Windows 10: I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?

Discus and support I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's 372.2 GB and it's been at 0% for some minutes now. 35470 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Digitalstardust, Dec 28, 2015.

1. I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?

It's 372.2 GB and it's been at 0% for some minutes now.

:)

Digitalstardust, Dec 28, 2015

2. How Long to Full Format a 6TB Drive?

3.6Tb in 48 hours is way below the specs of any port on that computer. I suspect a problem. Which of these is the Hd connected to?

We need more info

I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take? [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 28, 2015
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    How Long to Full Format a 6TB Drive?

My question is why do a full format on new HD, you could do a scan if you are looking for defects as for the time as 24 was what it took a friend of mine to do a full format on his system, it will vary depending on what your system is.

JoeNamco, Dec 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?

Are you doing a quick or full format?? A quick one should only take a few minutes at most. What you could do is go into disk manager and just delete it and format it from there. That would be much faster,

BunnyJ, Dec 28, 2015
  5. As said a quick format(you are only Formatting/deleting the directory ) should take a few mins.
    a full wipe/format can take ages as you are formatting every sector

shakennstirred, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    A full format will take several hours. A quick format will take a few seconds. A full format verifies every track on the disk, so it takes about as long as writing 372.2GB of data to the disk. A quick format just writes the control records.

Whatphoeb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take?

1. I'm formatting a drive, how long will it take? - Similar Threads - I'm formatting drive

2. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  3. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  4. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How long does format take?

How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  7. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
  8. How long does it take to format 1 TB hard drive in windows 10 disk management.

How long does it take to format 1 TB hard drive in windows 10 disk management.: It seems to be taking along time to format going on 24 hours am I wrong, this is a internal backup disk I am formatting! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-it-take-to-format-1-tb-hard-drive-in/e2f3fb22-8677-46fb-9c04-964ef615ba03
  9. Drive Repair taking too long.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive Repair taking too long.: I bought an Acer Aspire Feb 2020 and day before yesterday the system started to become laggy and unresponsive. I had a few downloads and a few files copying at the moment. I cancelled them and restarted the laptop but the problems continued so I restarted again, both times...
  10. How long will it take?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How long will it take?: Hi! So a couple of days ago my HP Laptop wouldn’t load up. I did a reboot and now I’m stuck with the this, it says “Fixing C: Stage 2: 85% 557640 of 652758; Total: 66%; ETA: 13:15:44. Now, I am wondering how many Stages are there? Its been two days already and its almost done...