Windows 10: I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc

Discus and support I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc . I'm told it ( windows Mail?) is obsolete. ant ideas out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chrisreynolds3, Jul 10, 2018.

1. I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc

I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc . I'm told it ( windows Mail?) is obsolete. ant ideas out there?

:)

chrisreynolds3, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 10, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc

Microsoft Closing Down Windows Live and Zune Brands

Microsoft is reportedly killing off two of its service brands, Windows Live and Zune. The two will be restructured and amalgamated with Windows 8 and its store. Windows Live has been a collection of optional services bound to the MSN/Live ID for Windows 7 that provides communication (Windows Live Messenger), calendar/planner (Windows Live Calendar), contacts, photo-organizer; Zune Music and Video player join them on the chopping block. These services will be instead come to be known as:
    • Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID)
    • Mail (Windows Live Mail)
    • Calendar (Windows Live Calendar)
    • People (Windows Live Contacts)
    • Photos (Windows Live Photo Gallery)
    • Music (Zune Music Player)
    • Video (Zune Video Player)

I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged    v.3 doc 194a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc

1. I'm running Windows Mail Live on windows 10. it's blocking attachments tagged v.3 doc - Similar Threads - I'm running Mail

2. attaching docs and sharing docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attaching docs and sharing docs: Hello, I am unable to attach emails and share docs via email. Jane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-docs-and-sharing-docs/12520def-5747-4500-afda-963bcce46076
  3. Windows Live Mail = Problem with MP 4 attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail = Problem with MP 4 attachments: I receive e-mail with attachments that are in MP 4 format. When I open the attachments the video is scrambled and the audio is poor. I receive the attachments from different people. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail: I am trying to install Google 3 on my Windows Live Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-google-3-on-windows-live-mail/df939918-9f9a-4d24-b989-5fb4de23b6fc
  5. Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs: I very recently upgraded from W7 to W10. I still have Windows Live Mail as my mail application. I also recently tried to save several PDF attachments from an email to a folder on an internal RAID 1 array. For some reason when I attempt to open those files whose icons show...
  6. email attachment deactivated in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email attachment deactivated in windows live mail: email attachment deactivated in windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment-deactivated-in-windows-live-mail/3192138b-9350-49f3-a707-c33665e2cb27"
  7. Password for Windows Live Mail blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password for Windows Live Mail blocked: In the last two days, I have been receiving error messages each time I attempt to log into Windows Live Mail. After going to Microsoft's on-line help, the suggested response is to create an App password. However, this option seems to be no longer available on the security...
  8. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  9. Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc: Hi, I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based on extension. I have found many articles about unblocking attachments by extension but this does not seem to be what is...
  10. Windows Live Mail missing attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail missing attachment: I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in WLM. It was there on webmail (Virginmedia) and when I forwarded it from there to myself it came through on WLM. Other mail...