Windows 10: I'm not getting my code from Microsoft!

Discus and support I'm not getting my code from Microsoft! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks! I would like to switch my PC to a Microsoft account and not a local one. However, to do this I must first enter a code which Microsoft is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Chuck38 Win User

I'm not getting my code from Microsoft!

Hi folks!

I would like to switch my PC to a Microsoft account and not a local one. However, to do this I must first enter a code which Microsoft is suppose to send me via email. But I'm not getting the code! I know I'm putting in the right email, because it's the only one I've ever used.

Any ideas?

-Chuck

EDIT: I use a bellsouth account if that matters. *Huh

:)

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014

2. My Minecraft Windows 10 edition code has been stolen

I never redeemed MCW10 code, because I'm still using Windows 8.1, but few days ago I decided to redeem this, to have this when I'll get Windows 10, but I got a message, that says "This code has been redeemed". I never used any other Microsoft account, someone
    stole this code from my account, I don't know how, or will it be "redeemable" when I'll get W10?

Moved from: (Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10)

Dawid Ślusarski, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Apps not installing or updating from the windows phone store in my Lumia 630 with windows8.1

Hi,

I'm trying to download and update my apps from the store but I'm continuously getting the error code 80070020! I read about a similar problem before and tried to solve the problem myself by updating the time manually and signing in to my Microsoft account
    and Xbox account and then rebooting my phone! I even did a rest of my phone and then tried all the steps again but its still showing the same error code!

Please Help!

HimanshuSingh Bisht, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Check your junk or spam folders?

Brink, Oct 1, 2014
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    I clicked on a link below the paragraph that said I can't do this now. then skipped to regular sign in using my MS account...

dmholt57, Oct 1, 2014
  6. Check your security details for you account in a web browser

Not 100% but I think last time I did this it sent the emails to my secondary email address associated with the account

paulsalter, Oct 1, 2014
  7. Mystere Win User
    I've had this problem when my email provider gets on various spam blacklists. They have to work on getting themselves removed before emails start showing up again. It can be a huge pain. Check your email server against the rbac and other blacklists.

Mystere, Oct 1, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Brink: Yes, I have checked those and sadly it isn't there. *Sad

dmholt57: I got an error stating "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Your account wasn't changed to this Microsoft account.
    Code: 0xd0000072

paulsalter: I can't check the security details without having a code sent to my email. I'm not receiving that code either. *Sad

-Chuck

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Can you have the code sent via text message on your phone instead?

Brink, Oct 2, 2014
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    Nah, I don't have a phone. *Sad

Chuck38, Oct 2, 2014
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you able to log in to your Microsoft account online to verify that the primary alias email address used to send codes to is correct? It wouldn't be the same as the email address used for the Microsoft account itself.

Microsoft Account Primary Alias Email Address - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Afterwards, you might see if you are able to view your email for the alias address online as well to see if the message with the code is there.

Brink, Oct 2, 2014
  12. Kari Win User
    1.) Log in to Windows using your local account
    2.) Using a browser, sign in to your Microsoft account, the one you want to use as sign in account on your Windows computer
    3.) Click the Settings wheel top right to open a menu, select Options:

I'm not getting my code from Microsoft! [​IMG]

4.) Click Account details:

5.) Click Security & password:

6.) You will now be asked to fill in the email address you have given as your security / secondary email. Microsoft helps you to remember which account that might be by showing two first letters of it, together with the domain part. Fill in the address and click Next:

7.) If you have given your phone number, you will be asked to give 4 last digits of that number. Again Microsoft gives you a hint by given you two of those 4 digits. Click Next when done:

8.) You receive a security code to the email address or phone number you have selected. Enter the code on next page. Now you can continue as told in tutorial to add or remove security emails and phone numbers

In your case now, the security code you did not find was sent to the email address mentioned above in step 6.

13. Chuck38 Win User

Shawn, for some reason I have to acquire a code to be able to do any of those things.

The only things I can view are Basic Info and Related Accounts. *Confused

Chuck38, Oct 2, 2014
  14. Chuck38 Win User
    Kari, I'm not receiving any emails from Microsoft. I tried what you posted, but when I get to the code verification, that's where I stop because Microsoft isn't wmailing me or I'm not getting there email. *Sad

-Chuck

Chuck38, Oct 2, 2014
  15. Outside what has been suggested this is where you should ask as well post the effected email account in your new question it will be automatically blocked from public view *Wink
    Outlook.com - Microsoft Community

ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014
Thema:

1. I'm not getting my code from Microsoft! - Similar Threads - I'm getting code

2. One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team: Everyday I get two or three emails saying they are giving me the one time code to log in that I requested. I have not been making these requests and wonder why I am getting these emails. Is someone trying to hack into my account?...
  3. One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team: Everyday I get two or three emails saying they are giving me the one time code to log in that I requested. I have not been making these requests and wonder why I am getting these emails. Is someone trying to hack into my account?...
  4. I'm getting error code 0xc0000005 .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting error code 0xc0000005 .: automatic windows update to windows 11 is not showing on my system anymore, and when I'm using the windows update assistant I am getting an error. error code 0xc0000005 to be precise. please help me out with the same....
  5. I'm getting error code 0xc0000005 .

I'm getting error code 0xc0000005 .: automatic windows update to windows 11 is not showing on my system anymore, and when I'm using the windows update assistant I am getting an error. error code 0xc0000005 to be precise. please help me out with the same....
  6. I'm getting error code 0xc0000005 .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I'm getting this error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting this error code: Hey,My Windows just crashed and I received these messages.With this code:And this is what my Windows looked like:Any ideas to correct it so it doesn't crash ever again?Kind regards,...
  8. I'm getting this error code

I'm getting this error code: Hey,My Windows just crashed and I received these messages.With this code:And this is what my Windows looked like:Any ideas to correct it so it doesn't crash ever again?Kind regards,...
  9. Not getting codes from microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not getting codes from microsoft: I am trying to use OneDrive to store my files for windows 11 but I need to verify my account with a security code everything is fine until i realize that it never sent a code. Pls help...
  10. I'm getting the error code "0x80070015" when trying to install anything from the microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'm getting the error code "0x80070015" when trying to install anything from the microsoft...: As the title says, I cant download anything. I've also tried running windows with limited services but that doesn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-the-error-code-0x80070015-when-trying/e0025747-a5fc-4520-b187-3d95da2b5202"