Windows 10: I'm unable to update protection on my laptop

Discus and support I'm unable to update protection on my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. iM UNABLE TO UPDATE MY PROTECTION ON MY LAPTOP... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TanyaSMITH41, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I'm unable to update protection on my laptop

Split from this thread.​

iM UNABLE TO UPDATE MY PROTECTION ON MY LAPTOP

:)

TanyaSMITH41, Aug 15, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Reset Protection Notification

Hi Team,

I reset my Microsoft Lumia 650 device ( Hard Reset ), and trying to configure freshly.

After the WiFi Configuration is done, the system is prompting with "Reset Protection Notification" and I am not able to proceed further.

Contacted B2X Team, Microsoft Support Team and found no resolution.

What I did:

• Hard Reset my Mobile Device (It went Successfully)
    • Microsoft (Initial) screen displays and started new configuration
    • Selected the Country and the Time Zone
    • Configured the WiFi Connectivity (Successful)
    • Reset Protection Notification.
    Here in this step, I tried to log in with my Microsoft Account, unable to do so on Mobile, but able to log in successfully on my Laptop

Request any one of you, please suggest to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Sridhar.J

**The "Topics" was edited for clarity by the moderator.**

myMicrosoftCommunity, Sep 25, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

I'm unable to update protection on my laptop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I'm unable to update protection on my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

I'm unable to update protection on my laptop

1. I'm unable to update protection on my laptop - Similar Threads - I'm unable update

2. I'm unable to open "Virus and Threat Protection" after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to open "Virus and Threat Protection" after reset?: I did a clean reset and now im unable to open virus and threat protection. It keeps saying "Disabled by IT Admin" but this is a personal PC and I have no work or school account on it....
  3. I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop: I have HP elitebook 840 G6 laptop with Windows 10 with 21H2 version in itAudio through speaker is not audible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-hear-audio-in-my-laptop/b9ccf634-9849-4e22-8338-d76fa210bb6c
  4. I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop

I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop: I have HP elitebook 840 G6 laptop with Windows 10 with 21H2 version in itAudio through speaker is not audible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-hear-audio-in-my-laptop/b9ccf634-9849-4e22-8338-d76fa210bb6c
  5. i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...: hi,I’m currently having problems with my personal laptop where it is telling me it is linked to my school accountmy laptop was working fine and I never had my school account linked with it, I was only logged in on some apps and could go about accessing all settings until now,...
  6. i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...

i'm unable to access specific settings on my personal laptop, and unable to remove my...: hi,I’m currently having problems with my personal laptop where it is telling me it is linked to my school accountmy laptop was working fine and I never had my school account linked with it, I was only logged in on some apps and could go about accessing all settings until now,...
  7. i'm unable to update my windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm unable to update my windows 8: im unable to update my windows 8 and bios as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-update-my-windows-8/ba30135e-e894-49a3-aa36-e618d96753c4
  8. i'm unable to update my windows 8

i'm unable to update my windows 8: im unable to update my windows 8 and bios as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-update-my-windows-8/ba30135e-e894-49a3-aa36-e618d96753c4
  9. I'm unable to remove "Write Protection" from my USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to remove "Write Protection" from my USB drive.: Hi,So the issue is that I am unable to remove the write protection from my USB. The issue arose after I used MediaCreationToolW11 to install the windows 11 boot loader onto the USB stick.When I was about halfway through the installation, a message appeared saying that...
  10. I'm unable to remove "Write Protection" from my USB drive.

I'm unable to remove "Write Protection" from my USB drive.: Hi,So the issue is that I am unable to remove the write protection from my USB. The issue arose after I used MediaCreationToolW11 to install the windows 11 boot loader onto the USB stick.When I was about halfway through the installation, a message appeared saying that...