Windows 10: I'm the administrator. How to fix this?

Discus and support I'm the administrator. How to fix this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm working on an issue with my PC & need to open the Device Manage to check hardware. I keep getting this "An administrator has blocked you from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GARoss, Jul 21, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

I'm the administrator. How to fix this?

I'm working on an issue with my PC & need to open the Device Manage to check hardware. I keep getting this "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" error.

Huh? I'm the administrator. How to fix this?

:)

GARoss, Jul 21, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Jul 21, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm the administrator. How to fix this? - Similar Threads - I'm administrator fix

2. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator: defaultuser0 account became the administrator, and won't let me access, update, or change any settings. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-defaultuser0-being-administrator/23e42f35-5431-41fa-8d0e-8519b019fdab
  3. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator: defaultuser0 account became the administrator, and won't let me access, update, or change any settings. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-defaultuser0-being-administrator/23e42f35-5431-41fa-8d0e-8519b019fdab
  4. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  6. How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator??: Can I verify I’m logged in as the Administrator and not just a User? This came up when I was starting up a newly purchased Win10 computer for the first time and it asked me to create a “PIN” number instead of an Administrator password. I entered a four-digit number for the...
  7. Wait what I'm the administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wait what I'm the administrator: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A-questioner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h93lvk/wait_what_im_the_administrator/
  8. I'm no longer an Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm no longer an Administrator: I'm logging in with my main microsoft account and my user is the only user and it's an Administrator, but Suddenly I lost my right as an Administrator and my account now is guist account, I cant instal apps or running cmd [ATTACH]...
  9. I'm confused about "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm confused about "Administrator": When I got my new laptop with Win 10, I took my Local account as an Administrator. I thought it gave me full rights to do everything. However, every so often, a pop-up tells me i need to be an Administrator. And I must bypass it by pressing Enter, or something like that. (...
  10. I'm leery of clicking on Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm leery of clicking on Administrator: 1/13/2017 Since yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, when I enter my password, I not only see my name but also the word Administrator. I'm leery of clicking on Administrator for fear my computer might be reformatted, but I certainly would like to have Administrator...