Windows 10: I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

Discus and support I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthonyRiley3, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I go to Settings...Accounts...Sign-in options...Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello. I click that and get a "Set up" button. Clicking that opens a new window, "Welcome to Windows Hello" with a "Get started" button. I click that and the window goes completely black. It seeme to hang there until I notice that a Windows Security window has opened *behind* it I only noticed it because a taskbar button for it appeared. That window wants my 4 d

:)

AnthonyRiley3, Nov 30, 2023

2. Can I have fingerprint recognition and facial recognition simultaneously active as sign-in options?

I used to have fingerprint recognition on my laptop setup as a sign-in option. I then setup facial recognition as well. Now I can't sign-in using the fingerprint sensor. Is it possible to have both active? Sometimes one is more convenient than the other.

I tried to go to settings to turn fingerprint recognition on and it's listed as currently unavailable.

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2.

Jonathan Biemond, Nov 30, 2023
  3. fingerprint and facial recognition

I am unable to use fingerprint and facial recognition on my new hp laptop since it’s saying “currently unavailable”. I’ve tried online support as well and they told me to contact Microsoft. Can anyone help please.

Natasha Hanif, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

1. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. - Similar Threads - I'm unable activate

2. Facial and Fingerprint recognition issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial and Fingerprint recognition issue: Hello,I'm recieving this message for sign in options on my inspiron 16 7630It is saying the option is currently unavailable. I tried going to the Device Manager and update drivers but uninstalled goodix finger printer. Is there any way to reinstall this and how to do this...
  3. Facial and Fingerprint recognition issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial and Fingerprint recognition issue: Hello,I'm recieving this message for sign in options on my inspiron 16 7630It is saying the option is currently unavailable. I tried going to the Device Manager and update drivers but uninstalled goodix finger printer. Is there any way to reinstall this and how to do this...
  4. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I go to Settings...Accounts...Sign-in options...Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello. I click that and get a "Set up" button....
  5. Can I have fingerprint recognition and facial recognition simultaneously active as sign-in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have fingerprint recognition and facial recognition simultaneously active as sign-in...: I used to have fingerprint recognition on my laptop setup as a sign-in option. I then setup facial recognition as well. Now I can't sign-in using the fingerprint sensor. Is it possible to have both active? Sometimes one is more convenient than the other.I tried to go to...
  6. Can I have fingerprint recognition and facial recognition simultaneously active as sign-in...

Can I have fingerprint recognition and facial recognition simultaneously active as sign-in...: I used to have fingerprint recognition on my laptop setup as a sign-in option. I then setup facial recognition as well. Now I can't sign-in using the fingerprint sensor. Is it possible to have both active? Sometimes one is more convenient than the other.I tried to go to...
  7. fingerprint and facial recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint and facial recognition: I am unable to use fingerprint and facial recognition on my new hp laptop since it’s saying “currently unavailable”. I’ve tried online support as well and they told me to contact Microsoft. Can anyone help please....
  8. fingerprint and facial recognition

fingerprint and facial recognition: I am unable to use fingerprint and facial recognition on my new hp laptop since it’s saying “currently unavailable”. I’ve tried online support as well and they told me to contact Microsoft. Can anyone help please....
  9. Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?: I have a new Dell XPS with windows 11 and non of the security signin options are working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-fingerprint-recognition-and/f5b2a95b-5494-4c11-82de-26340471e4f4
  10. Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?

Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?: I have a new Dell XPS with windows 11 and non of the security signin options are working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-fingerprint-recognition-and/f5b2a95b-5494-4c11-82de-26340471e4f4