Windows 10: I'm away for a week, and suddenly I need to reactivate Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support I'm away for a week, and suddenly I need to reactivate Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just like the title says. I was away for a week. Oh, just before I took this trip, I reinstalled a motherboard that was sent in for repair to ASUS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by x509, Jun 10, 2017.

1. x509 Win User

I'm away for a week, and suddenly I need to reactivate Windows 10 Pro

Just like the title says. I was away for a week. Oh, just before I took this trip, I reinstalled a motherboard that was sent in for repair to ASUS. I checked the sn, and I did get the same board back that I sent in. I left on this trip less than one day after doing the re-install.

Also, if this matters, Office 2013 wants to be activated. Plus Norton Internet Security, which I get through Comcast. *Huh

Is the motherboard the root cause here? How do I get well with Microsoft? *Rolleyes

Before the repair, everything was running fine. Both Windows and Office were up to date with patches. I got this Win 10 as an upgrade from Win 7 Pro.

:)

2. d0gknees Win User

WINDOWS UPDATE BUGGY BEHAVIOUR

Does that work reliably? Might have to try it. I'm away from home for the next week, so I'll fire up a long running job and see how it looks in 5-6 days.

Thanks

d0gknees, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 errorcodes 0xC004F012 and 0xc0000022

Hello,

I have been using my windows 10 pro for more than 6 months now, a while ago it suddenly deactivated.

When I go to the activation tab in settings it shows 0xC004F012 and when I try to reactivate using my key I get 0xc0000022.

I have no idea why it happened and thought it might sort it self out and would try again later, having waited a few weeks it still doesn't work.

I have ran the troubleshooter it says I need windows 10 pro to activate using this key, I have pro installed it says so in the system>about tab of settings.

Anyone got something that might resolve my issue?

Kind regards

polarskater, Jun 10, 2017
  4. I'm away for a week, and suddenly I need to reactivate Windows 10 Pro

Hi x509.

Something has changed on motherboard, something that may indicate that machine is different.

Have a look at this tutorial, in the "Tip" section. You likely want the fifth tip, Activation Trouble shooter.

Activate Windows 10

Yes 2013 is seeing the same thing. You will have to renter your 25 digit key. If they refuse, sometimes this happens if the license has been activated recently or a lot, then go through the phone activation process. I find painful but easy, just have a good pen and a large piece of paper.

For Norton you will have to talk to Comcast first. Normally, if you only had one license you would head your Norton account, then de-authorized your machine, which gets your install count down to zero, then down load and install. Not sure how it works with Comcast offering.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Sometimes Windows 10 Creator's Update has issues activating itself with Microsoft activation servers. Try opening a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and running:

slmgr /ato

That manually initiates an automatic online activation of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jun 12, 2017
  6. x509 Win User
    Quick update. I was able to reactivate my Norton Internet Security after going through the process several times, on the web. The first time, it confirmed that I was re-activated, but ten minutes later, I wasn't activated.*Shock Eventually I got activated. Their system is not easy to use. If you exceed the 7 license limit, you either buy another license, or deactivate a current system. Problem is, their system treats old, retired systems as active until you deactivate them. But you can only deactivate an old system when you hit that limit. Even their tech support confirmed that you can't manage your account by deleting as many old systems as you want. If I didn't get this product free from Comcast, I would be looking at other security product vendors.

Still need to deal with the Windows and Office activations. I know that I will need to activate Office over the phone. Not yet sure about Windows.

7. Agree Norton system is not intuitive but when you are right panel you just uninstall from device. I had similar hell with support but eventually found correct spot.

Caledon Ken, Jun 12, 2017
  8. Superfly Win User

Irrespective of the motherboard's serial # being the same, if the components thereon have changed, the hardware ID will be different and thus a "new" PC in the eyes of MS, which will need a new digital licence.

You will need the original key that it was activated with or if used with an MSA the activation transfer wizard (which I'm not too familar with, but guess needs the old hardware ID saved to the MSA account before it can transfer it to the new one)

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm away for a week, and suddenly I need to reactivate Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - I'm away week

2. Windows 10 Pro not reactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro not reactivating: So I changed the ssd from my desktop to my laptop and then reactivated it from my laptop. Then i put it back on the pc and now windows does not want to activate....
  3. Windows 10 Pro not reactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro not reactivating: So I changed the ssd from my desktop to my laptop and then reactivated it from my laptop. Then i put it back on the pc and now windows does not want to activate....
  4. Windows 10 pro reactivation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro reactivation: So recently my current computer with windows 10 pro has become deactivated. This is because the manufacturer used a volume licence and now windows can't find the manufacturer's activation server. I also have my old windows 7 "home prem oa" laptop computer.These are the steps...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education reactivation help needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Education reactivation help needed: Lenovo 14W purchased with Windows 10 Pro Education installed. Windows 10 was just deactivated and says product code used for last attempt to reactivate cannot be used, Error 0x8004E103. Please advise how to get Windows 10 Pro Education reactivated. Also Office 365 apps...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 pro

Reactivate windows 10 pro: I just bought a new gaming pc with windows 10 home installed however my old pc has windows 10 pro and i'm wondering how to transfer my pro edition to my new pc...I've been looking online all day but I need someone to help me step by step I have no product key my licence is...
  7. I'm not able to reactivate Windows 10 PRO

I'm not able to reactivate Windows 10 PRO: Back in April of 2016 I linked a digital license copy to my Microsoft account, I've been using the same motherboard this October, so after I got my new motherboard I reinstalled Windows 10 and added my Microsoft account so I can reactivate Windows, still unable to do so. My...
  8. Reactivation of windows 10 Pro

Reactivation of windows 10 Pro: q : how can I Reactivation of windows 10 Pro-error code (0x803fa06 7) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro/7b6a352d-dcc1-42bf-96cf-0f4fc31df87e"
  9. I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro

I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro, and the product key for it. I was not with an organisation. Due to some problems I had with a piece software, I had to do a clear my HDD. When I reinstalled everything, Windows 10 is now asking me for activation. I enter the product key, and now my...
  10. reactivation of Windows 10 Pro

reactivation of Windows 10 Pro: Hi. Windows is telling me that I need to reactivate. On the Activation page in Settings, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I have absolutely no idea what this means. I bought this pc second-hand, with Win 10 Pro already installed,...