Windows 10: I'm Stuck on Waiting to download

Discus and support I'm Stuck on Waiting to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Like the title says, it's been an awful long time waiting to download. My rig is ready for WIN 10, and checks out with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thebodger, Jun 17, 2016.

1. thebodger Win User

I'm Stuck on Waiting to download

Hello everyone.
    Like the title says, it's been an awful long time waiting to download.
    My rig is ready for WIN 10, and checks out with the compatibility tool.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is something amiss?

:)

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Tamara C Win User

Stuck - Waiting for Download

Thank you! The Full Resent Windows updates clear the stuck download. But now I get the following error message when I check for updates:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:" Nothing else follows.

I guess I will wait and see what happens next in the Windows Update Download saga. Thanks again.

Tamara C, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Stuck - Waiting for Download

Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completely and check if it helps:

Full Reset Windows updates

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 17, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

I had the same thing on my W7 laptop. It stuck at 99%. The reason was it had to download and install W7 updates first. After I did a reboot and the updates were installed,W10 installed correctly.

prikker, Jun 17, 2016
  5. thebodger Win User
    Hello.
    I don't even get the download to start.
    I'm nowhere near starting to install.
    My WIN 7 pro is stuck at the spinning dots, telling me "waiting to start download"

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  6. prikker Win User
    O maybe the servers are to busy. Try again later maybe? Or your internet speed is to slow?

prikker, Jun 17, 2016
  7. Windows 7 can take up to 48 hours to check for updates, it is MS treat for people, who refuse to update to 10. *Zip

TairikuOkami, Jun 17, 2016
  8. DavidE Win User

DavidE, Jun 17, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
  10. thebodger Win User
    Thanks everyone.
    I finally got the full download.
    Just waiting for the install to start.
    It's been about an hour of "preparing to install" stuck at about 20%.
    I'm going to leave it alone for a spell, see what happens.
    Funny thing, the laptop went smooth and quick.
    Maybe because it's a 32 bit machine, but I don't know.

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  11. thebodger Win User
    Hi navyLCDR.

I do have the ISO for Win10.
    Will your method retain my current install stuff, or is it a clean install, where I would need to re-install all my App's?

thebodger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm Stuck on Waiting to download - Similar Threads - I'm Stuck Waiting

2. I'm Stuck with this new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm Stuck with this new update: Hello everyone! I'm having update my windows 10 laptop from 1803 into 1903. I've started this update from last Wednesday (September 25, 2019) and I always get the message "undoing changes made to your computer" while the update progress is around 17-29%. Until this day, I...
  3. Recovery drive stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery drive stuck at please wait: I was trying to make a recovery drive on my usb but when ever I hit next it sits at please wait forever please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive-stuck-at-please-wait/88f99e17-c72c-40d7-813c-4ffd4dbf1f47
  4. Windows 10 stuck on wait screen

Windows 10 stuck on wait screen: I have deleted and reinstalled my computer and when I was coming to the login screen and typed in all my info it’s just stuck and just loading. I left it on my desk plugged into to a power source overnight. When i waked up i was going strait to my pc and it was still on the...
  5. Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait'

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait': Hi, hadn't used my PC since May ish but began using again a couple of days ago, booted normally but maybe an hour ago i updated to the most recent version of Windows 10. Now i can't get past the 'please wait' screen, i've restarted multiple times and cannot even get to the...
  6. Windows update waiting for download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update waiting for download: Hello Windows updates won't download (stuck at waiting for download) Windows store is in the same state, can't update any app. What I already tried : sfc and dism did not find any error windows update troubleshooter detect updates are waiting but does not fix it. my...
  7. Windows update says "Waiting to Download"

Windows update says "Waiting to Download": Every time when Windows Update finds updates, it keeps saying "Waiting to Download" and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-says-waiting-to-download/c3e35455-2dd5-41f9-90f2-a54289dfc9db
  8. I waited a lot but did not download

I waited a lot but did not download: Hello When I try to update Windows 10 it downloads access to 32% and stops I waited a lot but did not download knowing that my internet speed was great 16 m / s Thank...
  9. Windows stuck on please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...
  10. Still waiting for validation of this pc to download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting for validation of this pc to download: So what exactly are they trying to validate in each pc for mine to take so long? I have an alienware 18, i7-4900mq, gtx 780m sli, 16 gb ram, windows 7. I heard that maybe you needed to update your bios so i did that and still stuck on "we are validating windows 10 for...