64 bit. The 3.2GB win10 ISO was downloaded and burned to dvd. Boot to dvd to start upgrade I was asked for the 25 character product code. I don't have one for win10. The win7 installed is genuine.
    The instructions do not describe this response so I quit install.
    This was on line free upgrade package for win7/8 to win10.
    The ISO did not allow me to choose a partition, by the point I quit. Will I have that choice should I decide to ignore the 25 character code? This PC has dual boot: win7-64/Mint-64.
    win7 is a good platform to work from but it will go away like all those before.
    Has anyone left the 25 char code for later, continued install, and get genuine win10 stamp?
    What is needed to get that?
    thanks,
    Keith

:)

klong915, Aug 1, 2015

2. I need the 25-Character Alpha-numeric Activation Key for my Lumia 625

Pls I need the 25-Character Alpha-numeric Activation Code for my Lumia 625 (Windows 8.1). Send it to Email address: o*******@y****.com

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

OGAJIALHASSAN, Aug 1, 2015
  3. oyoLL9 Win User
    lumia 630 DS prob.

is it just the 7 alpha numeric codes ?

found it, thanks a lot Ignore COA 25 alpha-numeric code :D

oyoLL9, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  5. klong915 Win User
    Hi, ok I read the post, however; do get the correlation. I have genuine win7 installed and trying to do the free upgrade to win10. I select the install now to be prompted for the 25 character product code, which I do not have. I do have the choice to do that later and proceed.
    The problem is this flow was not described by the ISO download documentation.
    I have concerns that I will get win10 and loose my ability to authenticate it. I was willing to take a chance that the SW would see this as an upgrade and act install accordingly. Maybe that in itself is foolish.

I bought win8 tried it, did all I could to make it mirror win7 and after 2 weeks of using it I removed it and reinstalled win7.

Yes I can run the gambit again but would prefer not to. It takes a couple days to reinstall windows and linux and all their updating and personalizing.

I downloaded ISO and burned DVD from: Windows 10

If I proceed with the install ignoring the 25 character code entry
    Will I get win 10 authenticated?
    Can I revert back to win7-64 should win10 behave like win8?
    thanks,
    Keith

klong915, Aug 2, 2015
  6. smipx Win User
    What I would do is run the installer from within Windows 7 rather than boot from the DVD. That way it should validate Windows 7 and proceeed to upgrade it.

smipx, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Correct, you must upgrade and activate Win 10 before you can do a clean install.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  8. klong915 Win User

I'm not sure that it would make a difference whether the install occurs via a boot DVD or the install from the boot DVD is invoked via the pc's current operating system. Ztucker seems to be writing about some mythical place, hmm: is that win10? By what stretch of one's imagination can one upgrade and activate anything to then install it, oh ya, cleanly install it.

klong915, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Yes, there is a big difference. If you boot from the DVD, you won't be able to do an upgrade - you can only perform a clean install but a "Windows 7" key can't be used for that. You should run the setup from within Windows 7 for a free upgrade (setup needs to verify your OS which can't be done offline ). Once W10 is sucessfully activated, you will be able to do a clean install.

Anshad Edavana, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Do an image backup of your current system. Clean Install Windows 7 and activate, install SP1 if needed then upgrade to 10. Sort of like a Clean Install.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  11. klong915 Win User
    Hi,
    I launched the media upgrade iso from a certified windows 7 64 bit partition on my PC. All went well. The upgrade even included windows 10 version of windows 7 boot launcher (there are three partitions on this drive). Windows 10 is activated and all seems good so far. I need to find some applications that were part of windows 7 and 10 but their location in windows 10 is not obvious. This includes some start-up routines that do start in windows 10 but just need to find them. So All seems good.
    Thanks,
    Keith

klong915, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ignore COA 25 alpha-numeric code - Similar Threads - Ignore COA alpha

2. Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...: Help please. 'Appears' I got Hacked June 1, 2022. Ran Norton and IOLO, neither full scan found anything they had to clean out; all seems to be back in order. My Windows Services are all running. I do see Unsuccessful Tries in My Account Activity; that has been going on since...
  3. Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft "sent" me this very lengthy recovery code of 25 alpha and number characters. Do...: Help please. 'Appears' I got Hacked June 1, 2022. Ran Norton and IOLO, neither full scan found anything they had to clean out; all seems to be back in order. My Windows Services are all running. I do see Unsuccessful Tries in My Account Activity; that has been going on since...
  4. COA labels

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    COA labels: Hi. We are a workstation builder and always when we install an image of win10pro on a machine, we put a COA label on the housing. Now currently we purchased 10 win10pro licenses which are missing the red/rosa back-label, so we cannot get the label from the envelope which...
  5. COA labels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COA labels: Hi. We are a workstation builder and always when we install an image of win10pro on a machine, we put a COA label on the housing. Now currently we purchased 10 win10pro licenses which are missing the red/rosa back-label, so we cannot get the label from the envelope which...
  6. 25 digit code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    25 digit code: Ummm hi... I got 3 xbox gift cards from rewards, and they were sent to my email... I wanted to redeem them for minecoins, but when I go to minecraft.net to redeeem, it asks me for a code... There are no links either... How do I get the code???...
  7. Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters: I am only able to setup Bitlocker to use a numeric PIN for pre boot authentication. How can I setup Bitlocker to require a password using alpha, numeric, special characters for pre boot authentication?...
  8. Bad COA code on new device

Bad COA code on new device: I'll just put it this way. I had purchased a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro disk (and it comes with a COA code) And it worked fine. The first device is Dell Systems XPS L321X. The second device is Fujitsu UH 554. After the first installation, the code becomes strapped with my...
  9. windows 10 activation key code COA

windows 10 activation key code COA: I upgraded my HP All-In-One computer From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but my cumputer was stolen from me in a burglary. Is there anyway for me to get my digital key code COA? Would I be able to install windows 10 on my current computer with that license key code? is there...
  10. Windows COA

Windows COA: Long story short, I have this Laptop preinstalled Windows 8 PRO A microsoft employee is inquiring (for license compliance) about this machine's COA and asking repeatedly about COA sticker. I can't find it anywhere. It says in BIOS it has Windows 8 preinstalled, but I...