Windows 10: I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

Discus and support I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, what I want to do is be able to connect my laptop cable to load up from computer, so connect it to usb port 2.0 or 3.0 , is that safe to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Max Pen, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Max Pen Win User

I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

Hey there,

what I want to do is be able to connect my laptop cable to load up from computer, so connect it to usb port 2.0 or 3.0 , is that safe to do or even possible? What kind of adapter would I need?

:)

Max Pen, Feb 24, 2018

2. The power cord on my asus doesnt work unless i press it in.

Hi! It could be your power cord or it could be the jack that the cord plugs into.

You could test the power cord with a volt meter! Here's how!

Test!

garybear89, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    after windows 10 update my toshiba satellite L55 laptop will no longer charge the battery, how can this get fixed???

Hi Gary,

A faulty battery can be one of the factors why your laptop is not charging. To isolate your concern, we recommend to check the following:

Bad Outlet

Make sure there is power coming from the outlet by testing it out with other electronic devices. If other devices are not working with the outlet either, then try another outlet.

Cord is not plugged into AC adapter

Make sure the charging cord is plugged completely into the AC adapter. The AC adapter looks like a black rectangular box. It should be connected to two ends of the charging cord.

Loose power jack

The power jack where the charging cord plugs into the laptop may be loose.

In addition, to identify a faulty battery, we suggest that you shut down your laptop. Hold down the power button until the laptop turns off. Take out the battery and wait a couple of seconds to put it back on. Then turn on your laptop and check if it is
    still charging.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Feb 24, 2018
  4. I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

Hi Matt

Not exactly following what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to charge your laptop battery from a desktop computer?

If so I think the simple answer is don't try.

What is preventing you from charging your laptop from wall plug. You would have to look at your Laptop AC power brick to confirm but a lot are rated for input voltage between 100 and 240v. So then you would just need an adapter at the plug end to go from x to y. Europe to North America or whatever. They cost around $10 CDN

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2018
  5. Max Pen Win User
    I just wonder if its possible or not to charge your laptop battery from pc directly instead of through the wall plug.

Max Pen, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Chances are the voltage is wrong. Older USB are 5.0v and produce amperage in very small amounts. Enough to charge a phone. Look at your power brick, it produces multiple amps on the output. I had a customer who call me because laptop wasn't charging and when I got there I found they were using wrong power brick.

I've never seen such an adapter.

Now the very new USB standards talk about being able to produce real current so I guess there will come a day when it will be possible.

Will be interested to see other members thoughts.

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2018
  7. Max Pen Win User
    So basically I'm thinking too far ahead and the market is still caching up?

Max Pen, Feb 24, 2018
  8. I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

This would depend on your laptop. A very low-power laptop like some Chromebooks can already be charged from a PC.

The problem is that charging a laptop can require 100W of power. The USB-PD spec does allow this, which is how many laptops can be charged through a USB type-C cable from a wall adapter.

In order to charge a laptop from a PC, the motherboard and power supply must both support outputting that much power. At 100W USB-PD requires 5A at 20V. 20V is not a standard ATX voltage so you would need a new power supply designs. Supporting 5A of current would require wide traces and bulky components. All of this increases cost and size. So I don't anticipate many PC manufacturers supporting this in the future.

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

1. I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop - Similar Threads - I'm looking adapter

2. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  3. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  4. Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.: Hi,I have a problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, it freezes. The screen flashes colors, then black screens. After the black screen goes away, the brightness raises and it can't be changed. Sometimes it freezes immediately, but other times there is a delay. It's...
  5. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  6. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  7. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  8. WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.: Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble shooter section'...
  9. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  10. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord: ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not...