Windows 10: I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

Discus and support I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There was an update, KB4093105, that changed the version number to 16299.402. In retrospect, I didn't get that either and installed manually. *Huh Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

There was an update, KB4093105, that changed the version number to 16299.402. In retrospect, I didn't get that either and installed manually. *Huh

Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018
  2. bpsanborn Win User

Ever since the big deal about an Intel CPU microcode bug, my Win 10 Pro system Windows Update function never finds any updates. I have a custom built ASUS motherboard based system with and Intel Core i5 CPU. The config is listed below. Is there something about my system that is keeping the WU process from finding updates? I have been installing security updates manually for a couple of months now.

I have a vague memory of some advice here to stop updates until all the speculative fixes were sorted out. Now I can't remember what I did and IF I did. Getting old sucks

Brian
    Boston Area

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU - Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz OC'ed to 4.4GHz
    RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz (9-11-10-28)
    Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) (SOCKET 1150)
    Graphics - ASUS 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Storage - 232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250G SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5002AALX-00J37 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5002AALX-00J37 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    Optical Drives - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L
    Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

bpsanborn, Apr 27, 2018
  3. not getting any updates...

Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completely and check if it helps:

Reset Windows updates

Make sure to run the script as an administrator.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 27, 2018
  4. I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

Not yet getting any updates

Can I update the 8.1 OS using Preview for Developer apps. Whether it will cause any problem to my phone?

Arun Santhosh, Apr 27, 2018
  5. Ben Myers Win User
    Ben Myers, Apr 27, 2018
  6. bpsanborn Win User
    Thanks Ben for the reply.

That did not show any problems. I have been searching the website for those threads about CPU bugs and looking for what advice I may have followed. I also reset my windows update policy entry in the registry to the default setting. But I believe that it may have something to do with my CPU or Motherboard. At one point the Intel advice was to hold back updates for certain CPU configs.

After the next update drop, I'll watch to see if my attempts get WU to work automatically again .

Brian

bpsanborn, Apr 27, 2018
  7. jamis Win User
    jamis, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

1. I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore - Similar Threads - I'm Getting Updates

2. I'm Not getting any Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Not getting any Sound: I'm Not getting any Sound On My Device. Have run Troubleshooter and Reinstalled Audio Drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-getting-any-sound/937e6bab-af37-420f-8195-2e245ecdb166
  3. I'm Not getting any Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm Not getting any Sound: I'm Not getting any Sound On My Device. Have run Troubleshooter and Reinstalled Audio Drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-getting-any-sound/937e6bab-af37-420f-8195-2e245ecdb166
  4. I'm Not getting any Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there anything actually in any Windows Updates anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there anything actually in any Windows Updates anymore?: Other then unskippable ads for other microsoft products I don't want or need, that is?Because it feels like it's all just unskippable ads for other microsoft products I don't want or need....
  6. cant get updates anymore

cant get updates anymore: hi last time i got to problem where i cant downlaod updates i tried many ways still no help no windows updates troubleshooter nothign help it is also disabled from services and i cant enable it access denied [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 is not making any updates anymore

Windows 10 is not making any updates anymore: Hello, my Windows 10 Pro is not making any updates for a few days. When opening the Windows update settings, the windows opens and closes right away, same with settings window. the control panel works, i the the system scan with the command line and it finds a few issues,...
  8. I'm not getting any sound from Skype at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not getting any sound from Skype at all: I have not used Skype in a while, but just tried to use it today and it can't make any sound in my speakers. At first I thought it was the caller's problem, maybe their microphone. But after trying two other callers, there was no sound with them either. So I tried the...
  9. Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not getting alerts anymore for Windows updates?: Normally after booting up my PC, Windows 10 gives me an alert in the lower right corner saying that there are new updates available. But now it's not showing any alerts anymore about any updates for like a month although there are updates available when going to Windows...
  10. I'm not getting any battery warnings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm not getting any battery warnings: My PC keeps shutting down at 20% and I get NO warning yet I turned it on power settings! PLEASE FIX THIS! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-getting-any-battery-warnings/a024f47a-5cb0-4aa5-b5c3-68708b7efaa6