Windows 10: Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card

Discus and support Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My PCs graphics card doesn’t work anymore so need to buy a new one and im not sure if the EVGA geforce gt 710 compatible with the hp pavilion elite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nicl6748, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Nicl6748 Win User

Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card

My PCs graphics card doesn’t work anymore so need to buy a new one and im not sure if the EVGA geforce gt 710 compatible with the hp pavilion elite hpe-250f desktop pc (im not sure on what the mother board is so i just named my PC)

Nicl6748, Jul 25, 2018
  2. bobkn Win User

How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card

You might get better help if you'd tell us what your motherboard is.

On some boards, the onboard video is automatically disabled when an add-on graphics card is in place, and there is no BIOS switch to choose between onboard and PCI-E.

As you have already switched to a compatible PCI-E card, I suggest that you use the Media Creation Tool or the Techbench ISO to create a USB flash drive (or a DVD) and install from that.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

(Step 4.)

I believe that any flags from the blocked Windows Update upgrade won't affect the standalone installer.

bobkn, Jul 25, 2018
  3. compatibility of graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer and see if the drivers are available for Windows 10.If the drivers are not available you can run the drivers for the graphics card in compatibility mode and see if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 25, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card - Similar Threads - sure PCs mother

2. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Mother Board: If I change the motherboard on my PC will it require me to get a new Windows license? My Windows license was OEM so I don't have a retail copy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-mother-board/670c6d23-2e06-40d6-a2d8-2801d9fb14a1
  3. Is my mother board fried

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my mother board fried: So I let my 5 year old on my pc he tried turning it off himself by spamming the power button on and off now is showing no signal I can even open the bios screen or nothing iv tried a new hard drive still nothing plugged monitors in mother board vga and still nothing all fans...
  4. Is my mother board fried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my mother board fried: So I let my 5 year old on my pc he tried turning it off himself by spamming the power button on and off now is showing no signal I can even open the bios screen or nothing iv tried a new hard drive still nothing plugged monitors in mother board vga and still nothing all fans...
  5. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  6. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  7. changing mother board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing mother board: I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard my windows license is volume license...
  8. Mother Board

Mother Board: I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't compatible. I have a Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Mother Board and it's made for the 200 series. Why can't I just install the proper...
  9. Upgrading a Mother board

Upgrading a Mother board: I have a question regarding mother board upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my mother board MSI b250m pro-vh to a motherboard that support 8th and 9th gen motherboard?...
  10. Graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card compatibility: Hi, I have ATI Radeon HD 4830 graphic card. I'd like to upgrade it to AMD R9 270 2GB DDR5 graphic card. Is the same slot that goes to Radeon HD 4830 is enough for R9 270? Do I need to upgrade Motherboard as well? Thanks 21576