Windows 10: I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

Discus and support I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this flickering that I'm experiencing in my Windows 10 desktop icons is caused by my graphics card or a conflict with the software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, May 7, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

I'm not sure if this flickering that I'm experiencing in my Windows 10 desktop icons is caused by my graphics card or a conflict with the software installed. I've had the same graphics card for almost 10 years and it's never given me any problems.

I was going to upgrade and buy a new graphics card but I if fear that once installed I'll still see the same flickering so, for now, I'm holding off.

Is there any way to find out which program I have installed could be causing this conflict if it is software related? I have not installed any new software in the last year, this flickering started about 1 to 2 months ago. I noticed it at first when I was watching TV looking straight ahead, my computer monitors are to my right so it caught my attention because of the flicker.

It's a bit frustrating because I know of no way to eliminate each and every program to determine which one could be causing it or if indeed I do have an old graphics card going bad. I didn't post this in the graphics card forum because I'm convinced it's software related.

Any and all help will be appreciated very much

:)

Eaglepi, May 7, 2018
Thema:

I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

1. I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing - Similar Threads - I'm experiencing flickering

2. MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?: MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/8ae39e45-3c10-45bd-a1dd-06aea94e5bca
  3. MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?: MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/8ae39e45-3c10-45bd-a1dd-06aea94e5bca
  4. My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue: Pls solve the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/1e6019fc-b7c3-4258-8f6f-e833804f5df6
  5. My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue: Pls solve the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/1e6019fc-b7c3-4258-8f6f-e833804f5df6
  6. Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my desktop icons refreshing?: My desktop icons go from the icon to all white then back to the icon every now and then and same with my windows taskbar and icons I pinned there. Any way to fix this? My only lead is that I had adobe creative cloud before then I put it in the trash but I downloaded a newer...
  7. Upon Updating my Laptop's Windows, I'm experiencing some glitches or flickering in audio...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upon Updating my Laptop's Windows, I'm experiencing some glitches or flickering in audio...: It seems that my laptop is not compatible with this new update in Windows. Please help me. submitted by /u/rakaza24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hojuj2/upon_updating_my_laptops_windows_im_experiencing/
  8. Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker: Hi, im having issues with my desktop. Im running windows 10. Whenever i use a browser, whether it be chrome, edge or firefox, the pages constantly reload. It usually happens whenever i try to use the searchbar. i also get flickering desktop icons. Ive reset the desktop...
  9. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  10. Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh"

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh": Folks, Running a one-month old clean Win 10 install. I find that my desktop icons frequently lose their shortcut symbol (the little white square with curved blue arrow), or otherwise change. I haven't tried to figure out when or why this happens. It shouldn't. An icon,...