Windows 10: im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install

Discus and support im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wanted to clean install my windows 10 I got from 7 upgrade and its been about 20 mins now and still no activation... should I have had my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrOblivion, Oct 12, 2015.

1. im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install

I wanted to clean install my windows 10 I got from 7 upgrade and its been about 20 mins now and still no activation... should I have had my wifi connected during install?

:)

MrOblivion, Oct 12, 2015

2. installing windows 10 after format and activate it again if installed by the upgrade

Hi Ahmed,

Once you upgraded to 10 with a successful activation, a clean install on the same hardware will auto activate.

To do a clean install you will be able to get installation media (iso/usb) from the Microsoft website (after release on the 29th)

Erik

Erik Moreau, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation error 0xC004C003

im doing the same but i cant activate the windows after clean install...

The problem still existing...

ΜιχάληςΜ., Oct 12, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install

When connected to the internet, from a command prompt type "slmgr /ato" without the quotes. I don't think it has to be run as administrator command prompt, but it might.

That initiates an online activation attempt.

NavyLCDR, Oct 12, 2015
  5. It said "Error: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked" *Sigh* I guess its time to break out the good ole Win7 Disk and just do the upgrade again *cry

EDIT: So I guess trying to clean install using a usb on a win 10 attained from free upgrade doesn't work?

MrOblivion, Oct 12, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Assuming it was activated before you could try slui 4 to get their number and phone them.

Worked for me in this situation (after a couple of calls).

7. Before I tired the clean install from usb I had win 10 activated from free upgrade, is that what you mean?

EDIT: Wait @!#$ I deleted every partition in the setup I think Microsoft uses that to validate the pc.... *Banghead

MrOblivion, Oct 12, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Yes exactly. I lost activation doing clean install (it was activated after upgrading from 7 and wasn't after clean install with same error as you).

Phoning fixed it but I had to phone a few times to get someone to fix it - some of the MS staff just say upgrade again, some sign on and activate your system with a new key.

9. when I was using slui 4 it states that it uses an automated machine so wouldn't that mean that if it doesn't like the ID I'm screwed lol

MrOblivion, Oct 12, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    No. After you type in the number if it doesn't recognize it the robot puts you through to a real person.

It may work - if it does it is quicker than upgrading again..

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Nope. The partitions have nothing to do with activation. I've deleted all partitions on a clean install, and have had several different partition combinations. All mine have activated. I think what happened is some people got their initial activations back when MS was having issues with their activation servers and the proper initial activation didn't get saved properly or got corrupted. That's just my personal theory. I've done 4 or 5 clean installs at my house, including deleting all partitions, and have never had a problem with activation.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install - Similar Threads - getting activation microsoft

2. Activating after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating after clean install: Hello, i have an oem license key and i want to know if i wnsted to clean install woyld i need to re enter the key or would it automatically activate? ***moved on english forum***...
  3. Can't activate clean install after upgrading from Win7

Can't activate clean install after upgrading from Win7: Hello, I'm trying to activate my Windows 10 with the key I got from the upgrade I did with Windows 7. I used a virtual machine for the upgrade and it did activated but after a clean install it just saying I can't activate it. The actions I did: 1. Install win7 on...
  4. Clean install and activations

Clean install and activations: Hello. I have been unable to activate W10 from a clean installation, neither by using a w7 code (COA sticker), neither from those w8.x systems that have activation string encrypted in bios (do you need UEFI/GPT installation for this way to work?). Ideas?. 18064
  5. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade? Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded. I did exactly this. I upgraded from a windows 7 pro system...
  6. Activation query after clean install

Activation query after clean install: A friend's Asus 8.1 laptop was stuck in an automatic repair loop so I suggested that he upgrade to Windows 10. Because he was unable to access his system, I opted for a clean install and I created a bootable Win 10 usb on another pc. I used this usb to insall Win 10 on...
  7. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose the USB option. I booted into my USB and when selecting the partition, I deleted every partition that was there (even the...
  8. No activation after clean install

No activation after clean install: I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. All went well and it showed as activated. Today I did a clean install and all went well. However, after clean install it shows it is not activated and they want money for a key. What is going on? 13573
  9. Activation after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after clean install.: I have an older laptop which was given to me. It started out life as XP ! - but it now has windows 10 and was running quite happily until the creators update trickled down. I have tried everything to upgrade but it always fails. I am thinking a totally fresh install would...
  10. Can't activate windows after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate windows after clean install: I just did a 'clean' install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on to my old Win 7 Pro 64bit HDD so that I could migrate my wife's Win 10 Pro 32bit apps and programs over the the 64bit OS. First, I thought 'clean' meant also formatting the HDD because it didn't. I find all my old...