Windows 10: I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions

Discus and support I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If any of you read my post about going back to win 7 on the Sevenforum Win 7 sorry to make you read it again but I wanted to check everything before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Eaglepi Win User

I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions

If any of you read my post about going back to win 7 on the Sevenforum Win 7 sorry to make you read it again but I wanted to check everything before making a big dive and starting all over.

Since I had Win 10 I have had issues, Microsoft has remotely connected to my system to "fix" the issues. I'm still having some of them and and I wanted to list them and see if they are common bugs or is my Win 10 screwed up.

Many times after not working on my computer I come back and open a browser ( happens on all ) and it says "not responding"

Sometimes I an sitting here and both my monitors go bright blue with nothing on them, I can move the mouse but I have to reset and then it all comes back.

I guess those are the only 2 issues I can think of right now. I would hate to wipe my OS drive out and then fresh install win 7 if this are known issues that have a fix or a fix is on the way.

Thanks to all who take the time to read my post

:)

Eaglepi, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Kosh---01 Win User

Thinking about Lumia 710, some questions I have first.

Hi pramodcp,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

Call divert is available to any phone as it is a network function and not tied to the phone in any way. The update currently rolling out will allow you to setup call divert through
    Settings>Network

Below are some of the network codes for call forwarding;

Feature
    Mode
    Sequence

All calls
    Activate & register number
    ** 21 * Number # SND

Deactivate & deregister number
    ## 21 # SND

Activate to registered number
    * 21 # SND

Deactivate
    # 21 # SND

Verify
    *# 21 # SND

No answer
    Activate & register number
    ** 61 * Number # SND

Deactivate & deregister number
    ## 61 # SND

Activate
    * 61 * Number # SND

Deactivate
    # 61 #

Verify
    *# 61 # SND

Unreachable
    Activate
    ** 62 * Number # SND

Deactivate
    ## 62 # SND

Verify
    *# 62 # SND

Busy
    Activate
    ** 67 * Number # SND

Deactivate
    ## 67 # SND

Verify
    *# 67 # SND

All types
    Deactivate
    ## 002 # SND

All conditional types
    Deactivate
    ## 004 # SND

If you want to extend the time before a divert activates you can add **[time in seconds] after the number. So to activate divert for all calls to number 12345 after 30 seconds you would enter:

** 21 * 12345 ** 30 # SND

The codes mentioned are what most operators use, but they can be different so check with your operator. Also if these codes are not supported by your network you will get a 'Unknown request' or ' request denied' from the network as a response.

Kosh---01, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Thinking about Lumia 710, some questions I have first.

The below nokia basic features not available in Lumia 800/710

no file browser and not able to download non supported file types

USSD codes unable to select menu (inactive keyboard)

Unable to transfer nokia pc suite contacts,

No backup of SMS in zune

Bluetooth pairing and file transfer unavailable

Unable to connect PC without zune

Unable to search contacts directly while in call

unable to divert calls

hoping a earlier fix for the above

regards

pramodcp---01, Nov 11, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

You could be experiencing problems with sleep or hibernate modes or disks are going to power saving mode and shutting down but not waking up at right time.

CountMike, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    I checked in the power settings and set everything to "never" do you have any idea where else I can check to see if it is sleep or hibernate modes or disks are going to power saving mode

Eaglepi, Nov 11, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Did you go to advanced power settings and and set drive sleep to never ?

CountMike, Nov 11, 2016
  7. Eaglepi Win User
    I believe so but I will double check now.

Eaglepi, Nov 11, 2016
  8. nt62 Win User

any network issues?

9. Eaglepi Win User
    Eaglepi, Nov 11, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    You don't need any wake timers if you don't want hibernate and sleep modes, I turned everything off and computer is on 24/7.

CountMike, Nov 11, 2016
  11. Eaglepi Win User
    Eaglepi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions - Similar Threads - I'm thinking going

2. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  3. Going back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going back to windows 7: Hello, wondering can anyone tell me how to go back to windows 7, my laptop is 10 years old and its has updated to 10 and I want to go back, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks....
  4. I'm thinking about getting an SSD for my laptop now but I have questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm thinking about getting an SSD for my laptop now but I have questions: One: should i create a new installation or just use drive copying software? Cause the ssd i want is 240gb while the original hard drive is 450gb and with windows 10 and some apps installed such as eclipse for java, and microsoft edge, and minecraft java/bedrock, and some...
  5. Go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Go back to windows 7: After the recent update, my pc keeps freezing for no reason. I looked up for solutions but I only find that you should update your windows etc. So I did. It still runs like sh*****t and still freezes. I am really sick of this ridiculous situation because all of my work are on...
  6. Going Back To Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Back To Windows 7: I have had Windows 10 on my new PC for nearly two years and I hate it, It keeps crashing or stalling or does not what it's supposed to do or things go missing and I have to download apps to get stuff back with every update and yet again it as crashed with the last one two...
  7. Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10

Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10: so after my dad and mom buyed this pc i have no idea if this just got upgraded to windows 10 or it's literally windows 10 after a few day's i played League of Legends(its already installed in the computer) while i was playing the computer just shuted itself and something...
  8. Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1: Why? Because to me, it seems like Windows 10 is still buggy! I don't like the fact that I can't remove Windows Defender, and/or uninstall/disable some programs that I know i won't use. There are Windows software that are locked into this that eats my RAM and causes my PC to...
  9. Question about reverting back to Windows 7

Question about reverting back to Windows 7: Hi to all forum members. I have just now upgraded my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5542G laptop to Windows 10. I do know that I can revert back to Windows 7 and then re-activate Windows 10 at a later date. My question is, if I do revert back to Windows 7 then do a factory reset on my...
  10. Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Going From Windows 10 Back to Windows 7: Someone said that if you take Microsoft up on their free Windows 10 offer, and then decide to go back to Windows 7, you cannot, because the process of getting Windows 10 will invalidate your Windows 7 key. Is this true? Jim 6732