Windows 10: i'm a pc and windows was my idea.

Discus and support i'm a pc and windows was my idea. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I guess you all remember these ads about users claiming to have had the idea and telling Microsoft. is it true, can you just email in with an idea.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wakadoo, Sep 9, 2014.

1. wakadoo Win User

i'm a pc and windows was my idea.

I guess you all remember these ads about users claiming to have had the idea and telling Microsoft.

is it true, can you just email in with an idea.

has anyone ever tried it.

:)

wakadoo, Sep 9, 2014
  2. DavidJ49 Win User

What moron decided it was a good idea to reorgansie the folders and files on my machine without my permission??

This reply was USELESS.

The update was applied automatically today 30 December to supposedly add new features - so I naively assumed MS would know which update it was.

I arrange my files and folders the way I want them. I don't want updates from MS moving these files to different directories (some hidden). It's annoying and just plain stupid.

DavidJ49, Sep 9, 2014
  3. DavidJ49 Win User
    What moron decided it was a good idea to reorgansie the folders and files on my machine without my permission??

Original Title - Windows 10 Update

I've just had the W10 update loaded.

Does this mean I will also have to change all the settings on my backup and recovery software (WD)?

Pure genius!!

DavidJ49, Sep 9, 2014
  4. davehc Win User

Better file a patent on it before you email any ideas to anyone.

There are many fanciful notions, however, about the origin of Windows. In fact, it was an inter office system being used by Xerox, before they carelessly let it slip from their grasp, not undertanding its potential.

This is a good story, and close to what I used to read at the time it happened. But google and you will find minor variations.

Folklore.org: A Rich Neighbor Named Xerox

davehc, Sep 9, 2014
  5. +1 for protecting your idea. Sears sold Craftsman ratchets(a socket wrench that could reverse direction) but it had a small ridge for reversing drive direction with a tiny button in the center to release the socket. An employee put a design in the suggestion box for the same ratchet but with a large lever for changing direction and a big button for releasing the socket. Easier to use and cheaper to make.

They awarded him $250 for his suggestion. Eventually I think they settled out of court for $3M back when a million was still money. *Smile

MilesAhead, Sep 10, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    Funny thing about patents, bending an edge on a metal triangle used to fasten windows glass panes to wooden frames so it can be hammered in easier is still one of most successful patents ever.

CountMike, Sep 11, 2014
  7. Atomic77 Win User
    Yes I remember seeing those comercials but I don't know if its true that you can email them a idea or not. That would be a good thing to do though if you could and they would listen.

Atomic77, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. i'm a pc and windows was my idea. - Similar Threads - i'm was idea

2. What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas: In Sept-Oct of 2023 I built my current PC and at the start of Feb my PC stared to blue screening randomly and even doing blue screens errors on start up. I traced back the issue to a windows update; 2024-02 Cumulative Update for windows 11 version 23h2 for x64-based systems...
  3. What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas: In Sept-Oct of 2023 I built my current PC and at the start of Feb my PC stared to blue screening randomly and even doing blue screens errors on start up. I traced back the issue to a windows update; 2024-02 Cumulative Update for windows 11 version 23h2 for x64-based systems...
  4. No idea what to do with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No idea what to do with my pc: I tried logging in one day and everything is normal except for i don’t have a taskbar and my screen keeps refreshing every 10 seconds it goes black and then back to normal. I’m unable to access settings and my windows key does nothing. I’ve tried to the dism command to scan...
  5. No idea what to do with my pc

No idea what to do with my pc: I tried logging in one day and everything is normal except for i don’t have a taskbar and my screen keeps refreshing every 10 seconds it goes black and then back to normal. I’m unable to access settings and my windows key does nothing. I’ve tried to the dism command to scan...
  6. ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas?: ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipods-are-connected-to-my-pc-and-im-getting/3875731a-dcfe-435e-ad03-8911907a2bfb
  7. ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas?

ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas?: ipods are connected to my pc and I'm getting music...but micro isn't working any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipods-are-connected-to-my-pc-and-im-getting/3875731a-dcfe-435e-ad03-8911907a2bfb
  8. I'm out of idea. Maybe Firewall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm out of idea. Maybe Firewall?: Lately, I have been running into an issue with the ethernet specifically to my home PC. I have made sure it is not the cable and have tried it on multiple devices. It seems to happen specifically when someone is trying to connect to my PC through LAN or if the computer is...
  9. I'm not able to see or open the My PC file, anyone got an idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not able to see or open the My PC file, anyone got an idea?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tusschet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iu336t/im_not_able_to_see_or_open_the_my_pc_file_anyone/
  10. BSOD - No idea what I'm doing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - No idea what I'm doing: Hey All, I've been getting BSOD lately, the last couple i had were Irql not less equal and clock watchdog timeout I've retrieved the dump files but have not idea where to upload them Any pointers would be appreciated Thanks, Josh...