Windows 10: I'm Stuck on Waiting to download

Discus and support I'm Stuck on Waiting to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Like the title says, it's been an awful long time waiting to download. My rig is ready for WIN 10, and checks out with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thebodger, Jun 17, 2016.

1. thebodger Win User

I'm Stuck on Waiting to download

Hello everyone.
    Like the title says, it's been an awful long time waiting to download.
    My rig is ready for WIN 10, and checks out with the compatibility tool.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is something amiss?

:)

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Tamara C Win User

Stuck - Waiting for Download

Thank you! The Full Resent Windows updates clear the stuck download. But now I get the following error message when I check for updates:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:" Nothing else follows.

I guess I will wait and see what happens next in the Windows Update Download saga. Thanks again.

Tamara C, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Stuck - Waiting for Download

Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completely and check if it helps:

Full Reset Windows updates

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 17, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

I had the same thing on my W7 laptop. It stuck at 99%. The reason was it had to download and install W7 updates first. After I did a reboot and the updates were installed,W10 installed correctly.

prikker, Jun 17, 2016
  5. thebodger Win User
    Hello.
    I don't even get the download to start.
    I'm nowhere near starting to install.
    My WIN 7 pro is stuck at the spinning dots, telling me "waiting to start download"

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  6. prikker Win User
    O maybe the servers are to busy. Try again later maybe? Or your internet speed is to slow?

prikker, Jun 17, 2016
  7. Windows 7 can take up to 48 hours to check for updates, it is MS treat for people, who refuse to update to 10. *Zip

TairikuOkami, Jun 17, 2016
  8. DavidE Win User

DavidE, Jun 17, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
  10. thebodger Win User
    Thanks everyone.
    I finally got the full download.
    Just waiting for the install to start.
    It's been about an hour of "preparing to install" stuck at about 20%.
    I'm going to leave it alone for a spell, see what happens.
    Funny thing, the laptop went smooth and quick.
    Maybe because it's a 32 bit machine, but I don't know.

thebodger, Jun 17, 2016
  11. thebodger Win User
    Hi navyLCDR.

I do have the ISO for Win10.
    Will your method retain my current install stuff, or is it a clean install, where I would need to re-install all my App's?

thebodger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm Stuck on Waiting to download - Similar Threads - I'm Stuck Waiting

2. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  3. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  4. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  6. Pc stuck on "Please Wait"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc stuck on "Please Wait": I think I know what the problem might be, but I am unsure on how to rectify it. Yesterday I wanted to fix an error while trying to run directx for an old game. I followed a YouTube video to open turn windows features on or off feature, which strangely wasn't loading anything...
  7. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  8. Wait what I'm the administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wait what I'm the administrator: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A-questioner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h93lvk/wait_what_im_the_administrator/
  9. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  10. Windows stuck on please wait

Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...