Windows 10: I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....

Discus and support I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I encountered a lot of issues. 1) Store doesn't work (it says that the app can't be opened) 2) Search icon/bar doesn't work (it doesn't respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bakaichigo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....

I encountered a lot of issues.

1) Store doesn't work (it says that the app can't be opened)
    2) Search icon/bar doesn't work (it doesn't respond when I click it)
    3) I thought Microsoft Edge would be included... but it didn't install when I upgraded *Sad

Basically, it's still Windows 7 with a different appearance.

I saw a lot of my friends' screenshots on their recent upgrade to Win10, but it seems like I'm the only one with those problems *Sad Is it because I just upgraded and did not go through clean install? I really don't know. Please help. Thanks in advance!

:)

bakaichigo, Jul 30, 2015

2. Having problems upgrading to 10

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    As of now, I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Having problems upgrading to 10

I am trying to upgrade to windows 10, unable to complete until UBCD4win360 is removed, how do I do this, I am unable to find it on my computer

DonnaBartle, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hsolo Win User

I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....

I am having the EXACT same issue. I am in IT, and have updated the following personal devices to Windows 10: a Surface tablet, a Desktop, and a Laptop without any problems. However, I have been trying to install Windows 10 on my wife's Laptop (done it 3 times now, in varying ways), and her Laptop does not have Edge installed, can't get to Store, and although the "Search / Cortana" window is at the bottom left on the Desktop, it cannot be selected to type in. My other devices all have these two functions.....just this one laptop that is missing these programs. I have tried installing through the Insider, through usb, and through the regular Microsoft web page......same results.

Anybody have any ideas / solutions?

Hsolo, Jul 30, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    I had a blank white Cortana window on first upgrade a reboot later and it started working, not sure why you don't have edge.

banger, Jul 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    What's the laptop? Giving some hardware information may be helpful.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  7. If it helps, my laptop is Ace Aspire 4752-G

I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10.... [​IMG]

After poking around some more, I found out that after running Python and C programs on cmd, my laptop BSODs. Ha ha ha.

bakaichigo, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Hsolo Win User

Upgraded from Windows 7
    HP Pavilion dv7
    AMD A8-3520M APU with RADeon HD Graphics 1.6 GHz
    6.00 GB RAM
    64-bit OS

Hsolo, Jul 31, 2015
  9. rezpower Win User
    Well you better do a system file check to see if there are corrupt system files.
    have you done the sfc /scannow test? I would start by doing this.

rezpower, Jul 31, 2015
  10. I already did, there were no problems detected *Sad

bakaichigo, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Hsolo Win User
    Me too *cry

Hsolo, Aug 2, 2015
  12. rezpower Win User
    Well in this case "What I would do" or better say "what I did" was to make a clean install.
    If you are familiar with doing this then you will not regret having a clean installed windows 10.

rezpower, Aug 2, 2015
  13. PRMan Win User

Wow! You still have one of those that works?!? Impressive. You must really take care of your stuff. Mine died over 3 years ago.

PRMan, Aug 2, 2015
  14. Hey there, I did the Reset This PC stuff and.... my Win10 is okay now!!! Although, I had to reinstall my apps... but I got to keep my files....

bakaichigo, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Here's what i posted on another forum, this might help out:
    Some research shows that HP is only providing updated drivers for "dv7t-6b00 and newer" laptops, and that was for windows 8.
    With that said, there is at least one, and probably more, free 3rd party updates that you can install, video being one for sure. This will also require an additional step of installing a windows update that allows you to prevent automatic updates of drivers for a specific hardware device. For the sound driver, i would suggest attempting to install the windows 7 driver but then go through the steps to prevent forced updates on the sound device. I only searched for Video as I didn't have problems with sound but hopefully this helps:
    In case you have problems completely uninstalling previous video drivers:
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.6
    Video Driver *windows 10 officially supported* by leshcatlabs.net
    http://www.leshcatlabs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=956
    How to prevent Windows 10 *forcing* a driver update:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    Here's some various forums for other issues and source forums to the solutions listed above:
    Solved: Cursor Flickering in Windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5176069
    windows 10 extremely slow boot since install (wake time & ap... - HP Support Forum - 5173491
    Catalyst 15.7 causing slow startup/doesn't swit... | Community
    Me venting a little: i'm a bit disappointed that updates are forced. From a vulnerability standpoint I understand the necessity given the sophistication of recent hacks. The average Joe might not stay on top of installing updates, and therefore on windows 7 & 8 a large pool of users are at a higher risk to falling victim to malware, phishing, trojan, worm, virus, botnet, ddos attacks etc. Now, windows 10 *forces* the updates down every devices' "throat" and administrators are left to troubleshoot and fix the problems with bogus drivers and compatibility issues when they arise. Well... positive side is job security i guess.

voidsplicedinta, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - I'm having problems

2. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  3. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  4. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I'm having audio problems after the recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having audio problems after the recent update.: Like the title says I'm having audio problems. I have deleted and reinstalled audio drivers and have gone through almost all troubleshooting steps. I'm lost about what to do. Anyone else have problems after the recent update? submitted by /u/onesealboi [link] [comments]...
  6. I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop: I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have a pretty new laptop, anHP ZBook laptop. It's running great, but whenever I turn it on and do something like click on a link or go to a web page, it freezes up. When I try to click OK or something else on the desktop,...
  7. I'm having a problem

I'm having a problem: I have multiple USB devices connected, my mouse, keyboard, a wireless USB thing for wifi, and an audio interface. The wifi USB and interface keep cutting out and I don't know what to do. can someone help me please? submitted by /u/krutchieeater466 [link] [comments]...
  8. I'm having problems

I'm having problems: I'm going to sell my pc but it seems like the pc doesn't want to factory reset what can I do? submitted by /u/happerkapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff8gpw/im_having_problems/
  9. I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems: Ok so let me explain the full story. I for the first time in like 8 years of using a Windows PC got a real virus on my PC. It was really dumb from me but it did happen. It was a multitude of them (browser pop-ups, svchosts.exe virus, TrustedInstaller, still don't know if I...
  10. I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems: Ok so let me explain the full story. I for the first time in like 8 years of using a Windows PC got a real virus on my PC. It was really dumb from me but it did happen. It was a multitude of them (browser pop-ups, svchosts.exe virus, TrustedInstaller, still don't know if I...