Windows 10: I'm getting System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys) on my computer...

Discus and support I'm getting System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys) on my computer... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting the BSOD for the last 3 days, for unbeknowst reason. I went from full Win 7 Ultimate, to Win 10 about 6 or 8 months ago. I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kimghob, Jun 21, 2016.

1. kimghob Win User

I'm getting System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys) on my computer...

I have been getting the BSOD for the last 3 days, for unbeknowst reason. I went from full Win 7 Ultimate, to Win 10 about 6 or 8 months ago. I didn't have any issues what-so-ever, until 3 days ago. I've taken off IOBit off my computer, checked everything that I read to see if that was the problem. If I try and download anything, that is about the time that the BSOD happens. It seem like that happens now about every couple of minutes. I've had to turn off my computer and I'm working from the chromebook, to post this, as I cannot do much else. I don't want to have to reformat my hard drive to reinstall Win 7, but I will if I have to. My C drive is a Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series. So, I'm unsure if it could be the drive or not. I am so tired of this happening, I'm hoping that someone would be able to help me. I don't have a Cam or anything, I do emails and FB games.

:)

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  2. robert_804, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Getting system service exception

Updated the Bios and deleted avast and malware protection I think that fixed it! Thanks alot I appreciate it

robert_804, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  5. kimghob Win User
    Hi Ztruker, that is fine, but each time I get onto my computer, it goes down before I finish anything, so since I'm on my Chromebook posting this, how do I do I download anything if my computer keeps doing this every couple of minutes? Also, I cannot both understand some of the stuff the guy is saying as his accent is too heavy and with the stupid music, I cannot hear him.

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  6. kimghob Win User
    I think I did it, tried over 3 times to get it here.

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    I've looked at your last 2 dump files. You appear to have a problem with the driver for the AVG IDS Application Activity Monitor

Code: ffffd000`e3b6a858 fffff800`81a6febfUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys avgidsdrivera+0x1febf[/quote] I would try uninstalling AVG and use Windows defender instead. See if this makes a difference.

philc43, Jun 21, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

One way is to boot to Safe Mode with Networking and run DM_Log_collectoer from there. That often allows you to run it without a BSOD.

Click on Start, Power Icon.
    Hold down the Shift key then click Restart.
    Run DM_Log_collector in Safe Mode with Networking then upload and attach here.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  9. kimghob Win User
    Ah, thank you, both so much, I will take off AVG off my computer and see if that stops the problem. I've been having problems with that anyway, need to figure out another one. I don't like Macfee and Bit Defender I tried and that was glitchy too. Don't think I want to do Win. Defender, due to people hacking into Win anything. But I will check on something else to use.

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    First thing I noticed is you are way down level on updates. If you can, please apply all Windows Updates. That may fix your problem, emphasis on MAY!

Agree with philc43, completely uninstall AVG for now using the AVG Remover Tool. Use the Built-in Windows Defender for now (it's what I use).

Several dumps indicate Memory_Corruption. Time to test your ram.

RAM:

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

You can also use a Flash drive instead of a CD.

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*.
    Unzip and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.exe.
    It will format the flash drive if you tell it to. I used a small, 16MB flash drive and it had 8.5GB left when done.

Boot the CD or Flash drive and run Memtest86+ for at least 8 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run should suffice depending on how much ram you have.

I just noticed you have 32GB. That's going to take a long, long time. Try removing half the ram and run with 16GB for awhile. If after a couple days you do not get a BSOD, then swap ram and see if more testing results in a BSOD. If yes then the ram currently installed is defective.

You can stop the test after you see the first error appearing *Smile
    Follow this tutorial to see how you can find out what exactly is causing the errors.

If ram tests out okay then need to try Driver Verifier.

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to the instructions in steps 2, 3 and 4.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  11. kimghob Win User
    Okay, I will try and do the windows updates, but after taking off the AVG, it still did the BSOD, so it might have been some of the cause, I will check after I do Win. Updates, if I don't go down first again.

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  12. kimghob Win User
    Okay, I've been trying to do the Win updates, it is hard to do when you keep getting the BSOD. I have been going down about every couple of minutes and having to start over again.

kimghob, Jun 21, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Hi kimghob,

If you cannot download updates then do not bother to try it again until your system becomes more stable.

I would recommend that you try 2 things,
    1. Update the BIOS, read the user manual for how you can do this *Arrow http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/..._Formula-Z.pdf

2. Install the USB controller drivers that ASUS provides for your motherboard. Did Windows install those? The current installed are newer than the onces ASUS provides.
    Code: 6: kd> lmvm asmtxhci Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`6bcb0000 fffff800`6bd20000 asmtxhci T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: asmtxhci.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\asmtxhci.sys Image name: asmtxhci.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Feb 04 08:22:05 2016 (56B2FC1D) CheckSum: 0007677A ImageSize: 00070000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 6: kd> lmvm asmthub3 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`6c470000 fffff800`6c496000 asmthub3 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: asmthub3.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\asmthub3.sys Image name: asmthub3.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 11:38:17 2015 (55F14F89) CheckSum: 0002C98D ImageSize: 00026000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

14. Ztruker Win User
    That's what I was afraid of. Go ahead with the ram test and driver verifier (if needed). Let's see if we can get it to run well enough to get updates applied.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  15. kimghob Win User
    It isn't allowing for me to do much of anything on there, it keeps going down, I tried to go to ASUS and was going to download a couple of their programs, then the BSOD happened, over and over, not getting very far, very fast.

kimghob, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

1. I'm getting System Service Exception (asmtxhci.sys) on my computer... - Similar Threads - I'm getting System

2. System service exception, what went wrong: wmi.acpi sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System service exception, what went wrong: wmi.acpi sys: Hi,For the past few days I have encountered this problem that basically loops continuously. I have tried following various guides on how to solve this, including uninstalling Lenovo Vantage seems to be an issue for a lot of people and resetting Windows, twice, yet the problem...
  3. System service exception, what went wrong: wmi.acpi sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System service exception, what went wrong: wmi.acpi sys: Hi,For the past few days I have encountered this problem that basically loops continuously. I have tried following various guides on how to solve this, including uninstalling Lenovo Vantage seems to be an issue for a lot of people and resetting Windows, twice, yet the problem...
  4. System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys: My Toshiba Satellite Laptop on Winfows 10,still keeps restarting for like the 40th time. And it won't turn to the locker screen, what do I do to fix this? Can anyone help, please? [IMG]...
  5. Blue Screen "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" dxgmms2.sys

Blue Screen "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" dxgmms2.sys: I have recently had quite a few crashes on my computer while randomly downloading games from Steam and while watching YouTube. Just says "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" What failed: dxgmms2.sys Any help is appreciated....
  6. system service exception SPUVCbv x64.sys for ZOOM

system service exception SPUVCbv x64.sys for ZOOM: system service exception SPUVCbv x64.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-service-exception-spuvcbv-x64sys-for-zoom/2ed18a26-7b26-419b-a5b8-a24fc17c2d35
  7. Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SPUVCbv x64 sys

Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SPUVCbv x64 sys: I have an HP Probook 4340s with SunplusIT - Camera, Other hardware - HP HD Webcam [Fixed]. This happens whenever i access any apps that uses my camera like skype, zoom, messenger, camtasia etc. Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  8. System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys: Help pls, when I put a video card in my pc, starts normally but when is charging windows appears a blu screen that says "System Service Exception-Error igdkmd64.sys". But it happens only when i put the video card....
  9. system service exception rtkvhd64.sys

system service exception rtkvhd64.sys: I have no idea... I tried reinstall many times... about 5 or more... I even use Acer driver and MS auto driver... still crash and no sound after using for awhile. I reinstall Windows and sometime I install driver manually and automatically still sound fked up I'm...
  10. Crash system service exception dxgmms2.sys

Crash system service exception dxgmms2.sys: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. that is the link to my dump file my most recent one which was about an hour ago... i only crash when i am running virtual dj 8 and have my hdmi cord plugged in.. it plays about 3 to 10 songs...